Page 412 of 423 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 8442

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    No matter. at barely 5'9, i don't think he's going to replace all the 5'9s we have playing locally
    Castro is 5' 9" and he became the best PG in Asia. I think Kihei has better upside than Castro. And he's a better defender than Castro.
    If you will watch him, you can see that he can defend guys taller than him. I also saw once where he defend a taller guy in the post, and he did a good job.
    He knows how to plant his foot properly to defend guys backing him. I dont think Castro and other PG in here that can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Castro is 5' 9" and he became the best PG in Asia. I think Kihei has better upside than Castro. And he's a better defender than Castro.
    If you will watch him, you can see that he can defend guys taller than him. I also saw once where he defend a taller guy in the post, and he did a good job.
    He knows how to plant his foot properly to defend guys backing him. I dont think Castro and other PG in here that can do that.
    Gotcha chief.

but how many PGS do you need in the NT anyway? We got JGDL , who in this forum, is the consensus next great pg, we got the aforementioned Remy Martin, who has proven himself in the USNCAA. We still have Dalph Panopio, who at his age, is playing professionally in Italy. We got the hyper-athletic 5'9 Mark Nonoy of UST , which made the D-League while still playing HS basketball.

He is maybe better than 1 or 2 of the 4 that I mentioned , but in no way he's better than all of them. and at 5'9 its very hard to justify that kid will replace either 1 of the 4

just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Gotcha chief.

but how many PGS do you need in the NT anyway? We got JGDL , who in this forum, is the consensus next great pg, we got the aforementioned Remy Martin, who has proven himself in the USNCAA. We still have Dalph Panopio, who at his age, is playing professionally in Italy. We got the hyper-athletic 5'9 Mark Nonoy of UST , which made the D-League while still playing HS basketball.

He is maybe better than 1 or 2 of the 4 that I mentioned , but in no way he's better than all of them. and at 5'9 its very hard to justify that kid will replace either 1 of the 4

just my opinion.
    You're just focusing on his height rather than how he play. And besides it's a good thing that they will have a pool of PG's to choose to.

Focus on how he distributes the ball and how he defend rather than his height.

He played perfectly his role and he's very good at it, rare for a 5'9 rookie fil am to be given major role and minutes all the way to the title. With kyle guy declaring for this years NBA draft and probably Hunter, Clark may be asked to be more offense minded and up his scoring ave next season unless they have incoming scorers

jason brickman lite... rarely we have pure pg these days
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Castro defended Bojan Bogdanovic in the post well in 2014.
    They call me THE HERO.

based on this clip, he still lacks outside shooting. he can't or doesn't penetrate prolly bec. of his size, and was on the wrong end of a highlight three-point shot. Kahit chamba lang yung 3, his man just shot over him because of his size. Was he guarding the guy who scored 42 points? Too lazy to investigate. As a ball distributor, he is excellent and he's doing it at a high level competition. It would have been nice if he was 6'2"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought the Gilas logo looked a little too familiar https://www.instagram.com/p/BxOh1otF4RM/

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I thought the Gilas logo looked a little too familiar https://www.instagram.com/p/BxOh1otF4RM/
    Maybe they hired Sabine Wren to design the logo. ��

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Maybe they hired Sabine Wren to design the logo. ��
    SBP folks thought nerds dont watch basketball and cheer for the NT. That's what happened if the federation is controlled by old geezers and are ignorant about pop culture

updated
    PG 510Castro 60Martin 64BRP
    SG 65Clarkson 62Lassiter
    SF 65Gabe 67Troy
    PF 69Japeth 610Edu
    C 611Blatche 610JMF 70Slaugther
    Justifications:
    Barroca-Martin;mirror/same intensity but RM is a bit taller(510 vs 60) and much younger
    Lee/Thompson-JC6;can fill several pages for justification ������
    Pogoy-BRP; BRP younger and bigger and RRs offense is not that much missed with JC6 n DRAY offer.BRP can play 1 2 n 3 positions
    Ravena-Edu; 5 fouls of 610 mobile, defensive minded, with blocking abilty and NCAA experienced PF is highly needed
    Erram-Slaughter; 68 Erram i think is too small (short and light) against 6'10-7'4 F/C in World Championship.His 3pt ability is not that much missed with JC6 and Blatche presence.

Quote Originally Posted by jofre View Post
    updated
    SG 65Clarkson 62Lassiter
    SF 65Gabe 67Troy
    PF 69Japeth 610Edu
    Justifications:
    Barroca-Martin;mirror/same intensity but RM is a bit taller(510 vs 60) and much younger
    Pogoy-BRP; BRP younger and bigger and RRs offense is not that much missed with JC6 n DRAY offer.BRP can play 1 2 n 3 positions
    Ravena-Edu; 5 fouls of 610 mobile, defensive minded, with blocking abilty and NCAA experienced PF is highly needed
    Erram-Slaughter; 68 Erram i think is too small (short and light) against 6'10-7'4 F/C in World Championship.His 3pt ability is not that much missed with JC6 and Blatche presence.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by jofre View Post
    updated
    SG 65Clarkson 62Lassiter
    SF 65Gabe 67Troy
    PF 69Japeth 610Edu
    Justifications:
    Pogoy and Parks they got the same age.. but parks is bigger at stronger

C/PF: Slaughter, Blatche, JMF and Aguilar
    SF: Troy, Gabe and JC
    SG: Parks, Lassiter and Lee
    PG: Castro and Martin/Barroca
    Indiana Pacers (bcoz of PG13)
    San Antonio Spurs
    TaMs

only sensible to naturalize a player via congress who can play for us in 2023 WC , Brownlee would be too old, Blatche is a lock for 2019

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...feed_1_section

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    only sensible to naturalize a player via congress who can play for us in 2023 WC , Brownlee would be too old, Blatche is a lock for 2019

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...feed_1_section
    there are two sensible naturalization prospects we have now - terrence jones and angelo kouame. these guys set foot to our local basketball leagues. they have cultural affinity with us having connection with philippines in different ways. i think enough to justify their naturalization process.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    there are two sensible naturalization prospects we have now - terrence jones and angelo kouame. these guys set foot to our local basketball leagues. they have cultural affinity with us having connection with philippines in different ways. i think enough to justify their naturalization process.
    how old is terence jones?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    how old is terence jones?
    27 y/o

Page 412 of 423 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast