This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Oh noh! The demi gods of the PBA will surely be hurt by this, to say the least. Tab baldwin just committed a blasphemy
    Harlem Globetrotter wannabe..

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
      That blasphemy was committed 2 years ago, not recently. Tab actually talked about kai sotto again here and I don't think someone here can still claim that he was just taken out of context by the media there. Well, I'm just glad kai's camp didn't listen.
      Sorry! My bad, I thought it was something new.

Si analyzed naman kasi, nag post pa eh 2 years ago pa pala yun
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

d I don't think someone here can still claim that he was just taken out of context by the media there. Well, I'm just glad kai's camp didn't listen.
        You don't know what you're talking about, trust me. Especially when you're basing things on what the media reported and not from the mouth itself clarifying what he meant. Who in his right mind would trust the former (media report over the latter (explanation from Tab on what he meant), have you heard Tab's explanation? Of course not! So how can you know what you're talking about!
        Last edited by analyzed; 02-26-2020, 04:28 AM.
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          You don't know what you're talking about, trust me. Especially when you're basing things on what the media reported and not from the mouth itself clarifying what he meant. Who in his right mind would trust the former (media report over the latter (explanation from Tab on what he meant), have you heard Tab's explanation? Of course not! So how can you know what you're talking about!
          Hi Sir, would you know if there's any chance Greg Slaughter can join the full-time Gilas roster in the meantime? Or if it's been floated as a possibility at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by FITL View Post
            Hi Sir, would you know if there's any chance Greg Slaughter can join the full-time Gilas roster in the meantime? Or if it's been floated as a possibility at all?
            According to Mrs. Abueva, SOMEONE is even blocking Calvin from joining Gilas. So Greg just went against SMC, I don't think Chu--SMC will allow him.

Comment

Yes right, include him to the pool, ( I think Bulanadi, Dave and Pogoy compete for last wing spot)
              I hope Dave would end up a better shooter and defender than Pogoy.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                I hope Dave would end up a better shooter and defender than Pogoy.
                He will. Dave is a better scorer than pogoy now. Dave scored heavily aginst future nba players in fiba u16.
                Dont know about the defense though.

In terms of shooting, Dave cam surpass Pogoy easily when his time comes

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                  He will. Dave is a better scorer than pogoy now. Dave scored heavily aginst future nba players in fiba u16.
                  Dont know about the defense though.

In terms of shooting, Dave cam surpass Pogoy easily when his time comes
                  And Dave I. is about 2 inches taller than Pogoy, right?
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/t...e-wrong/124086

What I've been saying all these years at the expense of coming out as a hater and demeaning. It is what it is
                    "Having watched UAAP games, it’s more like a track meet than a basketball game sometimes" - LOL seems to sum up Philippine basketball. At least there is a ray of light with Tab and Ateneo at UAAP, in some way they are paving the way to change the culture at college basketball level. Meanwhile PBA is a lost cause.

My fantasy setup will be, SBP revives the Gilas 1 program (maybe with the help/sponsor of Chooks and MVP). Get 5 of the best college players today (offer them max PBA like contract), a naturalized player, and let them play/train in the ABL. (I think we only need a core of 5 to 6 players plus Aj and Kai when available). In this way, PBA can go on their insular ways while our national team doesn't suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                      That's a lot of young talent, Arakji can be at least top 5 PG in Asia in the future, and wow, Fadi's son at such a young age plays just like him in his prime? Will he suit up for Lebanon in this year's FIBA U16 or in the next one?

As someone else mentioned, the Philippines, Lebanon, and Japan can well be the future Big 3 of Asia if all things go well. So many future dark horse or legit championship contenders in Asia right now. Bahrain and Saudi just got a bit stronger than before, Qatar is weak now but can surprise everyone if their foreign-born locals develop.

What happened to Ahmad Ibrahim though? He was your main guy in 2015, but now he's no longer on your team. Why?
                      I think the son of El Khatib is still young for the next Fiba u16 maybe the next one.

Ahmad Ibrahim is a very good player but with a very low IQ plus a very bad behaviour. It's the type of player who can win you a game or at the same time lose you one.
                      Local coaches and foreign coaches tried but unfortunately he is not listening to anyone of them.
                      After all basketball is a team sport. You can be the most talented player but if you play alone, you will lose for sure.

Comment

• Ahmad ibrahim is alegit 6'6 6'7 giy who can score inside and outside in asian level.. mahusay
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

What media report are you talking about? I'm not sure if you can really call Eric Menk a mediaman. Besides, he wasn't merely relaying or reporting what tab said, he asked the latter to talk about kai and the latter spoke his mind and it was no different from how the media reported on it. Manong, it was on a podcast.
                          You just admitted the media reported on it (Kai) in your post, what other report could we be talking about? And the person (Tab) who the report was attributed to doesn't have the opportunity to correct and clarify the wrong impression reported? Shouldn't the corrected and clarified message, be what someone explains what he really means?
                          That's really one of the issues in the Philippines there is so much wrong information or impression, with how everything is inaccurately reported.
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Question: did I read reports right, and Dickel is pushing for just once a week training, even if the guys in the pool are full NT players?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                              Question: did I read reports right, and Dickel is pushing for just once a week training, even if the guys in the pool are full NT players?
                              He's just referring to the PBA players, this is a classic example of how a statement "reported" litterally will be taken "as is" (rightfully so). As a coach like Dickel doesn't have the opportunity to pick accurately all his words and is just simply speaking his mind in response to question, "how often will this team practice?
                              If given an opportunity to explain further, I'm sure he can clarify that the special draft players can practice more than once a week

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
                                I think the son of El Khatib is still young for the next Fiba u16 maybe the next one.

Ahmad Ibrahim is a very good player but with a very low IQ plus a very bad behaviour. It's the type of player who can win you a game or at the same time lose you one.
                                Local coaches and foreign coaches tried but unfortunately he is not listening to anyone of them.
                                After all basketball is a team sport. You can be the most talented player but if you play alone, you will lose for sure.
                                No offense sir. But my take about lebanon this last years are inconsistent.

There are times lebanon will be in the level of philippines/japan/taipei. But sometimes they are in the level of kazakhztan/Qatar.

But looking at your young players, looks like lebanon will also be a contender in fiba asia. Arguably top 5 or 6 not counting nz or aus.

Oh. Sad for Ibrahim, he must listen. Reminds me of our Kobe Paras

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information