This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
    sad to say but KP is the only one that we have. others are either not tall enough or not skilled enough.
    Lopez if he grow taller.

And maybe sage if all goes well. I post on lopez thread

Hope we can develop Papa and Demisana as a Swing Big Man

Comment

• Still no coach?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
        But Greg has something that Ange doesn’t: a Filipino mother. That’s one strike against Ange.
        Actually base on FIBA guidelines, Kouame get's a point for this as his guardians and who he is dependent on financially as a minor are Filipinos (Ateneo family), for Nth time it isn't blood that is the guideline for FiBA but other connections such as who is your guardian, where did you go to school and live etc etc
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
          Actually base on FIBA guidelines, Kouame get's a point for this as his guardians and who he is dependent on financially as a minor are Filipinos (Ateneo family), for Nth time it isn't blood that is the guideline for FiBA but other connections such as who is your guardian, where did you go to school and live etc etc
          Look at the 3rd criterion under Book 3, Article 21b of the FIBA rulebook:

- any other criteria capable of establishing a significant link between the player and the country, for the national team of which he wishes to play.

Doesn’t having a parent from the country the player wishes to represent constitute a “significant link?” I can’t accept that this wasn’t one of the criteria used to grant Slaughter an exemption. Not the ONLY criteria, mind you, but one of them.

I’m not saying that Ange doesn’t have a chance for an exemption. He most likely does. But Slaughter fulfilled all the criteria needed for an exemption similarly to Ange. PLUS he had the benefit of a Filipino parent.

FIBA saying blood isn’t important is like a woman who insists that looks aren’t important in finding a husband, she just wants someone kind, supporting, and who is successful enough to provide for her and her future children.
          Well, given two men who fulfill all her criteria, but one of them is good-looking to boot, while the other one isn’t, which one would she pick?
          Last edited by k3ttch; 06-05-2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
            Look at the 3rd criterion under Book 3, Article 21b of the FIBA rulebook:

- any other criteria capable of establishing a significant link between the player and the country, for the national team of which he wishes to play.

Doesn’t having a parent from the country the player wishes to represent constitute a “significant link?” I can’t accept that this wasn’t one of the criteria used to grant Slaughter an exemption. Not the ONLY criteria, mind you, but one of them.

I’m not saying that Ange doesn’t have a chance for an exemption. He most likely does. But Slaughter fulfilled all the criteria needed for an exemption similarly to Ange. PLUS he had the benefit of a Filipino parent.
            But to qualify it's a guardian or parent who is Filipino ( in Kouame's case that's his Ateneo foster family) , it is not necessary that the parent (mother) has to have a blood relationship with the player. Blood relationship is not one of the criteria for FIBA, parental/ guardian link is , local parental guardian is what matters not blood. and of course citizenship is another signficant link ( which in the Phil just happens to be base on blood, but how you acquired citizenship isn't what matters )
            Last edited by analyzed; 06-05-2020, 10:20 AM.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
              Their constitution is different than us.. they can give passports to them in just 2-3 days.. while us is different.. I can't remember what is called but it already post here before.. migration here in the Philippines is more harder than other countries..
              the argument was bloodline. once kouame becomes naturalized same as those bosnian kids then it wouldnt be any different. wel main difference is that they had been naturalized before 16 so that might become an issue.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

And if you read FIBAs letter for reason exception, and the guidelines the connection to a Filipino mother wasn't highlighted as a major reason (obviously though that is how he got a passport)

But rather sec gen highlighted the following consistent with the guidelines and the principle of the U16 rule. - we note Greg moved to the Philippines, 17 yrs old lived, studied and played xxx years from the age off xxx (minor), that's the main basis, it's consistent
                Still Greg was entitled for a Filipino citizenship because of Jus Sanguines while Angelo will become a Filipino citizen through naturalization maybe at age 21 or 22.
                Last edited by tomcat; 06-05-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Kouame is not 100% sure to be exempted.

But there will be no waste if we will just try. (walang mawawala kung susubukan)

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                    Still Greg was entitled for a Filipino citizenship because of Jus Sanguines while Angelo will become a Filipino citizen through naturalization maybe at age 21 or 22.
                    Note though (I checked this already) it's not the issue date of the passport that matters but when the date of intention to start application to process naturalization. In Kouame's case it is date stamped at 16 years old!

Comment

Note though (I checked this already) it's not the issue date of the passport that matters but when the date of intention to start application to process naturalization. In Kouame's case it is date stamped at 16 years old!
                      Are you saying that Kouame's declaration of intention to acquire philippine citizenship by naturalization when ha was 16 years old? How old was Angelo when he arrived here in Philippines?
                      Last edited by tomcat; 06-06-2020, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                        Are you saying that Kouame's declaration of intention to acquire philippine citizenship by naturalization when ha was 16 years old? How old was Angelo when he arrived here in Philippines?
                        Yes and he arrived in the Philippines around 16.
                        The declaration of intention boosted by adopting the country as place of residence is what matters. This is the advise given by FIBA

Comment

• Remember if Kouame is exempted for the windows we can have a C and PF frontline of Kouame and Standhardinger (Feb window pool member). Now that's an upgrade!

Comment

Remember if Kouame is exempted for the windows we can have a C and PF frontline of Kouame and Standhardinger (Feb window pool member). Now that's an upgrade!
                            Yeah. Hope Kouame sure does get an exemption.

And if it will be successful. We can use that strategy in exempting our collegiate league imports which have the same case as Kouame in the future

Comment

• @robert0326

You what concerns me?

PBA season resumes by around September (most likely close door games) while SBP doing nothing about National team preparation/training. Kung saan malapit na ang competition/games, saka pa lang gagalaw, eh huli na. I say SBP should already be looking forward to the steps that they have to make regarding the possible resumption of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers. As you have pointed out, other Asian countries are now starting to resume team practices or even start their sporting events.

Since the PBA is now talking about the possible resumption of its 2020 season, I think SBP should also be thinking about resuming the practices/preparation of the National team. It won't be bad considering the possibility of Gilas resuming its practices/training starting August or September. We have to remember, Gilas has to play Thailand in the 1st window which was postponed last February becoz of the pandemic.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                Yeah. Hope Kouame sure does get an exemption.

And if it will be successful. We can use that strategy in exempting our collegiate league imports which have the same case as Kouame in the future
                                Actually it's no different from Spain bringing African teenagers to club systems, with the hope that if they become good they can potentially represent Spain as locals

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information