Page 500 of 532 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10631

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    All of this makes me a little pity (on Gilas snubs lang) on Terrence. Guy was supposed to be the next in line on taking the torch from Castro, perhaps the face of Gilas. We would still be set on the guard position because internationally, Terrence would never let himself be outplayed by his matchup/opposition so one less position we would be worrying about every game. How I wish he did not burned bridges with the MVP camp. Sayang.
    Terrence the next Castro? In popularity yes, but in Gilas contribution, definitely not
    I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Tokyo is the last stop for an enormous amount of Australian players. A lot of players involved in the Asian cup qualifiers are near retirement and new youth, not including nba talent/prospects are coming through the nbl and pushing many out of the old Asia cup squad.
    The boomers will be a completely different team in 2021, possibly half to 2/3s of the roster will be changed out.
    NZ will be the veteran squad when the next tournament comes around, Mainly all at there peak, late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Terrence the next Castro? In popularity yes, but in Gilas contribution, definitely not
    The problem with terrence is his style of play. He dribbles a lot,and make his teammates worse. He is not a good playmaker. Shooting guard is his play, but he is too small, and not as good as a defender as castro.

He is also a volume shooter. In fiba, you will need efficient shooters than volume shooters. His confidence is good but not enough to overcome the difficulties he is having in fiba. Dont be blind by his higjlights, if you focus on him, you can see
    That he is the most inefficient in gilas.

That being said, if you must include TR7 in your team, pair him up with a tall PG like his Mimgming brother BRP.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    That being said, if you must include TR7 in your team, pair him up with a tall PG like his Mimgming brother BRP.
    I think we should move on from Terrence Romeo.. I also like him to be part of national team but he has also shared of boo-boos from him and being said eh we already seen the last of Terrence Romeo in gilas jersey.. one thing that Terrence learned from this.. he should not being ruined from his emotions.. he should control it.. being popular is not helping his cause.. in Tagalog eh "lumaki Ang ulo nya".. he should look at junmar's attitude.. being humble even he gets all of his achievements..

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Then no choice for him, but to be a naturalize player. All countries are also affected by the hagop rule like jeremy lin on taipei team
    Just based on FIBA rules, if Kouame gets his passport soon he actually has a bigger chance of playing as a local than Clarkson, this blood thing has no relevance as the rule is currently set up.
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-13-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Just based on FIBA rules, if Kouame gets his passport soon he actually has a bigger chance of playing as a local than Clarkson, this blood thing has no relevance as the rule is set
    Who filed the bill to naturalized Kouame?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Who filed the bill to naturalized Kouame?
    he can personally apply to be naturalized filipino when he'll turn 21 then wait for it to be approved by congress but having a sponsor could fasten the process.
    the important thing is that his intention to be a filipino was done earlier like he's 16/17 yr old and have spent his developmental years as a basketball player here in the ph to avail of a fiba exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Just based on FIBA rules, if Kouame gets his passport soon he actually has a bigger chance of playing as a local than Clarkson, this blood thing has no relevance as the rule is currently set up.
    Kouame? Not bad. His inside presence will be a good asset. We need a backup for Kai and Aj. Kouame can replace junmar spot in 2027.
    So Uaap Imports with totally no filipino blood has higher chance to be a local than ither fil foreign players.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    he can personally apply to be naturalized filipino when he'll turn 21 then wait for it to be approved by congress but having a sponsor could fasten the process.
    the important thing is that his intention to be a filipino was done earlier like he's 16/17 yr old and have spent his developmental years as a basketball player here in the ph to avail of a fiba exemption.
    Where will he file the application? Congress? lol. Congressional naturalization can take only weeks if Congress is in session, applicant has backers, and the President signs the bill. It's totally different from administrative naturalization, which is a judicial proceeding open only to long-time residents.
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Kouame? Not bad. His inside presence will be a good asset. We need a backup for Kai and Aj. Kouame can replace junmar spot in 2027.
    So Uaap Imports with totally no filipino blood has higher chance to be a local than ither fil foreign players.
    no they have to undergo the same lengthy method.There are pros and cons though.One of it is that the African imports will be cheaper than most American G-League/NBA experienced import.Although the skill set will surely have a reasonable difference.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    no they have to undergo the same lengthy method.There are pros and cons though.One of it is that the African imports will be cheaper than most American G-League/NBA experienced import.Although the skill set will surely have a reasonable difference.
    Well African Imports is not bad. Maybe we can se a giannis type of player in africa. If I will pick an import in africa, I will choose among Nigeria.
    Nigeria is the best african team. And if Im not mistaken giannis is nigerian.

