Page 553 of 584 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,060 of 11678

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Altruism brought them here. Experience keeping others of their ilk out. Nothing wrong here, both MVP and SMC groups acting out of rational self-interest. The challenge here is finding where their interests coincide. At some point, they do. They are both basketball stakeholders who benefit from a strong league, a strong pool and a strong base from which to continue to thrive. A successfully-run national program, not to mention a successful national team, benefits both of them in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Gusty View Post
    Altruism brought them here. Experience keeping others of their ilk out. Nothing wrong here, both MVP and SMC groups acting out of rational self-interest. The challenge here is finding where their interests coincide. At some point, they do. They are both basketball stakeholders who benefit from a strong league, a strong pool and a strong base from which to continue to thrive. A successfully-run national program, not to mention a successful national team, benefits both of them in the end!
    CYG sana brought them together. Prep is bad tho.
    SMC and BCAP hates Tab so now what?

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    CYG sana brought them together. Prep is bad tho.
    SMC and BCAP hates Tab so now what?
    Yeng will be key for BCAP. Hoping he will be flexible in leveraging on Tab’s services as program director. SMC is a bigger challenge. I think if someone speaks to Chualay or maybe Noli Eala, RSA can be made to agree. Haaay. Pinoys just love politics and up to here kailangan pa hanapan ng taga-himas.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Amateur core
    Kai
    AJ
    Kobe
    Dwight
    Thirdy
    1GDL
    Kouame

Outliners
    Baltazar, Go, Matt, Bulanadi
    no love for daveI lol

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    no love for daveI lol
    While obviosuly has potential , when he played vs seniors (gilas) you could see the others were significantly ahead...
    obviously if he improves significantly in the next 2 years , things can be different
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    no love for daveI lol
    Among the recent batang gilas, aside from Kai and AJ, only dave was able to gain some attention from the scouts, with one saying he's an ncaa div 1 talent. That's a testament to his potentials, but, of course, we all have our own favourites. But as far as im concerned, he should be there. I mean, if you have the likes of isaac go on your list, how come one like dave isn't.

If the program is looking to develop a tall PG or at least a combo guard, dave is one of the few who has the potential to be one.
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Among the recent batang gilas, aside from Kai and AJ, only dave was able to gain some attention from the scouts, with one saying he's an ncaa div 1 talent. That's a testament to his potentials, but, of course, we all have our own favourites. But as far as im concerned, he should be there. I mean, if you have the likes of isaac go on your list, how come one like dave isn't.

If the program is looking to develop a tall PG or at least a combo guard, dave is one of the few who has the potential to be one.

It doesn't make sense that among the Batang Gilas,that Dave is not considered a top guard,I don't see any of the PGs in BG that's ahead of Dave,specially not hairboy,eh?

given 1GDL , Kouame and Dwight are just around 20 , and just technically missed the age cutt off
    the two together with Kai, AJ , Tamayo, Dalph and Dave really form the future of Gilas prospects .
    Off course Thridy, Baltazar , Go, and matt who are old relative to these guys are part of the pool

That's a whole team there arleady to work with up to 2023
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

given 1GDL , Kouame and Dwight are just around 20 , and just technically missed the age cutt off
    the two together with Kai, AJ , Tamayo, Dalph and Dave really form the future of Gilas prospects .
    Off course Thridy, Baltazar , Go, and matt who are old relative to these guys are part of the pool

That's a whole team there arleady to work with up to 2023
    Would you recommend for Ange Kouame to try his luck overseas just to get some sort of international exposure? Might be able to even crack a G league developmental player spot.

Quote Originally Posted by curtaincall View Post
    Would you recommend for Ange Kouame to try his luck overseas just to get some sort of international exposure? Might be able to even crack a G league developmental player spot.
    if he get's an opportunity , why not , but for the Gilas program per se, we need him to be avaialbe for the windows ( so as long as it's not in conflict why not )

if he get's an opportunity , why not , but for the Gilas program per se, we need him to be avaialbe for the windows ( so as long as it's not in conflict why not )
    If it will be conflict. I rather have kouame choose overseas. We are qualified anyway. And I think we can manage weaker asian teams w/o kouame. Only Korea is the problem in our bracket

^^
    Disagree, 1st it is not the Asia cup qualifiers but the WC qualifiers that I'm talking about. ("competition will be better)
    Secondly the team preparing for the WC needs to learn to play with a 7 footer to build chemistry. If it waits only in the World Cup to play with a 7 footer (Kai, AJ etc), it's style of play that will develop will be very different.

People need to understand the value of developing cohesion that fits FiBA world using a tall player. If it plays with 6'8 undersize players like Erram, Go etc the team will over compensate by playing with a guard centric offense to keep competitive and this will not help us learn now to play with a 7 footer like Kai and Aj

^^
    Disagree, 1st it is not the Asia cup qualifiers but the WC qualifiers that I'm talking about. ("competition will be better)
    Secondly the team preparing for the WC needs to learn to play with a 7 footer to build chemistry. If it waits only in the World Cup to play with a 7 footer (Kai, AJ etc), it's style of play that will develop will be very different.

People need to understand the value of developing cohesion that fits FiBA world using a tall player. If it plays with 6'8 undersize players like Erram, Go etc the team will over compensate by playing with a guard centric offense to keep competitive and this will not help us learn now to play with a 7 footer like Kai and Aj
    So 2 naturalized player in the Cadets lineup, Kouame and another 6'7-6'8 small forward. By 2023, Kouame will be replace by Kai Sotto and the 6'7 naturalized small forward will retain the 1 naturalized spot or Jordan Clarkson will replace him..

DaveI should also be considered,a good ambidextrous hand shots,using his left and right arms to create shots.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    So 2 naturalized player in the Cadets lineup, Kouame and another 6'7-6'8 small forward. By 2023, Kouame will be replace by Kai Sotto and the 6'7 naturalized small forward will retain the 1 naturalized spot or Jordan Clarkson will replace him..
    what? who?

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    what? who?
    I think AJ from May 2022 will be available full time to help Kouame, and there is a chance either an eligible like Standhardinger can play with Kouame (not all tournaments are official FIBA sauntioned using same eligiblity rules). Plus there is of course a possibility of exception Like a Ballugkay

I think AJ from May 2022 will be available full time to help Kouame, and there is a chance either an eligible like Standhardinger can play with Kouame (not all tournaments are official FIBA sauntioned using same eligiblity rules). Plus there is of course a possibility of exception Like a Ballugkay
    i see, a possible aj+ballungay combination sounds promising.

But balungay doesn't have a phil passport, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    But balungay doesn't have a phil passport, right?
    hence, the possible 2nd naturalized player behind kouame

AJ also has a dream to play to the NBA.. so 2022 is impossible.. granting that the 2022 NBA rookie draft will be loaded then for sure he will stay at Toledo until summer of 2023.. maybe hugot only for 2022 but joining til long term practices then it's impossible..

Page 553 of 584 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563 ... LastLast