Page 488 of 538 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 10755

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

The only fear is that if Iran and China decides to tap a naturalized Nba Caliber player. Iran can do this to replace Hadaddi, Imagine an Iran Team with Mcgee( There is time where he is open to be a naturalized of an asian team)

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    The only fear is that if Iran and China decides to tap a naturalized Nba Caliber player. Iran can do this to replace Hadaddi, Imagine an Iran Team with Mcgee( There is time where he is open to be a naturalized of an asian team)
    they’re too pride to do that..

I don't think the replacement of Irans can fulfill the Kamrani bahrami hadaddi trio easily. These 3 ate nba caliber players. Can't say that with jamshidi,sahakian, garduce, etc. Hadaddi is a very big loss, they are very vulnerable without him. Iran losing hadaddi is like Gilas losing Blatche, Korea losing Ratliffe, or Japan losing Hachimura. Yes you saw what I did, Haddadi is like the import of Iran!.

Yes, They have Tall players but not as talented and dominant as Haddadi Garduce and Geramipoor arr not even 1/4 of Hamed Haddadi's talent.
    Their guard will not as good as kamrani, and as of now there is no new bahrami, jamshidi is miles away.

In short, their new guys is not better than their old players. Unlike Gilas, our new players are better. Sotto,Edu, Clarkson, Martin,Panopio ate greater than. Junmar, Japeth, Gabe, Kiefer, and Pogoy.
    I think Behnam Yakhchali has some potential to be as good as Samad Bahrami when he reaches his peak.

But I don't see anyone in the current Iran National team becoming Hadadi's heir apparent. Hadadi is a vital component of the team both offensively & defensively.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Hope they maintain that pride
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Isn't Aaron Geramipoor considered a naturalized player? Or did he get his Iran passport as a kid growing up in England?
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Japan still lives and dies with Rui and Yuta, their local talent isn't up to par yet. also don't underestimate Iran w/o Haddadi, their new bigs are not as dominant as him but they are still reliable. their new core of Kazemi,Jamshidi,Yakhchali,Arghavan is just as good as Kamrani,Bahrami,Haddadi
    I'm not underestimating iran. I just see Iran more beatable without Hadadi than when during the Hadadi-era Iran National team.

I believe Iran would still be among the top 7 teams in Asia-Pacific basketball in the post-Hadadi era.

Right now, Korea is better than Iran and maybe China. Gilas have Blatche, Japan has hachimura, China has yi jianlian, jordan has wright/dougles, lebanon has elkhatib. These are the main man of ecah team in the last 10 years 2010-2019. What about Korea? They don't even have a player that as fame as mentioned above. Yet they are very competitive. With Ratliffe, they got their main man. Ratliffe surrounded by shooters is tough.

Not including Australia, Korea is the strongest team by now. They beat New Zealand Twice. Iran always beat Korea because Korea cannot contain Haddadi, it's not the case now.

Japan(If their Nba players playing)( they even beat Australia)
    Korea
    Philippines
    China
    Japan(if there are no nba players)
    Iran
    Lebanon(They almost qualified instead of us)
    Jordan/Taipei( Depends on their lineup)
    Qatar
    Kazakhztan

I'm not including australia and Nz , they don'y belong to asia.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    In other sports, I think they are not that strong.. even they will be included eh still China, Korea and Japan are still vying for that olympic events likes of swimming and athletics.. Heck, China is a world superpower in comes to that category so that including them will still baseless!!!
    Athletics and swimming have specific metrics (record time, height, length etc) there is no subjectivity. Look at the Australian and New Zealand records for your self, there is no subjectivity.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

I believe that Kai Sotto & AJ Edu's entry to the Philippine National senior's team will be unprecedented. Never before did Phi basketball have two good size bigs who are both good shot blockers & rim protectors. I believe that Kai & Edu's presence creates more impact on the defensive side than it does on the offensive side. For the fist time, we'll have a center that isn't undersized, and in fact Kai Sotto is going to outsize most opposing centers in Asian basketball. Edu, on the other hand, playing center (he can alternate at the 4 & 5 spots with ease) would enjoy significant advantage in quickness & mobility.

The type of players we used to have headaches dealing with, because such players were on the opposing side, are now on our side. Not only will we be able to deal with playing against tall/big teams like China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, we will also be able to solve the Korean puzzle. We will also be able to find ways defending a quick & streak outside shooting team like Korea who has given us headaches & heartaches for decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I believe that Kai Sotto & AJ Edu's entry to the Philippine National senior's team will be unprecedented. Never before did Phi basketball have two good size bigs who are both good shot blockers & rim protectors. I believe that Kai & Edu's presence creates more impact on the defensive side than it does on the offensive side. For the fist time, we'll have a center that isn't undersized, and in fact Kai Sotto is going to outsize most opposing centers in Asian basketball. Edu, on the other hand, playing center (he can alternate at the 4 & 5 spots with ease) would enjoy significant advantage in quickness & mobility.

The type of players we used to have headaches dealing with, because such players were on the opposing side, are now on our side. Not only will we be able to deal with playing against tall/big teams like China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, we will also be able to solve the Korean puzzle. We will also be able to find ways defending a quick & streak outside shooting team like Korea who has given us headaches & heartaches for decades now.
    Edu can also guard 3s if needed .