Well African Imports is not bad. Maybe we can se a giannis type of player in africa. If I will pick an import in africa, I will choose among Nigeria.
    Nigeria is the best african team. And if Im not mistaken giannis is nigerian.
    LOL tell that to 11-time African champs Angola, 3-time African champs Senegal, and 2-time champs Tunisia
    -Arrigo Sacchi

LOL tell that to 11-time African champs Angola, 3-time African champs Senegal, and 2-time champs Tunisia
    I dont care about the past. Currently, Nigeria is better. Senegal and Angola is only on yeng guiao gilas level.

But yeah tunisia can be debated. But I think Nigeria is a little bit better than them currently.

Where will he file the application? Congress? lol. Congressional naturalization can take only weeks if Congress is in session, applicant has backers, and the President signs the bill. It's totally different from administrative naturalization, which is a judicial proceeding open only to long-time residents.
    agree , kouame is a long time resident plus he intend to be a naturalized way back when he was like 16-17 yrs old but since you can only apply at the age of 21 , the time of his intention to be naturalized would be very important to ask for an exemption from fiba.

and like what you said and also mention in my post earlier it would be much faster if he had a sponsor for his naturalization.

What do you think guys about what must our playstyle be like?

Will we be more Big Man Focus Now with Kai and Aj and Junmar. We lack shooters so we cannot adopt gsw system. Our guards is still our
    strength during the whole decade. Is it now the time to change it and be like Iran who's offense is in Hadadi.?

I know we want european style. But the problem is we dont have a bigman who is a deadshot shooter. So maybe european style with
    Kai and Aj and Junmar as the first options will do.

agree , kouame is a long time resident plus he intend to be a naturalized way back when he was like 16-17 yrs old but since you can only apply at the age of 21 , the time of his intention to be naturalized would be very important to ask for an exemption from fiba.

and like what you said and also mention in my post earlier it would be much faster if he had a sponsor for his naturalization.
    There would be a time where Kai is the only full blooded pinoy in the lineup. But it is not a problem. As long as they are proud to be a filipino, and willing to play for us.

Pardon my ignorance, how the hell can Koame be considered a local Filipino in FIBA? Just by having the intentions of being a filipino for a long time and by being a naturalize citizen (long time resident also). But seriously how? Could he be the same path as Thon maker for the Aussies?

Does that mean. If ever Koame (naturalize turned into local) and e.g. Chris McCollough (our naturalize). Could they be both fielded in a 12 man lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, how the hell can Koame be considered a local Filipino in FIBA? Just by having the intentions of being a filipino for a long time and by being a naturalize citizen (long time resident also). But seriously how? Could he be the same path as Thon maker for the Aussies?

Does that mean. If ever Koame (naturalize turned into local) and e.g. Chris McCollough (our naturalize). Could they be both fielded in a 12 man lineup?
    kouame situation was a long shot but a more feasible than jc situation. as we all know fiba have some exemption rules for a player to play as a local.
    one of them was proof that you have spent a lot of your development years as a basketbal player in the country that you would like to represent. secondly he need to have a passport of that country , which kouame does'nt have yet since our laws prohibits that , you can only apply for a naturalization if you are 21 yrs old. here's the catch if kouame can produce a document that tells that he did intently express his desire to get a passport at a younger age then sbp could ask for an exemption from fiba.
    as i said this is a long shot and might not be relevant now with the arrival of our future bigs kai ,aj etc.

jmc

kouame situation was a long shot but a more feasible than jc situation. as we all know fiba have some exemption rules for a player to play as a local.
    one of them was proof that you have spent a lot of your development years as a basketbal player in the country that you would like to represent. secondly he need to have a passport of that country , which kouame does'nt have yet since our laws prohibits that , you can only apply for a naturalization if you are 21 yrs old. here's the catch if kouame can produce a document that tells that he did intently express his desire to get a passport at a younger age then sbp could ask for an exemption from fiba.
    as i said this is a long shot and might not be relevant now with the arrival of our future bigs kai ,aj etc.

jmc
    Kouame would be a nice addition. But he is not a priority now. The priority now is to chose the right coach and the right naturalize players. Yes palyers. We need more than 1 naturalized player. There are so much can happen in 3 years. (Now that calamities is attacking us).

And I will still prefer a fil-foreign player to granted exemption. Because he is a filipino. Kouame doesn't have filipino blood. It is unfair to filipinos. Thats why Benjie paras is angry about filshams like menk and asi.

Anyway, if for example allen durhams son was born here and stay here from birth to 18 years old. Then it is deserving of an exemption.

Kouame plays on for few years in the phil. So fiba surely will not allow it.

But its a luxury for gilas to have him as a local person. I hope he gets an exemption. Ooops I contradict myself.lol

All the best for gilas

Page 500 of 532 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast