Page 527 of 546 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 10908

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    He has the potential though. If he improve his work ethics and attitude.

He have the tools e. Lack of basketball Iq lang. Remember a young Japeth Aguilar who was criticized by having a low basketball Iq.

Look at Japeth now, a Pba Finals Mvp, and sometimes a mvp candidate.

Hopr Kobe Paras will mature the way Japeth has matured.

As Coach Yeng said " Japeth's mind has finally catch up with his skills". Hope Kobe Paras' mind will catch up also.
    I think the real issue with kobe isnt BBIQ but his EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Add that to his weaknesses.

If Kobe develop his basketball Iq and eq. He could be a modern Danny Seigle. Walking Mismatch.

Thats why I slightly bash kobe. He has the tools to be as good as Danny S. But he is wasting it

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Add that to his weaknesses.

If Kobe develop his basketball Iq and eq. He could be a modern Danny Seigle. Walking Mismatch.

Thats why I slightly bash kobe. He has the tools to be as good as Danny S. But he is wasting it
    He's quicker than Danny S, that's his advantage over seigle. However,, Danny had more polish. Danny had the size, skills of a SF but unfortunately, not the speed. I might get ridiculed with this opinion but I'll say it anyway, DS could've been an NBA level talent if he had the speed

Quote Originally Posted by Bonifacio View Post
    I wouldnt be even getting it from UAAP.....There's a lot of young PBA players who are more capable than Kobe......if we need to get someone out from PBA, you could even get one of the players from Ateneo like Navarro who knows Baldwin system more. I dont even know whether Paras is better than Abando....I would have to ask them to prove themselves....maybe Dwight Ramos is better than Paras
    Sabi mo UAAP players first 5? Can you name them?

So either Navarro, Abando or Dwight instead of Paras?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Perhaps before but the Kobe I saw last year was way more matured. He didn't sulk or shout at his teammates.

Honestly while not ideal, I think the SF spot can be handled by commitee, between Clarkson, Kobe, Dwight and even a little Troy.

Note it is not looking likely JC will get to play as a local
    Last edited by analyzed; 02-16-2020 at 12:16 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

He's quicker than Danny S, that's his advantage over seigle. However,, Danny had more polish. Danny had the size, skills of a SF but unfortunately, not the speed. I might get ridiculed with this opinion but I'll say it anyway, DS could've been an NBA level talent if he had the speed
    The post Achilles injured Seigle but pre injury he was quick enough, playwd SG even in the PBA in his early years...
    Last edited by sajubeads; 02-15-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Perhaps before but the Kobe I saw last year was way more matured. He didn't sulk or shout at his teammates.
    Again he is mature,but the guy constantly wants me time, thats why you rarely see him do alot of extra stuff outside endorsements( who gives him bucks imo)...just like Parks because of their talents, they have their leverages.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Honestly while not ideal, I think the SF spot can be handled by commitee, between Clarkson, Kobe, Dwight and even a little Troy.

Note it is not looking likely JC will get to play as a local
    Jc has slim to none chance to be local actually. If you think about it, Fiba has a point. JC never grew up here,never visited here when he is young, and never develop his basketball skills here.

But saying all of that, I will stick to my opinion that Fiba must use blood instead of residence.

Honestly while not ideal, I think the SF spot can be handled by commitee, between Clarkson, Kobe, Dwight and even a little Troy.al
    Those 4 players mentioned while maybe undersize vs teams like Serbia are really not compared to many world teams like the South American teams.
    And if you noticed those South American teams like Argentina, Puerto Rico are able to compete using that crafty and speed advantage.
    My point in this is while obviously we want to match up in size, let's not move away from our strength. Two of the guys Clarkson and Dwight can even play some big guard.. It's the versatility and speed that will be our strength
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Those 4 players mentioned while maybe undersize vs teams like Serbia are really not compared to many world teams like the South American teams.
    And if you noticed those South American teams like Argentina, Puerto Rico are able to compete using that crafty and speed advantage.
    My point in this is while obviously we want to match up in size, let's not move away from our strength. Two of the guys Clarkson and Dwight can even play some big guard.. It's the versatility and speed that will be our strength
    Hope they develop to be better in 3 years. Jc will hit his prime then. Kobe will be more matured hopefully. Dwight may step up to his hype and Potential.

About Troy, he has a terrible world cup last year. He misses shots he usually makes in pba. He is also thin and undersize against bulker and stronger big men. However his shooting, length and versatility are assers to the team.

Dwight Ramos highlights vs. Letran in the ongoing PCCL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY6HGa-nbS4
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Dwight Ramos highlights vs. Letran in the ongoing PCCL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY6HGa-nbS4
    I can see the next thread post here in IBN : Dwight Ramos > Luca

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Impressed with his shooting mechanics, size and willingness to pass. Disappointed with his ballhandling, or at least his lack of opportunity. Was also expecting more in terms of his explosiveness, feels like thirdy > dwight in this area. Looking forward to his development in the next couple of years.

Feels like gilas won't go wrong with either JC+Paras or JC+Dwight wing--could just be dependent on the matchup. This wing rotation is definitely elite in asia region.

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post
    Impressed with his shooting mechanics, size and willingness to pass. Disappointed with his ballhandling, or at least his lack of opportunity. Was also expecting more in terms of his explosiveness, feels like thirdy > dwight in this area. Looking forward to his development in the next couple of years.

Feels like gilas won't go wrong with either JC+Paras or JC+Dwight wing--could just be dependent on the matchup. This wing rotation is definitely elite in asia region.
    the thing is he's legitimatly big... pictures with him compared to Dave is he's a good 2 inches taller (at least 1 1/2) additionally while not fast for a Filipino carrying that weight (he's wide) he is quite mobile... and lastly while his handles are not tight (yet) for a 6' 5 Pinoy they're advanced . you really cannot go wrong with him in the next 3 years.. even if he doesn't improve drastically.. (oh he's only 20 or 21 - so reallistically given it's only now that he's playing in the Philippines and learning they style- he actually has the biggest room for figuring out - how to be effective , the others have already maximised that aspect. - this guy is still figuring it out... which is scary when you think about it

Quote Originally Posted by lurklurk View Post

a young Eric Menk..

How's been Dwight's 3 pt shooting? Maybe he'll fit the same role jalen Galloway has in TSF for gilas. I don't prefer a guard eccentric gilas in 2023, it takes Kai sotto out of the game. Damn, justine Brickman would've make a perfect complement for Kai

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    a young Eric Menk..
    Anthony semerad although he is jack of all trades with size, so malaki ang potential..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

the thing is he's legitimatly big... pictures with him compared to Dave is he's a good 2 inches taller (at least 1 1/2) additionally while not fast for a Filipino carrying that weight (he's wide) he is quite mobile... and lastly while his handles are not tight (yet) for a 6' 5 Pinoy they're advanced . you really cannot go wrong with him in the next 3 years.. even if he doesn't improve drastically.. (oh he's only 20 or 21 - so reallistically given it's only now that he's playing in the Philippines and learning they style- he actually has the biggest room for figuring out - how to be effective , the others have already maximised that aspect. - this guy is still figuring it out... which is scary when you think about it
    on a related note, how's his brother's NT potential? eli seems to be a good size for a guard. is he a 2 or a 1?

Page 527 of 546 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast