Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The light at the end of the tunnel is that RSA and MVP may have already buried the hatchet. Reports have it that RSA watched the PHL-FRA game, one of those rare times that RSA was seen in public watching a basketball game.

But more importantly, RSA has somehow smoked the peace pipe when he invited MVP (along with other tycoons like JAZA, Hans Sy, etc.) in a purported Manila airport project at the reclamation area in ParaƱaque amounting to approximately $10B. This project was initially shelved, but is being revived under the new administration. Because of the financial magnitude, it makes business sense for RSA to partner with other infrastructure investors to make this project come to fruition.

Not being too optimistic though, but at least, these are good signs. Especially if they end up being business partners in this endeavor.

Then, from what I hear, Noli Eala is practically out of the SMC Group already so there won't be any "antagonistic" perspective. It's Al Chua who's running the sports show at SMC, and he may be the "friendlier" conduit to help unite PHL basketball.

Comment

in short our PG's are all westbrook type of PG's. We don't have PG's like stockton nor steve nash.

I understand why Japeth isn't field in by tab during the france game and i figure it out during the game itself that it's a mismatch for japeth to match up diaw, lauvergne. Japeth's type of match up is against Chinese bigs not french bigs.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
        Can't blame the SBP when the new FIBA qualification games run smack into the PBA season and the Jurassic Commissioner still wants to keep the 3-conference format to keep money flowing. After all, nobody watches regular season games unless it's the popular teams, and everybody watches championship games ESPECIALLY if it's the popular teams.
        I can't really blame the PBA either. I can understand why it'd be hard to adjust schedules now without specific weeks and dates from FIBA with regards to when the qualifying matches will be played. Scheduling games comes to fruit years out, it'd be hard to schedule games right now without the specific time FIBA has in mind.

This is all FIBA's doing, and it's a shame a lot of leagues will be hurt by this.

If you think about it though, this new format should be more beneficial for the PBA in this sense: while players would leave their mother teams in the middle of the season and the PBA would have to postpone games, there would be no more need for a month or two month long build-up for Gilas as we see for specific qualifying tournaments, which would mean less wear and tear for the players. Something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
          The light at the end of the tunnel is that RSA and MVP may have already buried the hatchet. Reports have it that RSA watched the PHL-FRA game, one of those rare times that RSA was seen in public watching a basketball game.

But more importantly, RSA has somehow smoked the peace pipe when he invited MVP (along with other tycoons like JAZA, Hans Sy, etc.) in a purported Manila airport project at the reclamation area in ParaƱaque amounting to approximately $10B. This project was initially shelved, but is being revived under the new administration. Because of the financial magnitude, it makes business sense for RSA to partner with other infrastructure investors to make this project come to fruition.

Not being too optimistic though, but at least, these are good signs. Especially if they end up being business partners in this endeavor.

Then, from what I hear, Noli Eala is practically out of the SMC Group already so there won't be any "antagonistic" perspective. It's Al Chua who's running the sports show at SMC, and he may be the "friendlier" conduit to help unite PHL basketball.
          it's everyone's wish..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

I did see RSA watch the France game. Nice to see, though I hope that RSA didn't get pissed seeing June Mar only play a few minutes vs France and Japeth get benched the whole game...lol

Also interesting MVP, through TV 5 of course, invited in Petron and San Miguel Beer to sponsor the tournament.

Small things probably, but still something to consider.

Comment

Yeah i saw alot of pictures RSA really watch the game againts france i really hope it's the start of unity of the two empire.

Eala out of smc? yes that is a good news! i hope politics in PH basketball ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                in short our PG's are all westbrook type of PG's. We don't have PG's like stockton nor steve nash.

I understand why Japeth isn't field in by tab during the france game and i figure it out during the game itself that it's a mismatch for japeth to match up diaw, lauvergne. Japeth's type of match up is against Chinese bigs not french bigs.
                Or Rondo or Parker.

The closest we got is Ryan Reyes.
                GILAS WISHLIST:
                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMarco2016 View Post
                  I did see RSA watch the France game. Nice to see, though I hope that RSA didn't get pissed seeing June Mar only play a few minutes vs France and Japeth get benched the whole game...lol
                  Won't worry about that too much. I doubt if RSA would make decisions based on basketball plays. He understands the game enough to let the coach be given enough latitude to run the show. JMF was saddled with foul trouble in the France game so it wasn't like he wasn't given the opportunity.

The other development is that SMC actually helped MVP's TV5 by advertising its products on the network. We all know RSA owns CNN Philippines and it's not like TV5 is the best advertising medium for them (w/ ABS-CBN and GMA around). Yet, those ads, worth somewhere in the 7 or 8 digits, is a healthy sign that these businessmen can actually work together provided that both end up with a win-win solution.

Comment

So that means the long-haired Chinese guy is the only remaining thorn to achieving true unity in Philippine basketball. Once this guy is out, the PBA will be more willing to cooperate with the national cause. #WeStillBelieve #WC2019
                    Originally posted by gideon
                    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

We have two of them, but damn hagop rule!
                      Gilas Pilipinas

Dallas Mavericks

UST Growling Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MFFL View Post
                        We have two of them, but damn hagop rule!
                        We still have a potential pass-first PG in Kiefer Ravena.
                        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

So that means the long-haired Chinese guy is the only remaining thorn to achieving true unity in Philippine basketball. Once this guy is out, the PBA will be more willing to cooperate with the national cause. #WeStillBelieve #WC2019
                          Not exactly accurate. Chua may actually turn out to be the one guy that can unite everyone. I don't really think he's a thorn, that was Eala's role.

But believe me when I say Chua has RSA's complete trust and confidence....at this moment, at least...

Comment

We still have a potential pass-first PG in Kiefer Ravena.
                            Lol I hope you are joking brother. The guy has an ego that needs to be smashed by a sledgehammer in the form of Tab Baldwin's scolding sessions.
                            GILAS WISHLIST:
                            6'8 Pingris

Comment

Not exactly accurate. Chua may actually turn out to be the one guy that can unite everyone. I don't really think he's a thorn, that was Eala's role.

But believe me when I say Chua has RSA's complete trust and confidence....at this moment, at least...
                              Sir JPM, do you have an idea who might succeed MVP as the SBP president? I believe SMC representation is crucial in the SBP for obvious reasons.

Comment

Thanks for the correction, JPM. Kaya lang kasi, dinosaur ang kume eh.

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                                Sir JPM, do you have an idea who might succeed MVP as the SBP president? I believe SMC representation is crucial in the SBP for obvious reasons.
                                Equal representation for everyone. Just make sure to sift out and block all Chinese agents from SBP.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information