I think our problem in dealing with the Korean game is our lack of dependable rim protector. Everytime a Korean player drives or penetrates, our guards & wing defenders had to collapse & thus leaving those Korean shooters wide open in the wings or at the top of the key. I think things would be different if we will have good rim protectors & shot blockers. Our guards & wing defenders would just stay in front of their men in the perimeter & would just let Kai or Edu deal with those slashers/penetrators.

Having a rim protector and big man who switches well in pick and role in AJ is so true. Life becomes so much easier for rest, our defense can be ultra aggressive in closing out and defending the 3pt line with a defender like AJ ready to protect rim when beat

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post

Indeed. With Kai and Aj our defense inside is the best. Better than any asian teams.

In offense, we need a playmaking point guard(panopio), and a lot of consistent outside shooters to surround the two big men. The two will be vlog inside for sure.

We have franchise players in Edu and Sotto, we just need to built around them. And we will be a powerhouse in Asia. Jordan Clarkson will be the best complementary naturalized player for our team

I think the meticulous and the righteous, ehem! SBP, should put a question on the eligibility of this fellow Geramipoor for FIBA sanctioned tourneys. Iran might be trying out Harry’s cloak to legitimize this half-blooded Iranian and if the dumb and stupid become majority in Asia Oceania and decides to support with a blind eye this development, then Hagop prevails again...this time with reversed roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    I think the meticulous and the righteous, ehem! SBP, should put a question on the eligibility of this fellow Geramipoor for FIBA sanctioned tourneys. Iran might be trying out Harry’s cloak to legitimize this half-blooded Iranian and if the dumb and stupid become majority in Asia Oceania and decides to support with a blind eye this development, then Hagop prevails again...this time with reversed roles.
    Iran don't have any naturalized player. They will jist make him naturalized if that's the case. Hate to admit it, but unlike us, Iran and China eas able to becaame competitive without Imports.

But I agree to your suggestion in order for fiba to review their rulea. Chinese Taipei is also against that rule because jeremy lin can't play with them. While MAKER can play fir Australia and Giannis Can play for Greece.

Fiba is so bias.

Iran don't have any naturalized player. They will jist make him naturalized if that's the case. Hate to admit it, but unlike us, Iran and China eas able to becaame competitive without Imports.

But I agree to your suggestion in order for fiba to review their rulea. Chinese Taipei is also against that rule because jeremy lin can't play with them. While MAKER can play fir Australia and Giannis Can play for Greece.

Fiba is so bias.
    No, Antetokounmpo was born in Greece while Maker emmigrated from Sudan to Australia at age 6. They grew up and learned to play basketball in the countries they represent and have little to no connection to Nigeria or Sudan other than their names and the color of their skin.

i heard only select sports that australia and new zealand will participate in asian games.. for team sports (basketball, football and probably volleyball)

cricket? lol it will take a while to finish a tournament and not all countries in asia has cricket field..
    Australia and New Zealand's participation is limited only to Indoor Volleyball, Beach Vollleyball, Basketball, Football and Fencing

Cricket will be back at the Asiad after it was not included in 2018

https://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/aus...es-team-events

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    No, Antetokounmpo was born in Greece while Maker emmigrated from Sudan to Australia at age 6. They grew up and learned to play basketball in the countries they represent and have little to no connection to Nigeria or Sudan other than their names and the color of their skin.
    So if you are born and raise in a country, you can play for the national team? Ex. Durham's son was born here, s o he is eligible to play for future gilas(assuming he is raised here)

Oh I see. Like Slaughter. They are given exemption.

For me, they are still naturalized players. They don't have bloodline of their representing country.

A Lion raised and born in the house of an elephant is still a Lion. An elephant playing with other lions is still an elephant.

So, Fiba is like saying the lion has more rights to represent the elephant family than the original elephant.

So if you are born and raise in a country, you can play for the national team? Ex. Durham's son was born here, s o he is eligible to play for future gilas(assuming he is raised here)

Oh I see. Like Slaughter. They are given exemption.

For me, they are still naturalized players. They don't have bloodline of their representing country.

A Lion raised and born in the house of an elephant is still a Lion. An elephant playing with other lions is still an elephant.

So, Fiba is like saying the lion has more rights to represent the elephant family than the original elephant.
    By your logic the Australian team should be all Aborigines and the New Zealand team should be all Maori. And the Philippine team should be all Aeta. Jeff Chan, Paul Lee and Isaac Go should be playing for China.

Also by your logic Lebron James should be playing for whatever African country his ancestors came from.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    By your logic the Australian team should be all Aborigines and the New Zealand team should be all Maori. And the Philippine team should be all Aeta. Jeff Chan, Paul Lee and Isaac Go should be playing for China.

Also by your logic Lebron James should be playing for whatever African country his ancestors came from.
    No. I think with his logic that is with relevance to our position with FIBA is that... If you’re a lion born and raised with elephants, you therefore should also be allowed to represent lions if you ever so choose to do so as well as the FIBA decreed or mandated to only be allowed to represent elephants if at 16 years as a lion, you’ve not established any other choice for representation other than with elephants.

Page 488 of 538 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast