This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
    The inside power of jones is admirable. But good teamwork requires volume scoring by wings to properly engage both bigs and guards. This time, i agree that a brownlee, who can destroy at will the best aussie, nz and south korean wing fighters in offense and defense, is needed more. Blatche of course could handle both bigs and wings with ease. There's nothing like him. Mature native wing fighters big enough to handle nba players will take at least four more years -- and tears -- of preparation.
    Yup. Looking ahead, Brownlee, BRP (if he gets his head in order), Kobe Paras, and Carl Tamayo should be our main SF's. The sooner these four become acquainted to the national team program, the better.

Length is the missing x-factor in our wings that's keeping us from winning one over China, Iran, and Korea. We need to produce more of the aforementioned in order to elevate ourselves to Tier I status.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by wowow View Post
      OT. Can we lobby Terrence Jones as next naturalized player for Gilas? He's good 3-5 years for us.
      If TNT wins this Commissioner's cup title, it can be a big boost for the bid. Good for Jones, he is enjoying his stay in the Philippines. His Fil-Am kid adds up his connection tp the country, too. His teammates love his leadership.
      "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

Comment

• And in case anyone still is interested in midgets for national teams, that 3 second segment in the magnolia-tnt game today where jalalon missed a point-blank attempt is forever priceless. He was so busy looking around for defensive players -- all can block him with ease - he had no time anymore to look properly at the ring. Just like a rat poking its head above the ground and so fearful of hawks it did not see the snake in the ground.

Look at the slomo midget baller lovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
          And in case anyone still is interested in midgets for national teams, that 3 second segment in the magnolia-tnt game today where jalalon missed a point-blank attempt is forever priceless. He was so busy looking around for defensive players -- all can block him with ease - he had no time anymore to look properly at the ring. Just like a rat poking its head above the ground and so fearful of hawks it did not see the snake in the ground.

Look at the slomo midget baller lovers.
          One sub six-footer on the NT should be the maximum.
          GILAS WISHLIST:
          6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
            Shall we evaluate our performance every 4 years? Why not 2 or 5? Just because we are selective with the timeframe that fits our narrative?

4 years because it covers one cycle...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              The irony of this world cup is simply due to the difference in format(classification games) we actually might win more games than 2014.

Blatche looks decently in shape and there is enough talent there to win classification games, Tunisia and Iran

I'm looking forward to wins, one or two
              We should beat teams that we should be beating, Angola and Iran. If we lose to Iran their that converstation of Phil being 1st or 2nd tier will be moot and academic...

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                My ranking(based on their 2019 available players:

1. Australia- many NBA players
                2. Japan- Hachimura, Watanabe, Fazeka,
                3. New Zealand- many Euroleague players but Steven Adams is not commited
                4. China- Guo, Ding, Zhou, Abudushalamu
                5.Philippines- Blatche, Fajardo, Lassiter, Ravena
                6. Korea- team play
                7. Iran- old Haddadi, Kazemi, Jamshidi, Yahkchali
                8. Lebanon-
                9. Jordan-

Australia and Japan with Hachimura, Watanabe plus Fazeka will be hard to beat for Gilas. As for New Zealand, China, Korea, Iran, Lebanon and Jordan I think the Gilas can beat them and also they can beat Gilas.
                You can see a consistency pattern of how people view talent rankings. this is not far from what Bonifacio posted, more or less I agree, no huge disagrements..
                Just some observations. No doubt Japan has the frontcourt talent.. the concern relative to world competition is their backcourt level..

Korea with their naturalize player, mobile bigs and perimeter players with good length & shooting is a mid level ( 4th to 6th ) tier talent nation.

Not that it should count when evaluating talent , but i think of all the teams involved the Philippine relies most on their naturalize player ( Blatche) to uplift their level
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  Also the reason for the 4 year period counting back from present is it's an apples to apples comparison of when ANZ joined the Asia zone, it's hard to factor and compare the results of Aus and NZ in FIBA Oceania competition. So the period of 2016 to 2019 is purely looking at all results when ANZ is included in the Asia zone.
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                      Okay sana kaso di pa tapos ang cycle, may conclusion na. Smh

Besides, if the cycle restarts after a world cup. Di ba dapat kasama sa changsa 2015?

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                        Okay sana kaso di pa tapos ang cycle, may conclusion na. Smh

Besides, if the cycle restarts after a world cup. Di ba dapat kasama sa changsa 2015?
                        Regardless of when you do the start and finish of the 4 year cycle , and say include 2015, it still does not materially alter the ranking of results. Gilas still won't be ranked in top 4 in the Asia Pacific region. additionally how do you use the results of the games of the Oceania team that didn't compete in Changsa.? ..

Comment

• You really don't need to get to the detail of exact period , becuase any period moving back from 1 year to up to even 8 years , the totallity of the results for the period assesment moving back that you choose (wheter 1 or 8 years) will never generate results that the Philippines will rank in the top 5 in Asia Pacific . try it and show me..

But bottom line is this -without even having to do all these complicated computations , but just based on survey of what people think, Bonifacio, Tomcat , Prince , myself have a general consensus talent assessment of where rankings are.. with the Phiippines is not in the top 4 in any ones assessment. It's universally accepted already..

Comment

You can see a consistency pattern of how people view talent rankings. this is not far from what Bonifacio posted, more or less I agree, no huge disagrements..
                            Just some observations. No doubt Japan has the frontcourt talent.. the concern relative to world competition is their backcourt level..

Korea with their naturalize player, mobile bigs and perimeter players with good length & shooting is a mid level ( 4th to 6th ) tier talent nation.

Not that it should count when evaluating talent , but i think of all the teams involved the Philippine relies most on their naturalize player ( Blatche) to uplift their level
                            University of North Carolina Wilmington 6'2 point guard Kai Toews. Toews averaged 8.8 points, 7.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds in 33 games for the Seahawks. He made 32 starts and logged a team-high 1,014 minutes.

A Colonial Athletic Association All-Rookie First Team member, Toews notched eight double-doubles.

What’s more, Toews was second in the NCAA Division I ranks in assists per game. Only Murray State’s Ja Morant, considered one of the top prospects for the 2019 NBA Draft, averaged more assists (10.0).

“Kai had a record-setting season,” UNCW head coach C.B. McGrath said of a player expected to play a prominent role for the Japan men’s national team in the near future. “He’s a true point guard that wants to record an assist before scoring. Kai is a player every shooter wants as a teammate.”

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              I think we should give Justin Brownlee (assuming his papers are processed on time) a shot at being the NP during the Asia Cup 2021 qualifiers. We have enough capable guys on the front court and we badly need a lengthy SF to bother those Korean shooters.
                              Brownlee will be 35-36 by 2023,while he is so popular here in the Phils, he plays the position of Jordan Clarkson, a big PF /SF like Jones should be ideal for Gilas. Besides may bonus pa, he has a Fil Am son, so as early as now kunan na ng Philippine passport yan..

Comment

You really don't need to get to the detail of exact period , becuase any period moving back from 1 year to up to even 8 years , the totallity of the results for the period assesment moving back that you choose (wheter 1 or 8 years) will never generate results that the Philippines will rank in the top 5 in Asia Pacific . try it and show me..

But bottom line is this -without even having to do all these complicated computations , but just based on survey of what people think, Bonifacio, Tomcat , Prince , myself have a general consensus talent assessment of where rankings are.. with the Phiippines is not in the top 4 in any ones assessment. It's universally accepted already..
                                What is the Fiba ranking of Gilas at present among Asia Pacific, that more than sums up and a reflection our level of play this past 4-8 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information