Page 511 of 539 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 10765

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Well wright is inconsistent also in Fiba. He also needs to improve.

We lost the likes of Alapag,chan, fonacier, sometimes Lee who can really hit threes consistently.

Wright when I look at his game in Fiba is not as confident as he is with phoenix.

Hope Dave,Dwight, and Dalph develops to be a better consistent 3pt shooter than Wright

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Well wright is inconsistent also in Fiba. He also needs to improve.

We lost the likes of Alapag,chan, fonacier, sometimes Lee who can really hit threes consistently.

Wright when I look at his game in Fiba is not as confident as he is with phoenix.

Hope Dave,Dwight, and Dalph develops to be a better consistent 3pt shooter than Wright
    If only Marcio was available in the first and second windows then we could compare the two.I think Marcio has been more consistent on his 3 point shots.Just like Marcio, Lee was not always available for some reason.As compared to Pogoy, Wright has better efficiency numbers and better stats than Pogoy in the Fiba Asia Cup in Lebanon in 2017 but has a slightly better number in the Fiba 1st and 2nd windows. Pogoy I think was a revelation being a product of the local collegiate league and those two Wright and Lassiter, are both Us Div.1 stand outs for 4 years. I hope Dave and Dwight would have a dominating season with Ateneo and will carry over their success in the national team.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    If only Marcio was available in the first and second windows then we could compare the two.I think Marcio has been more consistent on his 3 point shots.Just like Marcio, Lee was not always available for some reason.As compared to Pogoy, Wright has better efficiency numbers and better stats than Pogoy in the Fiba Asia Cup in Lebanon in 2017 but has a slightly better number in the Fiba 1st and 2nd windows. Pogoy I think was a revelation being a product of the local collegiate league and those two Wright and Lassiter, are both Us Div.1 stand outs for 4 years. I hope Dave and Dwight would have a dominating season with Ateneo and will carry over their success in the national team.
    Well their time is done, we need to look forward to future shooters. Dwight,panopio, dave needs to fill that role.

Well their time is done, we need to look forward to future shooters. Dwight,panopio, dave needs to fill that role.
    Shooting is the one skill one can continue to improve, and the 3 are young, have good form, so I think in 3 years they will be good shooters

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    updated .... (versatility, multi position focus) depending on how they develop.. It's essential Dave, Dwight and Dalph develop into high % 3 pt shooters or else you need Wright for insurance
    Nice pool. No more vets

Shooting is the one skill one can continue to improve, and the 3 are young, have good form, so I think in 3 years they will be good shooters
    I think we need a shooting coach to improve their shooting. Like chip engeland did eith allan caidic.

Maybe we can get caidic amnd some european/american shooting coach.

I don't think any of them shot well in the last worlds. IRC only Bollick and Perez shot well from the outside. So you could argue our shooters didn't shoot well. Lassiter however is still a good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    Nice pool. No more vets
    Dalph can shoot https://youtu.be/tQnoNTA8HSo
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

I think we need a shooting coach to improve their shooting. Like chip engeland did eith allan caidic.

Maybe we can get caidic amnd some european/american shooting coach.
    craig hodges was in town a few months back , maybe they can offer him to train our shooters.

we really miss those shooters last time.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    craig hodges was in town a few months back , maybe they can offer him to train our shooters.
    Looks like we cant afford him. If only sbp has more budget

we really miss those shooters last time.
    Those shooters will not be in future. Need to look forward on future shooters

Those shooters will not be in future. Need to look forward on future shooters
    so who do you think our shooters

Looks like we cant afford him. If only sbp has more budget
    lol sbp has lots of mulla, if you did not know he was here to give tips to a tnt shooter name pogoy

lol sbp has lots of mulla, if you did not know he was here to give tips to a tnt shooter name pogoy
    So why they didnt offer?

Oh wait, he gives tips to pogoy? Pogoy who bricks shots in FIBA world cup? Nevermind, let just settles for caidic which is considered as the
    Most feared shooter in Fiba Asia during his time.

So why they didnt offer?

Oh wait, he gives tips to pogoy? Pogoy who bricks shots in FIBA world cup? Nevermind, let just settles for caidic which is considered as the
    Most feared shooter in Fiba Asia during his time.
    it was after the wc when he provided some shooting tips to pogoy as you can see on his recent performance last governors cup and btw you are the one who mention about hiring a foreign shooting coach that is why i mention craig. and for your information allan is an excellent shooter but never been his forte to be a shooting coach.

it was after the wc when he provided some shooting tips to pogoy as you can see on his recent performance last governors cup and btw you are the one who mention about hiring a foreign shooting coach that is why i mention craig. and for your information allan is an excellent shooter but never been his forte to be a shooting coach.
    Oh I see. So after world cup their talk happen. Anyway I still didnt saw pogiy to be consistent in outside shooting. He had games where he is almost not missing. And there are some games that he really brick shots. We need consistency in rp team.

Yeah, I am mentioning foreign coach because looks like no one here in phils is considered a shooting coach.

Allan is an excellent shooter, I m sure he can teach our younger players. If jimmy alapag was able to improve the outside shooting of jason castro, ehy not allan.

Anyway regardless, i just think gilas needs a shooting coach rather local or foreign. As long as he can improve our shooters outside shooting

]personal list as to the 12-18 players they are be going to choose for the World Cup 2023?

mine:
    Kouame 6 10 -(Traditional center)

(versatile real bigs)
    Kai Sotto 7 2
    AJ Edu 6 10

(Stretch 4's)
    Troy Rosario 6 7
    Isaac Go 6 8

(Versatile all around wings)
    Jordan Clarkson 6 5 NP
    Dave Ildefonso 6 4
    Dwight Ramos 6 5
    Thirdy Ravena 6 3

(Combo guards)
    CJ Perez 6' 2
    Kiefer Ravena 6 0
    Dalph Panopio 6 1

part of the pool
    Matt Nieto 5 10
    Baltazar 6' 7
    Navarro 6'5
    Tuffin 6'4
    Wright 6'4
    Kobe! 6 6
    1GDL

updated .... (versatility, multi position focus) depending on how they develop.. It's essential Dave, Dwight and Dalph develop into high % 3 pt shooters or else you need Wright for insurance
    Remains to be seen if Dave and maybe Dalph will be matured and ready enough by 2023,
    Shooting is a skill where age and athleticim is not dependent on, so for open 3s still think Wright will be an option.
    Matt and 1GDL are options as insurance PG in case Dalph isn't ready

Isaac Go also made a positive impact for Mighty in the floor, being a plus-11 after tallying five points and three rebounds.. His size and ability to stretch floor giving good spacing is of value
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Remains to be seen if Dave and maybe Dalph will be matured and ready enough by 2023,
    Shooting is a skill where age and athleticim is not dependent on, so for open 3s still think Wright will be an option.
    Matt and 1GDL are options as insurance PG in case Dalph isn't ready
    wright would be at his prime come 2023 should be up there on the list, good alternate for jc.

Page 511 of 539 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast