Page 550 of 584 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,000 of 11678

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I would choose 5 local coaches before coach chot

but what if coach chot just invented a system that combines euroball and argentinian bball philosophies interlaced with pinoy characteristics?

still a no?
    Last edited by barok espinoza; 05-05-2020 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    but what if coach chot just invented a system that combines euroball and argentinian bball philosophies interlaced with pinoy characteristics?

still a no?
    Hahahahaahha.

The possibility of a cure for covid being found out is 10x liikely than that.

still a no?
    Among all those who are coaching in any of the local leagues who aren't named tab baldwin, Chot is the most qualified. That stands no matter what his haters say
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

All coaching consideration has to be within the context of Tab being the program director of Gilas with the goal of 2023 in mind.

It's moot to be discussing prospects if they can't fit within that context, after all it is still a team game.

guys, i really am not a hardcore chot fan.. but i do recognize his accomplishment which no Filipino has done before.. Let give credit where credit is due (like how MJ put Isaiah Thomas second to Magic Johnson despite his hate towards him).. Chot Reyes is a great coach to handle the National Team.. his record speaks for itself.. lets not look at the brawl and the 2014 Asian Games.. he has put in results.. because of him, we are back in the world map.

with that being said, you have to look at the whole context.. he is saying the there is no need for a foreign head coach to handle the national team yes.. but read through it again, he also mentioned that he needed as part of his staff Tab Baldwin and Nacho Lezcano, both international coaches who will help him on the technicalities and techniques of international play.. now I have been a supporter of this.. to have Jimmy Alapag as head coach of the National Team (say what you will but he is pure Filipino by blood).. but put as his assistants the best foreign coaches that we can get for international play preparation.. that for me is the perfect combination..

We had coach Rajko and what happened, we didn't get the desired results plus had some issues within.. Tab Baldwin is a great coach, but handling PBA players and governors is quite difficult for him thus despite somewhat performing very well, he was out and chot replace him again (politics kung politics).. so what will change if we put foreign coach? I guess an american will have an easier time since we really compliment well with Americans (I think of all the National Teams, we as a country has utilized a Naturalized American Player the most compared to the others).. you can expect to change our point of view and culture. so you have to adapt and see a middle ground for this - thus my position to have a Filipino National Head Coach and surround with foreign talent..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    All coaching consideration has to be within the context of Tab being the program director of Gilas with the goal of 2023 in mind.

It's moot to be discussing prospects if they can't fit within that context, after all it is still a team game.
    agree. Tab being the program director is already set in stone. Coach who will be chosen can be anyone, just needs to be the one who can bring tab's vision into existence.

Nothing against chot, i dont mind him coaching gilas again. but for me, being partial and non-inclusive in terms of culture/race is not a good attitude and borderline racist.

To be honest I’ve never seen any Filipino coach with Tab’s vision. To create a mega pool by 2023 just in case players are unavailable due to injuries(God forbid), mother team disapproval, other commitments. Also to boost the level of skill and talent in the country of all playing positions. Now I see why he chose NCAA unknowns and UAAP underrated players to play in some tournaments such as Jalalon, Khobuntin, Vosostros and high school players like Prince Rivero and Jonas Tibayan. So for Chot to say that no foreign coach has done a better job than filipino coaches (Chot and Yeng) is kind of not accurate sure we’ve qualified in 2 world cups cause of filipino coaches. But when you look at our developmental program we are 30 years behind all other countries. Look at Australia. They can send their top 30-40 players and we’ll still lose by a huge margin. Maybe for Chot Team Manager is the best position for him as of now. Help foreign coaches get the players in their wish list.

They're pretty decent coaching Gilas staff existing
    TAB, Compton, Dickel, Topex, so whoever is assigned as head coach it would be silly and overly disruptive if we just let all of them go, the coach has to be able to work with the existing coaching staff
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

what's the timeline for picking the coach? sorry if it was discussed here before

still a no?
    Haven't seen Chot coach amateurs in the international scene. If he can prove that he can duplicate Tab and Toros accomp, then so be it.

Chot = Jerry Krause

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    Chot = Jerry Krause
    Understandable when .................architect of program and to end up ................ anymore, you understand the feeling..
    Last edited by analyzed; 05-06-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    what's the timeline for picking the coach? sorry if it was discussed here before
    Here is the thing it's not until July 2021 that you really need an excellent "in game" tactician ( that 's Asian level pa) , the current staff with Tab being very hands on to me are more than capable to put the foundation and continue developing in the interim.

Do note our best talent Kai, AJ and JC won't be avaialable to be coached not until 2022 the earliert.. So essentially any coach brought in will be coaching essentially the 2nd tier cadets ( Thirdy etc) for 2 straight years ( up to july 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    Unfortunately, The COVID-19 happens.. and if SBP finds already a foreign coach eh he needs to do a health protocols and under quarantine to come here.. Hence, we don't know when international flights will open again.. This pandemic are in not turn our favor...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Here is the thing it's not until July 2021 that you really need an excellent "in game" tactician ( that 's Asian level pa) , the current staff with Tab being very hands on to me are more than capable to put the foundation and continue developing in the interim.

Do note our best talent Kai, AJ and JC won't be avaialable to be coached not until 2022 the earliert.. So essentially any coach brought in will be coaching essentially the 2nd tier cadets ( Thirdy etc) for 2 straight years ( up to july 2022)
    Unfortunately, The COVID-19 happens.. and if SBP finds already a foreign coach eh he needs to do a health protocols and under quarantine to come here.. Hence, we don't know when international flights will open again.. This pandemic are in not turn our favor...

https://invidio.us/watch?v=AI2i7r-SJVs

Nice game. One of Castro's best. Hope we can find more players like him.

Guys 4 sikreto ni Michael Jordan sa Tagumpay animated video

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Well RDO was given Will Gozum, Brandon Bates, Kemark Carino and Ben Adamos to work with during the GOAT Academy. We’ll see how much more they improved.
    1 session won't do wonders lol, it needs to be constant in order to see results.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    chot said theres no need for foreign coach for gilas.

what do you guys think?

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...-a795-20200504
    We still need a foreign coach to show the ropes on how to win, how to make decisions faster and how to train our players for the international game. Now the criteria for the said coach should be, he should mentor and out Filipinos in his staff- ayo, alapag, Robinson, tiu etc. Shoe them the ropes on how it is done.

We cannot win with puso anymore. The international coaches have said it already. We need better skills in order to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    We still need a foreign coach to show the ropes on how to win, how to make decisions faster and how to train our players for the international game. Now the criteria for the said coach should be, he should mentor and out Filipinos in his staff- ayo, alapag, Robinson, tiu etc. Shoe them the ropes on how it is done.

We cannot win with puso anymore. The international coaches have said it already. We need better skills in order to be competitive.
    seems derick pumaren supports chot
    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...oy-gilas-coach
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Page 550 of 584 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560 ... LastLast