• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope they make up.

It is very ugly to see actually.

They are just pulling down each othe

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Well that's the plan, and you're right perhaps PBA does not like the idea.

Easily these 6 players are more vital core to 2023 than any current PBA player
      Kai
      AJ
      CLARKSON
      Dwight
      Thirdy
      Kouame

Kobe?
      very interested on how tab plans to develop Kobe. KP has potential to be our Watanabe.

Comment

• Marcial really needs to go. He's a terrible commissioner.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
          very interested on how tab plans to develop Kobe. KP has potential to be our Watanabe.
          lets see in uaap next season how he improved.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
            Marcial really needs to go. He's a terrible commissioner.
            Problem is, who can replace him? Part of the reason Marcial has the job is because of his good relations with the PBA board.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
              A 3-D small forward seems realistic.

Think Danny Green + Courtney Lee (Japeth's former WKU teammate).

I hope they find a way to re-integrate BRP into the program. The team doesn't seem right without him as he has long been touted as the replacement for Gabe.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• langhiya sumakay pa sa issue nang racism

NorthPort owner and deputy speaker Mikee Romero (1Pacman Partylist) is the latest among the growing list of officials and coaches to criticize the statements of Gilas Pilipinas program director Tab Baldwin. Since he’s only ‘a guest in the country’, Romero said on Sunday that Baldwin should not say anything that will distort Philippine basketball history, […]
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post

I hope they find a way to re-integrate BRP into the program. The team doesn't seem right without him as he has long been touted as the replacement for Gabe.
                  No heart. No balls. Disappointment during qualifiers.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                    langhiya sumakay pa sa issue nang racism

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/m...-format/185380
                    This is the reason why I liked Tim Cone's response:

The culture of the Filipino, whether right or wrong, is being taken as an argument - which may or may not be correct. Let's assume Baldwin came out derogatory and abrasive to the local coaches, then, yes, it may be a reason for taking offense. There's always a better way of saying it without ruffling the feathers of his contemporaries here. Which is why if Baldwin needs to be sanctioned for his statement, then so be it.

What i do find offensive though were two things:

1. Marcial, as Commissioner, should have acted prudently on the matter. He claimed Baldwin should have brought his issues to Ricky Vargas, but while lecturing Tab on this, did the very same thing - he already declared that said statement deserves a sanction - whether a fine or suspension, or both. A professional Commissioner, especially if he hasn't even watched the podcast prior to making his own statement, should have demurred answering the question from media about his reaction to what Tab said. The correct recourse was to say, "please allow me to evaluate his statement first, then I would need to talk to him so he can explain his side." No judgement because he can't be both a prosecutor and a judge.

2. I completely object to the use of the race trump card as part of the argument here. Neither do I like the "emotional" argument being taken as far as disparaging the local coaches are concerned. Race has nothing to do with this. It's an objective perspective coming from someone who's been around and familiar with how the game is played overseas. Some personalities are using the emotional approach - that Tab's being a jerk and looking down on our coaches - to gain sympathy from the fans. Cone's argument has been the most sober so far, and while he did take offense, he was able to explain what PBA coaches go through handling a PBA team in 3 different conferences with different formats.

In the end, whether Tab deserves to be penalized or not is something only Marcial should be able to discern. Whatever his decision would be, it should be respected. But he could've handled this situation better and not be too emotional himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post

The culture of the Filipino, whether right or wrong, is being taken as an argument - which may or may not be correct. Let's assume Baldwin came out derogatory and abrasive to the local coaches, then, yes, it may be a reason for taking offense. There's always a better way of saying it without ruffling the feathers of his contemporaries here. Which is why if Baldwin needs to be sanctioned for his statement, then so be it.

