This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
    the 2020 olympics would be held sometime in july so most probably oqt will be 2 months before .
    prolly will happen around 1st week of july or 4th week of june
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
      the 2020 olympics would be held sometime in july so most probably oqt will be 2 months before .
      No it will be held in August like in 2016 and OQT was held in July. FIBA designed it that way so OQT teams that qualify can continue together for the Olympics, note it's just June 11 and we're in game 6 of the NBA finals. Steven Adams has been in NZ for more than a month now after elimination
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        No it will be held in August like in 2016 and OQT was held in July. FIBA designed it that way so OQT teams that qualify can continue together for the Olympics, note it's just June 11 and we're in game 6 of the NBA finals. Steven Adams has been in NZ for more than a month now after elimination
        Are there any chances for Adams to play this year or he is still boycotting NT?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
          https://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/08/1...ordan-clarkson

i think you are the one that making assumptions here without basis. you are making an assumption that i am in favor of dna testing when in fact i am not since it is really absurd. as i said, granted that clarkson is not a local for fiba purposes, it does not mean that you can say right away that he is in the same situation with guys like blatche and qatari mercenaries there.

isa pa, ang basehan ng pagkuha ng mga players, not only us but most of the countries around the world, is their citizenship and nationality laws. you are just your own foot when you tell me that we need legal basis to determine citizenship. of course, we have. sa tingin mo hahabulin ba natin si clarkson and the rest of fil-for prospects without basis? our constitution and our nationality laws are poking at you - the same laws you are dismissing.
          OK so based on Philippine citizenship laws that ones parents have to be a citizen upon birth of player, for player to be considered a citizen, or even that Anet was ever a citizen, where in your article or information is this stated? All other info is moot in terms of legal Philippine citizens

Of course we're chasing Brown, Green etc on the basis of their Pinoy roots. But I'm telling you that's really a weak basis in this day and age of global migration of people. Almost everyone in the world has ancestral blood connections from a nation other than where they're living in. The line that divides legal citizens is non other than the laws, so if a person hasn't met those requirements he's not a bonafide citizen period and is the same as any former unnaturalize person such as Blatche or Qatari. Also in the same way many of us with Spanish or Chinese roots can't legally claim Spanish or Chinese citizenship
          Last edited by analyzed; 06-12-2019, 07:48 AM.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Are there any chances for Adams to play this year or he is still boycotting NT?
            Your guess is as good as mine or even people close to Adams (mentor). There are however signs that maybe this could be the year he plays. Last week in the news rumor has it, Steven put a condition for him to play, which is the federation supports grassroots (whatever that means). While that may be viewed as a barrier to me it is a good sign, cause at least he's talking about playing subject to conditions being met

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine or even people close to Adams (mentor). There are however signs that maybe this could be the year he plays. Last week in the news rumor has it, Steven put a condition for him to play, which is the federation supports grassroots (whatever that means). While that may be viewed as a barrier to me it is a good sign, cause at least he's talking about playing subject to conditions being met
              prolly financial help.. and nzl basketball federation will probably get rid of kanya kanya bayad ng trip to a certain tournament (world cup) and they’re sponsor it..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

I guess with grassroots he means to help youngsters financially. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Adams was pissed of and refused to play for NT exactly cause being a teen he couldn't afford himself to play in NZ youth team in some competition, cause players had to pay it all by themselves and federation didn't help or showed any support

Comment

OK so based on Philippine citizenship laws that ones parents have to be a citizen upon birth of player, for player to be considered a citizen, where in your article or information is this stated? All other info is moot.

Of course we're chasing Brown, Green etc on the basis of their Pinoy roots. But I'm telling you that's really a weak basis in this day and age of global migration of people. Almost everyone in the world has ancestral blood connections from a nation other than where they're living in. The line that divides legal citizens is non other than the laws, so if a person hasn't met those requirements he's not a bonafide citizen period and is the same as any former unnaturalize person such as Blatche or Qatari.
                  Come on bro, the legal requirement on why are we dollowing all the Brown, Green and Blacks Fil For of the world is our Constitution which recognizes all its Citizen based on Doctrine Of Jus Sanguinis...its not as if we had our Citizen law promulgated just to hire our athletes and basketball player. It has been their even bedore Hagop was born. Granting that for example that in the case of Clarkson,his mother is already American at time of his birth , then so be it, di di siya eligiblebut it does not necessarily disenfranchises the other Brown, Green, Black of the World from playing for the Phil. Each players eligibility should be rule based on its own merit and circumstances , not on some vague and discriminatory Hagop rule...

