This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
    weird Gilas 7.0 na pala, yet we still don't have that concrete program, everything seems to reset ..
    Took a while for sbp to figure out that they need a program director separate from the actual coach.

Comment

• Too bad Manu_bol isn't tallying each version's win loss record anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        “What we expect to happen is this team will disband after the first window,” Baldwin said in an exclusive interview. “The PBA players will return to their mother teams to get back to work. The Gilas 7.0, for lack of a better term, which we had out of the draft, will begin full-time training. I could envision those training sessions to be twice-a-day, maybe three times a day or a couple of very long sessions, but they will be professionalized.”

According to Baldwin, these full-time players will enjoy training from different coaches and will be exposed more to international brand of play.

Alex Compton, former head coach of the Alaska Aces, who doesn’t have a full-time commitment until he got hired to assist Dickel, will be tasked to facilitate the training of these players here and overseas.

“We’re still looking to bring European coaches to give us that European flavor and to work with them (full-time Gilas players) full time. We also expect to send them overseas for intermittent periods to get professional training in professional settings from very highly-qualified coaches, some worked extensively with NBA players, others with some European coaching components and also we want build in and working on it now, a competitive component as well," added Baldwin.

"We’re planning to send them to Australia for an extended tour down there, for games, more than training. So it’s a full-time compliment of how you build basketball players and how you build your team. You train the hell out of them and you play games as much as you can."
        If this come in to fruition, SMC players would be irrelevant to the Gilas program...Question, are the Gilas Special draftees return to mother team also? As it stand, we have Go, Suerte, Bulanadi, Nieto Bros, Thirdy and Tungcab as fulltime players plus GDL bros on sabbatical and Thirdy who has no team yet and Dave who is residency, who are available... Thats 11 players already and Kioame then we have a team, we just lacked size in 4, but we have Rike and Santillan who are available after 3x3. Next year's PBA special draft, Gilas could select Baltazar, Ambohot, Carino, Paras and Oftana if they join the draft... Then just wait for our Hugots Clarkson, Kai, Edu and Martin... If Kuoame gets Exemption, and Clarkson classified as local we can have Jalen Green or Ron Harper Jr. as Naturailzed ineligible come 2023...

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
          Took a while for sbp to figure out that they need a program director separate from the actual coach.
          its not easy to create a program when the players are owned by schools and pba teams. program director is useless if there are no resource available and you have to beg each time. MVP had the vision to have a national team program-like in ateneo to feed the national team. this is why tab was put in place. you cant just snatch players from their schools.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Its like your typical company software, has reboot almost every two years max... 7.0 hahaha
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
              If this come in to fruition, SMC players would be irrelevant to the Gilas program...Question, are the Gilas Special draftees return to mother team also? As it stand, we have Go, Suerte, Bulanadi, Nieto Bros, Thirdy and Tungcab as fulltime players plus GDL bros on sabbatical and Thirdy who has no team yet and Dave who is residency, who are available... Thats 11 players already and Kioame then we have a team, we just lacked size in 4, but we have Rike and Santillan who are available after 3x3. Next year's PBA special draft, Gilas could select Baltazar, Ambohot, Carino, Paras and Oftana if they join the draft... Then just wait for our Hugots Clarkson, Kai, Edu and Martin... If Kuoame gets Exemption, and Clarkson classified as local we can have Jalen Green or Ron Harper Jr. as Naturailzed ineligible come 2023...
              if gilas release them then yes. thats the agreement as far as i know.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Here is CTB's philosophy:

"I don't believe in luck, I believe in hard work. I believe in God, though, and He didn't give me luck. Whether I like it or not, He will give me what I need."
                - Coach Tab Baldwin

"What is a team? Whether in sports or in work, people will give you the same definition - they will say that it's a group of people working together to achieve a common goal. But to me, this is what the word team means. A team is a 'reflection of culture'. Culture is a reflection of how well you can communicate and embody your vision and your objectives with one another as a collective whole. Culture is the key to a formidable team. And a great, solid culture will outlive and outperform talent."

The biggest challenge to winning is to not think about winning. You have to move your attention away from the bottomline and focus on the process which is difficult because obviously, that is how the rest of the world will judge you. "Let's face it, checks don't come from the process, they come from your win/loss record." They don't care about the hard work you put into achieving that result - they only care about the result. But YOU have to care about it. You have to look at your habits, decide which are detrimental to achieving your goals, then you can choose whether to change them or not. All of that is entirely up to how badly you want to improve yourself. This is why we work on fundamentals and why we push for repetition of the proper methods and strategies of doing things. If you do it enough times, you will be able to develop instinctively better decision-making skills which is actually one of the best forms of intelligence to have - whether in sports, in business, or in trading.

"Will you be the greatest? We don't know. In that same aspect, we try to live our lives as Jesus did and yet we know we will never become Jesus. But that doesn't mean we should stop trying."

"Our players are our product. You cannot rely solely on talent. You cannot have someone with too much built-in ability and very little acquired ability." A player with good character and less talent will eventually be more beneficial to a team than a player with a huge amount of talent but without the willingness to adjust or adapt to work well with others.

"Shed arrogance - stop thinking too much about your legacy. The moment we get carried away by results, that is when we start to lose."

Photo and text: Caylum Trading Institute

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  its not easy to create a program when the players are owned by schools and pba teams. program director is useless if there are no resource available and you have to beg each time. MVP had the vision to have a national team program-like in ateneo to feed the national team. this is why tab was put in place. you cant just snatch players from their schools.
                  I see the sourcing of the resources as part of the director’s scope of work. Non-issue at this point, but tab’s already been with ateneo since 2015 (?), this gilas program couldve started much earlier. Year 5 na sana tayo.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    Its like your typical company software, has reboot almost every two years max... 7.0 hahaha
                    This version looks promising tho—sustainable, works independently, and from the looks of it, will yield high-quality product din. From this version, baka minor changes na lang like personnel, philosophy, etc. We’ll see how pba will adjust/react/throw a fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                      if gilas release them then yes. thats the agreement as far as i know.
                      Mike Nieto who be released already, he has no role moving forward... I see some future for Suerte and Bulanadi, they can be insurance if CJ wont be available (not release by SMC) , Pogoy continue to regress or Dave not yet be ready.. Matt and JGGL are the defecto backup PG yo Kief, and are the chief PGs once Kief returns to PBA.. For next years Special draft, draft whoever is available, bigs like Balti, Ambohot and Carino...

Comment

This version looks promising tho—sustainable, works independently, and from the looks of it, will yield high-quality product din. From this version, baka minor changes na lang like personnel, philosophy, etc. We’ll see how pba will adjust/react/throw a fit.
                        Hahahahahaha...
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Hahahahahaha...
                          They started na diba with the “total ban” quote. May kasunod p yan for sure

Comment

• I hope CJ Perez wont be traded in any SMC team.Maybe Tnt could offer Parks
                            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              I hope CJ Perez wont be traded in any SMC team.Maybe Tnt could offer Parks
                              In a vacuum sir, parks is still a better prospect than cj. Cant fault tnt if they are trying to hold on to parks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                                I hope CJ Perez wont be traded in any SMC team.Maybe Tnt could offer Parks
                                I would not mind if TNT would trader Parks for Perez straight up and maybe one of MVP's team do a trade for Bolick from NP(another SMB farm team).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information