X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I like this set-up

For as long Tab has a hand on the National team, I'm confident everything will turn out just fine.
    its the perfect setup in my opinion. tab now knows what will work in ph hoops. so his inputs are very well valuable.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      its the perfect setup in my opinion. tab now knows what will work in ph hoops. so his inputs are very well valuable.
      Like Tab Baldwin telling the next Gilas coach what to say & what not to say regarding Phi basketball, the PBA, this player, that player, etc.

"Don't say things like 'player A may be the most valuable & most dominant player in the PBA, but he is just another big man in international basketball', otherwise you will get kick in the butts & be ridiculed by Pinoy fans. So better bite your tongue"
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Like Tab Baldwin telling the next Gilas coach what to say & what not to say regarding Phi basketball, the PBA, this player, that player, etc.

"Don't say things like 'player A may be the most valuable & most dominant player in the PBA, but he is just another big man in international basketball', otherwise you will get kick in the butts & be ridiculed by Pinoy fans. So better bite your tongue"
        lol. true. thats the problem of pinoy passionate fans. konting criticism ayun para nang tumae nang bubog. sheesh.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Well think about it if Tab was the official head coach and wala si Junmar sa pool, patay na! Media disaster yun
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Paano na yun if the coaching staff assessment is the best big man combo is Japeth and Standhardinger, (does not include MVP Junmar), patay!
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              Well think about it if Tab was the official head coach and wala si Junmar sa pool, patay na! Media disaster yun
              Haha. One of the main reasons coach tab is not the head coach. Looks like coach tab don't want to be blame anymore. If gilas underperform, all blame will be on the coach. Like coach yeng, he is the one who took the blame. Many fans did not even know who is the program director back then.

In contrary, if the gilas succeeds, the coach would be the one recognize. Coach tab would be a forgotten man.

Comment

That would be a mortal sin in Phi basketball.

Criticizing or uttering negative comments about Junmar is considered "blasphemous" by some Pinoy basketball fans.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Paano na yun if the coaching staff assessment is the best big man combo is Japeth and Standhardinger, (does not include MVP Junmar), patay!
                  If CS is a local, that may be the case. But in the future windows Cs would be replaced by maybe a wing np. Then we need to bring back junmar.

CS/Japeth are great tandem. But theybare not legit big men. Remember how Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol dominates the fiba. Junmar is only second to Pau in 2014 Fiba. He can be dominant as Gasol brothers if he has given the chance(maybe not as dominating, but still).
                  I doubt Cs and Japeth can do that.

Even I am a ginebra fan. I know Japeth is great in Pba. But not in gilas. He cannot do what he normally do in the pba. Je cant block faster players, he cant defend more agile players.

As for Cstand, if he is local, he may have a chance to snatch junmar spot. But he's not. So he is contending with brownlee,jones, and cmac. Very tough.

Lastly, I doubt Coach tab will not get Junmar if he is the coach. He planned junmar to be the main man back in his gilas era. But smc didn't alloe junmar. Oh. Wait Is this payback time!

Comment

• Well when you put Kai and AJ in the equation (both are not considered naturalized), then you factor in Gilas wants to play up tempo,
                    And lastly we're already qualified for WC
                    Then I would argue CS is more vital player compared to JM moving forward. He's part of the plan, Junmar may not necessarily be (oops may offend.. and is a mortal sin to say). Sorry na lang..

Comment

Well when you put Kai and AJ in the equation (both are not considered naturalized), then you factor in Gilas wants to play up tempo,
                      And lastly we're already qualified for WC
                      Then I would argue CS is more vital player compared to JM moving forward. He's part of the plan, Junmar may not necessarily be (oops may offend.. and is a mortal sin to say). Sorry na lang..
                      Kai/Aj is the future. Junmar will be the leader for them.

Again if CS is local, Junmar vs Cs would have more sense. But Cs is ineligible. He will be replaced by nba caliber np.

Agree that CS is more fit than Junmar. But why choose. You can have Kai/AJ/CS/Junmar in a team. But again CS is ineligible, meaning Junmar
                      Is more valuable because he is eligible.

Junmar is not a bad player. He once outplayed Dieng and Ndiaye. And he is not even in his prime.

Sbp has said that Junmar will be in the future. They never said that CS will be included in the future. Hence CS is an option only. Actually the last option.

Again, I am agreeing that CS is more fit in uptempo style than Junmar. But CD ineligibility issues are the killers of hia gilas dream

Comment

• I respect what you're saying and opinions, not saying Junmar is a bad player or anything..

Just don't be surprise if he is no longer a core part of the plan for the current coaching staff.
                        Of course basketball stakeholders think otherwise.. After all he is many time MVP..

They're simply different perspectives as hard as it is to believe a many time MVP may not be in the plans of others.
                        No need to argue with me, they're not my plans..

Comment

I respect what you're saying and opinions, not saying Junmar is a bad player or anything..

Just don't be surprise if he is no longer a core part of the plan for the current coaching staff.
                          Of course basketball stakeholders think otherwise.. After all he is many time MVP..

They're simply different perspectives as hard as it is to believe a many time MVP may not be in the plans of others.
                          No need to argue with me, they're not my plans..
                          Yeah. Well actually I will not be surprised if they decides to not include junmar in 2023. If Kai and Aj will get to their top potential.
                          I just wantvto include junmar for veteran leadership in gilas. Cstand doesn't have enough experience in gilas.

But I am sure Junmar would be selected because as you said, filipinos will bash them. And SMC will NEVER again lend players.That would be a big problem.

We all know SMC teams have the beat players. If Im not mistaken, last 3 years its either san miguel,ginebra,purefoods winning the championship.

So Coaching staff and SBP must not go against junmar.

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
                            Politics whether we like it or not will always be involved in our day to day life. You live in the Philippines or to the farthest corner of Timbukto, there will always be " pulitika. " In your workplace, in your club, church, etc... politics is always around. For me, the more important is political will especially from our main basketball federation. They know that CTB is the most logical man to lead our team but what are they doing?
                            they are trying to cover the social media backlash this early if things didnt pan out well again.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              Yeah.. It's hard to criticize Junmar.. He is still our best player, SBP still needs Junmar until 2023, But for now eh Junmar needs to rest.. He plays every single tournament internationally since 2017.. He has no real off-season.. Give him a break, and Gilas don't need Junmar for now vs Thais and Indons.. CS can take care of these bigs of our 1st window opponent..
                              Jmf would be bring back in korea game. CS would be replaced by maybe brownlee(the quickest that can be naturalized)

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                Jmf would be bring back in korea game. CS would be replaced by maybe brownlee(the quickest that can be naturalized)
                                If only Brownlee is around 27 years of age. I think its a bit late for Gilas having Brownlee as a naturalized player since he's already around 31. He only has about 3 to 4 good years left as our naturalized player.

We have to remember, its not that easy to naturalized someone here in the Phi. We are not like Lebanon, Jordan, or Qatar who can naturalized player overnight. So we must really choose our options wisely. While the SBP is planning to have a No. of naturalized players so that Gilas will have some spare tires in case a naturalized player is injured or indisposed, the reality is, we can only have 2 or perhaps 3, at the most, naturalized players at our disposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information