Page 506 of 533 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 10654

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Brownlee is a temporary NP. Maybe this year only. While waiting gor apptoval on our other NPs.

Brownlee passed his docu years ago. He must be the firat one to be np.

Cmac and jones will take a long time
    So temporarily for just 1 game, vs Korea in November, that's a big investment of time and money for just 1 game. We don't need him to win the other game vs SEA team, and besides how important is it to win that 1 game, are we honestly scared of losing to SEA teams and not qualifying for Asia cup
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    So temporarily for just 1 game, vs Korea in November, that's a big investment of time and money for just 1 game. We don't need him to win the other game vs SEA team, and besides how important is it to win that 1 game, are we honestly scared of losing to SEA teams and not qualifying for Asia cup
    Maybe he can extend until 2021. Until Cmac or Jones or other is naturalized? I thought brownlee passed all docu, and the fees for his application alreafy paid? Is it not the case?
    My take is Fiba Asia Cup is happening soon. Brownlee is the fastest option. Is it possible that cmac gets naturalized first before brownlee even brownlee apply 3 years ago?

I can also go far as brownlee as naturalized for 2023. In 2027, other candidates NP can replace him.

Brownlee(33-34 yrs old),Sotto,Edu is a great core. Maybe with panopio and martin(IF eligible)

If we're in the Asia Cup, we're basically in the World cup qualifying windows (Nov 2021 to Feb 2023), those game main priority like China in the last qualiers as host are non bearing but to prepare us for 2023, what's the point then of making a NP (Brownlee) the focal point of our build up games, went we don't intend to use him anyway for 2023

But basically here is the thing unless the program director request for Brownlee then there really is no point of naturalizing him.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

If we're in the Asia Cup, we're basically in the World cup qualifying windows (Nov 2021 to Feb 2023), those game main priority like China in the last qualiers as host are non bearing but to prepare us for 2023, what's the point then of making a NP (Brownlee) the focal point of our build up games, went we don't intend to use him anyway for 2023

But basically here is the thing unless the program director request for Brownlee then there really is no point of naturalizing him.
    Well, we can end up intending to use him.

As you said the naturalization process in the phil. Is very slow. If brownlee cannot be naturalized even he passed 3 years ago. Then Cmac/Jones if will pass this year, we are not sure if they will be naturalized. There is still 2027 and beyond for them

Brownlee is a better player than cstand or pringle. I assume you agree with that sir analyzed.
    So, he is the most logical choice if we cant get clarkson,cmac or jones as NP.

Unless sbp discovered someone who is better than JB. But then again the slowness of naturalization is the problem.

Im saying these because I dont want to waste a np slot for a not nba caliber player in cstand. And As much as I love cstand, he is not a nba caliber NP.

If Clarkson is the only eligible NP in 2023 he will be available, the world cup is included in the NBA agreement with FIBA that allows to release players

For the games prior to 2023, they're no bearing for Gilas and the priority is to prepare the team for 2023., there is no point in investing in a player who isn't necessarily going to be used in 2023 in lieu of the available Clarkson
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-19-2020 at 09:57 AM.

If Clarkson is the only eligible NP in 2023 he will be available, the world cup is included in the NBA agreement with FIBA that allows to release players

For the games prior to 2023, they're no bearing for Gilas and the priority is to prepare the team for 2023., there is no point in investing in a player who isn't necessarily going to be used in 2023 in lieu of the available Clarkson
    So what you are saying is, sbp should have not naturalize anyone on brownlee/cmac/jones because clarkson is available?

How about asian games? We need to win there too, it is the modern Original fiba asia now. Thats why I temporarily put brownlee as np.
    Clarkson will not be around from 2020-2022. So we will go for no import np?(cstand is not an import for me)

So what you are saying is, sbp should have not naturalize anyone on brownlee/cmac/jones because clarkson is available?

How about asian games? We need to win there too, it is the modern Original fiba asia now. Thats why I temporarily put brownlee as np.
    Clarkson will not be around from 2020-2022. So we will go for no import np?(cstand is not an import for me)

Didn't the ASIAN GAMES classify Clarkson as a local? He played alongside either Stan P and CS and both of them were classified as NP.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Didn't the ASIAN GAMES classify Clarkson as a local? He played alongside either Stan P and CS and both of them were classified as NP.
    That is a ONE TIME exception. Because I think China have a player which have the same case with clarkson. ASian games is afraid of china.

Kouame, available and training with pool at no extra pay

Didn't Clarkson play in last Asian games?

BTW it doesn't take years to naturalize via Congress, but it does take political will.. and you have to be of age.
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-19-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Asian and SEA games don't apply U16 rule to be eligible to play as a local

I will admit if SMB and Cone were heading the National program, Brownlee would be a NP by now.

That's the thing though, the request to naturalize a player has to come from the national program, and as far as I know there is no request. BTW the SBP and some of it's officials are not necessarily the national program

Take away the personality, but just for argument sake how would the following player with a Philippine passport be viewed for exemption say in 2023

1. Has lived, studied and played continously for 7 straight years in the Philippines
    2. Player and mom Expressed intent to be a Filipino citizen at the age of 17 yrs old - unfortunately the law of the land allows only confirmation at the age of 21.
    3. Has played competitive basketball exclusively in the Philippines and its leagues
    4. Player as a minor is dependent on the local community as guardians, he is fatherless (orphan). And his day to day provision would be in poverty if not for the local community adopting him
    5. Has represented the Philippines in official FIBA games (window games)

May have missed things, but that's the picture..

I will admit if SMB and Cone were heading the National program, Brownlee would be a NP by now.

That's the thing though, the request to naturalize a player has to come from the national program, and as far as I know there is no request. BTW the SBP and some of it's officials are not necessarily the national program
    problem is that he is not even naturalized yet.

if we have kai , edu and kouame manning the middle we might not need junmar for wc23 but kouame should get the nod from fiba first.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    if we have kai , edu and kouame manning the middle we might not need junmar for wc23 but kouame should get the nod from fiba first.
    and kouame will be our starting center during the window games. not all the time kai and edu are available during the window games..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    and kouame will be our starting center during the window games. not all the time kai and edu are available during the window games..
    Kuoame with Erram, Aguilar and Isaac Go would not be an awful frontline.Sayang si C Stand.If only he was considered as a local,that's going to be a happy bunch right there.Complete with shot blockers and good rebounders.With Kai, Kuoame I think will be more of the rebounding duties while Kai may play as a power forward and of course the two are very capable shot blockers.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Kuoame with Erram, Aguilar and Isaac Go would not be an awful frontline.Sayang si C Stand.If only he was considered as a local,that's going to be a happy bunch right there.Complete with shot blockers and good rebounders.With Kai, Kuoame I think will be more of the rebounding duties while Kai may play as a power forward and of course the two are very capable shot blockers.
    well if kouame got the nod as a local then cstand could be the np.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    well if kouame got the nod as a local then cstand could be the np.
    that would be great it would even be great having a naturalized player like McCullough.Just try to imagine Kai,Ange and AJ.It's like the 3 headed monsters but i don't see it happening like that, bomalabs
    Last edited by Alex07; 01-20-2020 at 05:24 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Short-term option - Brownlee (unnecessary since we already have CStan and Kouame)

Now - CStan (if Kuoame doesn't work out then we still have CStan. Prime age for most professional players are late 20s/early 30s. He should still be good enough for 2023.)

Long-term option - Kouame. He will also build experience together with the next generation (Edu, Sotto, Paras, etc). We got the perfect opportunity to build a young core of experience international players by the time we host the 2023 World Cup and beyond.

We have to think program level long term, not band aid, especially if NP is ball dominant and hinders our core young players from developing.

If we get a NP who plays a role (big center) who's available for 12 years, that just means the development of our young players will be emphaiszed

Page 506 of 533 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516 ... LastLast