1. Marcial, as Commissioner, should have acted prudently on the matter. He claimed Baldwin should have brought his issues to Ricky Vargas, but while lecturing Tab on this, did the very same thing - he already declared that said statement deserves a sanction - whether a fine or suspension, or both. A professional Commissioner, especially if he hasn't even watched the podcast prior to making his own statement, should have demurred answering the question from media about his reaction to what Tab said. The correct recourse was to say, "please allow me to evaluate his statement first, then I would need to talk to him so he can explain his side." No judgement because he can't be both a prosecutor and a judge.

2. I completely object to the use of the race trump card as part of the argument here. Neither do I like the "emotional" argument being taken as far as disparaging the local coaches are concerned. Race has nothing to do with this. It's an objective perspective coming from someone who's been around and familiar with how the game is played overseas. Some personalities are using the emotional approach - that Tab's being a jerk and looking down on our coaches - to gain sympathy from the fans. Cone's argument has been the most sober so far, and while he did take offense, he was able to explain what PBA coaches go through handling a PBA team in 3 different conferences with different formats.

In the end, whether Tab deserves to be penalized or not is something only Marcial should be able to discern. Whatever his decision would be, it should be respected. But he could've handled this situation better and not be too emotional himself.
                      very well said sir jay. to be fair with tab he has been around the philippines long enough and has been conducting coaching clinics. he did his share of helping local coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post

At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether or not take it as an offence.

If you’re offended, it’s your problem.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

Kobe Paras and Ray Parks. We can hate them all we want. But that doesnt change the fact that they are once nba prospects.

I believe if these 2 does have the same moral and financial sipport Kai is having, I think they have a chance. Especially parks jr. Kobe paras will be 50-50 depending on his improvement on ahooting back then.

Sadly, they do not have the neccessary support.

The more that they proved us wrong, the better for the National team

Comment

At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether or not take it as an offence.

If you’re offended, it’s your problem.
                            No naman...Tab is employed with the PBA as assistant coach of the TNT Ka-Tropa so he's bound to follow league rules. Making alleged "derogatory" statements against the league in general is sanctionable based on the PBA Constitution. The question that needs to be answered though is: did he say it derogatorily, was there malice and ill-intent? That's something only the Commissioner would be able to decide, as indicated in the PBA rules. But before he can make any conclusion, Tab needs to be heard out first to clarify his statement. You just can't react impetuously and make a judgement without hearing his side first. That's my beef with this Kume.

I really don't care with the opinions of Chua, Guiao, Vanguardia, Gonzales or anyone else. They're irrelevant and have no bearing. It's the Commissioner who is important here, and unfortunately, he already judged the case already. Just wrong. In the end, Tab could be wrong and if he is, then he deserves to be penalized. But after Marcial's statement, no clarification coming from Tab would prevent him from being judged impartially.

Personally, I feel Tab's statement was taken out of context...but my opinion doesn't matter as well.

One thing we're sure of, Marcial is no Prieto, Rudy Salud, and Tommy Manotoc (as Deputy Commissioner)...

Comment

• So far, Only coach Tim has an ok response to coach Tab.

Anyway, Tim Cone is not a Filipino at all.

But he defended local coaches without attacking coach tab. As expected from the PBA GOAT Coach.

I think Coach Tim and Coach Tab will have a healthy discussion for the National Team. Sucks that Coach tim is under Chua.

And they can talk and understand english very well.

Chua and Guiao, Alam ko hirap sila magingles e. Baka di nila naintindihan si Tab.��������

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                So far, Only coach Tim has an ok response to coach Tab.

Anyway, Tim Cone is not a Filipino at all.

But he defended local coaches without attacking coach tab. As expected from the PBA GOAT Coach.

I think Coach Tim and Coach Tab will have a healthy discussion for the National Team. Sucks that Coach tim is under Chua.

And they can talk and understand english very well.

Chua and Guiao, Alam ko hirap sila magingles e. Baka di nila naintindihan si Tab.��������
                                Hindi sa hirap sila mag english. Malaki lang talaga ang ulo nila at tingin nila they are insulated from criticism.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information