Page 3 of 484 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    My suggested lineups that balance competitiveness with player development:

For non-qualifying tournaments (SEABA, Jones Cup, Asia Challenge, Asia Champs after Olympic years):

1 backup naturalized player (could be any one of Tautuaa or any of the African players in PH)
    6-8 U21 Cadets
    1-2 reinforcements from the PBA (lower-tier teams) and/or the PBA D-League
    1-2 U18 standouts

For qualifying tournaments (WC qualifiers, WC proper, Asia Champs before Olympic years, OQT):

1 ~20yo naturalized 6-9+ bigman with strong inside presence and decent range (3pt shooting is only a bonus, and ONLY when wide open)
    6-8 core senior players
    1-2 Cadet standouts
    1-2 U18 standouts

Thoughts?

Which player comes to your mind about the naturalization?

That is why we need a PG who does not care how many points he scores as long as his team wins games.
    He would have to be someone from a systematic team. You need to develop court vision if you want to be a good passer. It takes practice. I don't watch the PBA much but is there any team that prioritizes ball movement than 1-on-1 plays?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

I observed that our PGs were bit slower compared to their counterparts this OQT.

Quote Originally Posted by emilsantosiii View Post
    I observed that our PGs were bit slower compared to their counterparts this OQT.
    That is why our PGs have to be smarter. We can't play like the Americans because we don't have their size and athleticism.
    Me when Gilas finished dead last in the World Cup and Wesley So won a Chess championship for the United States instead of the Philippines:

Sige basketball pa, kulelat naman sa World Cup. Kaya tayo ipinagpalit ni Wesley So sa Amerika eh.

Are we Filipinos still on about basketball when we finished dead last at the World Cup? No wonder Wesley So left us for the States.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Which player comes to your mind about the naturalization?
    Maybe some African player who played here in the Philippines. Cheaper, and we won't be at the mercy of the schedules of foreign leagues.

Blatche is a double-edged sword for us, but he's not always available due to this crappy FIBA qualifying sched.
    Me when Gilas finished dead last in the World Cup and Wesley So won a Chess championship for the United States instead of the Philippines:

Sige basketball pa, kulelat naman sa World Cup. Kaya tayo ipinagpalit ni Wesley So sa Amerika eh.

Are we Filipinos still on about basketball when we finished dead last at the World Cup? No wonder Wesley So left us for the States.

Quote Originally Posted by emilsantosiii View Post
    Not really, they just dont have the ability to facilitate.

Oraeme or Bright perhaps?

Maybe some African player who played here in the Philippines. Cheaper, and we won't be at the mercy of the schedules of foreign leagues.

Blatche is a double-edged sword for us, but he's not always available due to this crappy FIBA qualifying sched.

I was wondering,isn't Norwood American?Has he any Philippine descent or he got citizenship before turning 16?

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    I was wondering,isn't Norwood American?Has he any Philippine descent or he got citizenship before turning 16?
    American dad and a Filipino mom. He has already played for us in 2009 before the Hagop Rule came into effect.

Parks is the point guard of the team, Romeo and Castro are too 1 dimensional in this level, he was able to guard Tai webster at tiems, even gabe norwood can keep in step with the kid..

Bekham Yakchali was a scorer in his youth years before being transformed into a pg.. Ravena cannot do it..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

if i may add, even if you are a good point guard, if your teamates arent familiar with the system. Mahirap dalhin yung team. What ails our team is the lack of familiarization with one another and the system itself. Every team in this tournament is playing fluidly both in defense and offense. Yung team natin pinakawalang tono. Lots of mental errors and rookie mistakes. In hindsight, toromans half court set was the best among the 3 coaches. May nalilibre talaga basta sundin lang yung sistema. While tabs offense requires a player to make a quick basketball decision, pag sablay ka sa IQ yari ka. Turnovers galore.

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    if i may add, even if you are a good point guard, if your teamates arent familiar with the system. Mahirap dalhin yung team. What ails our team is the lack of familiarization with one another and the system itself. Every team in this tournament is playing fluidly both in defense and offense. Yung team natin pinakawalang tono. Lots of mental errors and rookie mistakes. In hindsight, toromans half court set was the best among the 3 coaches. May nalilibre talaga basta sundin lang yung sistema. While tabs offense requires a player to make a quick basketball decision, pag sablay ka sa IQ yari ka. Turnovers galore.
    Less amrgin of error to the tnt guys because tab is "coaching" the team..

I envision our future pass-first PG as someone who may not be that athletic, but is a great facilitator who makes his teammates better and is not afraid to take the big shots.
    Racela or Chris Ross type of player...but with nerves of steel.
    Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Pretty much sums it up:

"INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Just an opinion for me if we give Junemar touches he can score inside, What if we let Clarkson play instead of Blatche? Regarding the boards most of our boards come from Troy/Blatche but yeah we will sacrifice our inside but i noticed that the team lack a PG that can stabilize (tenorio) plus blatche plays more of a three just a suggestion

Regarding the PG close is Ravena/Jalalon.. How about baser/rr garcia they are good playmakers but lack heft in intl tourney. Paul lee admits he wants to play the 2 guard

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    I thought the complaint about Euro ball when used by Gilas is predictability.

They should have given the spot of Japeth to Calvin. They prepared to use Japeth as the Starting Center and then when the actual game came they did not utilize him. Calvin could have been get into the nerves of the Webster brothers, Parker and De Colo.

That is why we need a PG who does not care how many points he scores as long as his team wins games.
    Tenorio. But then again his too small.

Quote Originally Posted by LCM View Post
    They should have given the spot of Japeth to Calvin. They prepared to use Japeth as the Starting Center and then when the actual game came they did not utilize him. Calvin could have been get into the nerves of the Webster brothers, Parker and De Colo.
    RDO, Ryan reyes(played token minutes altogether) ang daming pwedeng palitan, pagiinitan pa sian Japeth, Ray at Chan..

Jared dillinger can be useful because he can play 1 2 3 and even 4 because of his heft, somehow Tab don't like him..

Page 3 of 484 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast