Page 544 of 560 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 11192

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

And talking about shooters, I want to see the mettle of this guy in a higher level competition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUfIZbbYjzg

Bulanadi's stats in the MPBL is indeed eye-popping. But we all know the level of competition in the MPBL isn't that high, far from being high. I want to see how Bulanadi would fare in the higher level competition.

Posters are right, Bulanadi seems a more athletic version of Jeff Chan
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    To add, I think RDO's IQ and footwork are way ahead of Troy's. Though Troy is more athletic.
    RDO is also quite good with "gulang". He was able to get a "revenge elbow" on that Kuwaiti who hit him in the balls and not even the commentators saw it. Haha

Speaking of shooters

https://youtu.be/42bqhvEfIR8

With the games of the PBA, PBA D-league suspended indefinitely & it looks like the games would not resume any sooner with Covid-19 threat not expected to go away any sooner (unfortunately), what if we take this opportunity to give our National team some practices/scrimmages? I understand, PBA teams are barred from conducting practices/scrimmages in the next 2 weeks as part of precaution against the Covid-19 threat, but I think after that 2-week period, PBA teams would resume their routine practices & scrimmages. So what if our National team also conducts a twice-a-week practice sessions?

I think it would not hurt the PBA teams if their National players join the National team practices/scrimmages twice a week while the PBA games are still suspended. The thing is, we don't know when will this Covid-19 scare would cease, so for the meantime while PBA games are suspended, our National team can conduct even a twice a week practices. For instance if the PBA will be able to resume its games in August, and we give the National team a twice-a-week practices, then our National team will have at least 32 practice sessions by August. Imagine how valuable that 32 practice sessions for our National team.

I think we just need to be creative & take advantage of any opportunity that present circumstances present. Nobody wants this Covid-19 scare to happen as it has really brought drastic negative effects on our everyday lives, but we have no choice but to make drastic precautionary measures. But if said precautionary measures open up some opportunities, then we should be creative & alert enough to take advantage of it/them.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    With the games of the PBA, PBA D-league suspended indefinitely & it looks like the games would not resume any sooner with Covid-19 threat not expected to go away any sooner (unfortunately), what if we take this opportunity to give our National team some practices/scrimmages? I understand, PBA teams are barred from conducting practices/scrimmages in the next 2 weeks as part of precaution against the Covid-19 threat, but I think after that 2-week period, PBA teams would resume their routine practices & scrimmages. So what if our National team also conducts a twice-a-week practice sessions?

I think it would not hurt the PBA teams if their National players join the National team practices/scrimmages twice a week while the PBA games are still suspended. The thing is, we don't know when will this Covid-19 scare would cease, so for the meantime while PBA games are suspended, our National team can conduct even a twice a week practices. For instance if the PBA will be able to resume its games in August, and we give the National team a twice-a-week practices, then our National team will have at least 32 practice sessions by August. Imagine how valuable that 32 practice sessions for our National team.

I think we just need to be creative & take advantage of any opportunity that present circumstances present. Nobody wants this Covid-19 scare to happen as it has really brought drastic negative effects on our everyday lives, but we have no choice but to make drastic precautionary measures. But if said precautionary measures open up some opportunities, then we should be creative & alert enough to take advantage of it/them.
    I am sorry but this defeats the purpose of the quarantine we have.. I don't know with you guys but only if the situation is very cirtically important can people roam around.. and at this point, FIBA related activites (national team practices, etc..) are not important..

some may not agree with my view but it is what it is.. there is a purpose for our Metro Manila quarantine.. national team practices are not even close to important..

besides, PBA has ordered a 2 week practice ban.. that means something..

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    I am sorry but this defeats the purpose of the quarantine we have.. I don't know with you guys but only if the situation is very cirtically important can people roam around.. and at this point, FIBA related activites (national team practices, etc..) are not important..

some may not agree with my view but it is what it is.. there is a purpose for our Metro Manila quarantine.. national team practices are not even close to important..

besides, PBA has ordered a 2 week practice ban.. that means something..
    That's precisely my point, PBA ordered "only" a 2-week no practice/scrimmage rule. What's the difference between San Miguel or Ginebra resuming its team practices 2 weeks from now & our National team conducting its practices 2 weeks from now?

No argument with you bro, we really need drastic precautionary measures to avoid the further spread of this decease. And your very correct, the National team readiness is much less important compared to the safety & health of the populace at this trying times.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 03-16-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Given that FIBA actually suspended all games, I don't think it matters at the moment if Gilas and PBA gets to practice.

And with how things are going, this is going to last for months. Just look at how bad it is in powerhouse countries like Italy and Spain.

My Covid quarantine rosterbation, because there's nothing to do:

PG: Martin/Panopio/Ravena
    SG: Ramos/Perez
    SF: McCullough/Paras/Tamayo
    PF: Edu/Aguilar
    C: Sotto/Fajardo

I highly doubt Clarkson will be eligible after years of chasing him for FIBA 2023. If Kouame is available, switch Fajardo with him.

After that gruesome Injury, I honestly don't think Fajardo is going to be effective in future international competition. He was already struggling defending even before the injury, what's more that he's much older and banged up.
    Last edited by B L A C K S U N; 03-26-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    After that gruesome Injury, I honestly don't think Fajardo is going to be effective in future international competition. He was already struggling defending even before the injury, what's more that he's much older and banged up.
    Time for Kai to get some FIBA senior exposure? Hope it matches with his schedule. Kai is one upgrade we need for the next match. I believe the kid is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Time for Kai to get some FIBA senior exposure? Hope it matches with his schedule. Kai is one upgrade we need for the next match. I believe the kid is ready.
    I agree, Kai can already match up with any of the local Korean bigs. But we will need someone else to match up with Ratcliffe and since jubmar is injured, use stanhardinger at the NP spot
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

I think AJ Edu is the best defensive newcomer for Gilas.

One thing the covid crisis could produce is that Fiba might no longer give undue preference to China when it comes to event hosting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking of playing in China , in this time of lockdown/quarantine you end up watching FIBA replays (last night they were showing the finals of the 2015 FIba asia Gilas vs china- I was actually surprise that our Gilas team was actually competitive (game was close to 1st half) - and the cohesion was good ( definitely better than the 2019 WC team) - Wow time flies that’s 5 years ago na.. Castro, Ping, Ranidel & younger Gabe make a huge difference (especially from a team perspective – not necessarily talent) . A few months before FIBA Asia , I brought a team to Manila (NZ Saints) to give Gilas , tune up games (MVP cup) . If you told me 5 years ago , that in 2020 – my 13 year old son (in 2015) would end up playing for the Coach of Gilas ( Tab) in Ateneo ) , practice with Gilas ( yes the special draft players (and thirdy etc) were practicing with a few select Ateneo players prior to lockdown.. then on return home ( NZ) he ends up training with the Saints . (BTW the Saints coaching staff were surprise at how much my son has improved in 3 months with Ateneo ( Kudos to ateneo development and their coaches) , I would say that’s a lie..
    You have to excuse me if in this time of Covid , that my mind has just been thinking of the pass and hoping we get back to normal and continue things.. Sana naman meron pang UAAP season in 2020 and at least the November Gilas windows happen as well as FIbA Asia U18 , (kahit early next year) – Please Lord .. give our boys a chance to play !

another dream game to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0UF...tpXCZ0G8oCUo8g
    Last edited by analyzed; 03-29-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Ratliffe is the biggest problem when we meet Korea next. In the Asian games, Erram was too light, Asi too slow. Japeth will have the same problem as Erram. JMF if not injured will have the same problem as Asi. Double teaming will be a problem as this is a Korean team learning their lesson from that close win vs Thailand. CS is the cosest we can get the play 1v1 D against Ratliffe.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Ratliffe is the biggest problem when we meet Korea next. In the Asian games, Erram was too light, Asi too slow. Japeth will have the same problem as Erram. JMF if not injured will have the same problem as Asi. Double teaming will be a problem as this is a Korean team learning their lesson from that close win vs Thailand. CS is the cosest we can get the play 1v1 D against Ratliffe.
    Let Ratliffe get his numbers. Mapapagod din sya. Just lockdown the other 4 shooters. That is how you beat SMB with jmf, same case with korea.

Besides Edu and Kai(if available) is capable limiting him. If Kai cannot contain ratliffe, then he will not be nba ready.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    If Kai cannot contain ratliffe, then he will not be nba ready.
    That sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Let Ratliffe get his numbers. Mapapagod din sya. Just lockdown the other 4 shooters. That is how you beat SMB with jmf, same case with korea.

Besides Edu and Kai(if available) is capable limiting him. If Kai cannot contain ratliffe, then he will not be nba ready.
    Do you think Zhou qi at age 18 can guard junmar at the post? He may not even be able to stop a healthy junmar today. But he made it to the NBA. Kai isnt going to the NBA this year and if he enters the draft as early as next year, he'll be drafted based on potential. Let's be honest, Ratcliffe will be too strong for Kai right now. We're talking about a fullgrown big man whose game is based on body strength vs a 17 year old kid here. Pretty sure 18 year old Porzingis also won't match well with present Ratcliffe
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

- lurklurk

It is difficult to guard Ratcliffe as of now,Standhardinger and Junemar are the best defender for him,Kai and Aj I think would be eaten alive by Ratcliffe on the post because of body strength and inexperience playing with more skillful center,but we can use AJ Edu as back up for Stan and Junemar.

Quote Originally Posted by allan_373 View Post
    It is difficult to guard Ratcliffe as of now,Standhardinger and Junemar are the best defender for him,Kai and Aj I think would be eaten alive by Ratcliffe on the post because of body strength and inexperience playing with more skillful center,but we can use AJ Edu as back up for Stan and Junemar.
    Stanhardinger will probably be the matchup since junmar is injured. Kai and AJ both have the mobility to play 4 and provide help defense. On the offensive side, I see no problem, Kai can draw Ricardo away from the shaded lane and open up the lane for our slashers.

- lurklurk

Page 544 of 560 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554 ... LastLast