Comment

• Here's the thing with the Hagop rule: It doesn't give a flying f*ck about citizenship laws. It draws a line in the sand and tells the national federations, "Look, you better start identifying AND developing talent by this age." And by talent identification, it is implied that national federations have the burden of seeking out talent, wherever they may be based, and providing them with the necessary citizenship documents, if they don't already have it. Imagine the logistical nightmare FIBA has to contend with if it chooses to observe hundreds of different citizenship laws and to control the switching of allegiances.

The only exceptions to this rule are those given to small European countries where basketball is still a developing sport, especially those that participate in the Games of the Small States of Europe. Whether this exception could be extended to other countries, such as the Philippines, where there is already an existing basketball infrastructure, is highly debatable.

The last thing we want to happen is for allegiance-switching to be as rampant as it is in football, where anyone who has previously represented another country at the youth level may switch countries as long as they haven't been capped at the senior level (see: Neil Etheridge, De Guzman brothers). The way I see it, FIBA wants talent development to be as organic and grassroots as possible, keeping naturalization at a minimum.

And at any rate, is there proof that Annette Clarkson was born in the Philippines and/or was a PH passport holder at the time of Jordan's birth? Remember that prior to the 2000s, the Philippines did not recognize dual citizenship and Clarkson's mom would have had to renounce her PH citizenship to acquire US citizenship.
                    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                      Here's the thing with the Hagop rule: It doesn't give a flying f*ck about citizenship laws. It draws a line in the sand and tells the national federations, "Look, you better start identifying AND developing talent by this age." And by talent identification, it is implied that national federations have the burden of seeking out talent, wherever they may be based, and providing them with the necessary citizenship documents, if they don't already have it. Imagine the logistical nightmare FIBA has to contend with if it chooses to observe hundreds of different citizenship laws and to control the switching of allegiances.

The only exceptions to this rule are those given to small European countries where basketball is still a developing sport, especially those that participate in the Games of the Small States of Europe. Whether this exception could be extended to other countries, such as the Philippines, where there is already an existing basketball infrastructure, is highly debatable.

The last thing we want to happen is for allegiance-switching to be as rampant as it is in football, where anyone who has previously represented another country at the youth level may switch countries as long as they haven't been capped at the senior level (see: Neil Etheridge, De Guzman brothers). The way I see it, FIBA wants talent development to be as organic and grassroots as possible, keeping naturalization at a minimum.

And at any rate, is there proof that Annette Clarkson was born in the Philippines and/or was a PH passport holder at the time of Jordan's birth? Remember that prior to the 2000s, the Philippines did not recognize dual citizenship and Clarkson's mom would have had to renounce her PH citizenship to acquire US citizenship.
                      we do as early as the commonwealth, we already recognized dual citizenship. the laws were changed to follow changes of times. as much as i want to elaborate it further, it is too long to discuss here. that's the reason why i stop arguing further because laymen in this forum are not about the complexities of our citizenship and how strict actually are with regards regarding the matter.
                      Attack
                      defend
                      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                        we do as early as the commonwealth, we already recognized dual citizenship. the laws were changed to follow changes of times. as much as i want to elaborate it further, it is too long to discuss here. that's the reason why i stop arguing further because laymen in this forum are not about the complexities of our citizenship and how strict actually are with regards regarding the matter.
                        I get your point, but the citizenship laws were different at the time Jordan Clarkson was born. We can't apply Commonwealth-era laws to the 1990s, especially if they were superseded by new laws that were valid under the succeeding constitutions.
                        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• in other fiba zones the citizenship laws supercedes the conditions set by hahop, its only the asian.zone that disregards the citizenship law in favor of the ruling emphasized by hagop khadirjan...
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I actually deal with immigration matters as a job, and there are really red flags in JC story if you're to base it on reports
                            1st anytime an article starts talking about the lolo (JCs) and not the mom herself is a red flag..
                            Logic suggest that if a parent is Phil citizen it's really moot to even discuss the lolo's status.
                            Secondly a 2nd generation [mom) of a US military personnel (lolo) is quite a red flag that JCs mom would have any need to acquire Philippine citizenship. My siblings are US military, non of their children acquired Phil citizenship, now even assuming JCs mom for no apparent reason acquired Ph citizenship that she is entitled to, keeping it until JCs birth is like (wow) why? What for.

Of course every case is different (Brown etc), but if I had to pick one most likely scenario of mix race marriage, most would be on the side of not keeping citizenship at birth of son

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              in other fiba zones the citizenship laws supercedes the conditions set by hahop, its only the asian.zone that disregards the citizenship law in favor of the ruling emphasized by hagop khadirjan...
                              Source?
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Countries are bastardizing their citizenship laws.. thats why some counyries resort that they doing it woth onyegrity thru dna
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information