Page 451 of 474 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 9464

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    If my memory doesn't fail me, Lee was measured by the PBA as at least 6-foot-1.
    So he is 6’2 with shoes maybe. He looks shorter than that though maybe because of his fat haha.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Average height: 195.6 cm or 6’5

Overall, a decently sized team compared to 2014.
    Could this be the tallest Phi National senior team ever?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Could this be the tallest Phi National senior team ever?
    Our u19 youth team is a a little taller lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    So he is 6’2 with shoes maybe. He looks shorter than that though maybe because of his fat haha.
    I have the same view. It looks to me like Marcio Lassiter is taller than Lee by about 2 inches yet Lassiter was measured by the PBA at 6-foot-1 & 1/2 inch
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Our u19 youth team is a a little taller lmao.
    That is why I said National senior team

I have the same view. It looks to me like Marcio Lassiter is taller than Lee by about 2 inches yet Lassiter was measured by the PBA at 6-foot-1 & 1/2 inch
    marcio has hair while lee is bald. hahaha
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Average height: 195.6 cm or 6’5

Overall, a decently sized team compared to 2014.
    decent improvement from last wc , it was 3 midgets now possibly down to 2 or even 1.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    decent improvement from last wc , it was 3 midgets now possibly down to 2 or even 1.
    If Barroca doesn’t make the cut, this will be the first PH team without a midget (sub-6 foot) player.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

But even if he does make it, is it the 1st with only 1 player below 6 Feet?
    Kahit paano or pa konti konti I think coaches are starting to get the value of getting bigger guards

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Kahit paano or pa konti konti I think coaches are starting to get the value of getting bigger guards
    Yeah with Parks, Ildefonso, Bolick, Juan GDL... and those guys in the next draft, big guards/ wings are starting to get more noticed.

Lee was measured at 6'1 3/4 w/o shoes during the pre-draft events but has a short wingspan. Arwind Santos is only an inch taller than him. You're right, physique can make an illusion on a player's real height.

Kiefer, if included, is measured 5'10 1/2. So 1 player pa din ang below legit 6 ft.
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...-a795-20190821

What we've always knew, really doubtful FIBA changes its stance on U16 rule, but not discounting JC gets an exception in the future.
    All this talk of making changes on rule is really doubtful

There is just too little support from other nations calling for a change, one nation or even less than 5 is not enough

and I highly doubt that yeng will bring too many midget guards especially in the world cup, remember in 2009 when he chose combo guards who can play both pg-sg and he left out alapag and people cried when he was left out.
    I am not a six footer, so I play heavy metal instead...

Quote Originally Posted by beansent View Post
    and I highly doubt that yeng will bring too many midget guards especially in the world cup, remember in 2009 when he chose combo guards who can play both pg-sg and he left out alapag and people cried when he was left out.
    Yup, Yeng is very aware of matchup problems in height. Don’t be too surprised if Barroca and Kiefer will be left out for Bolick and Perez

Just sharing...
    Next Gilas coach. A legendary one!

Credit to the owner.

Up to when is coach Yeng Guiao's contract? Will he be the coach of the SEA Games team?
    They call me THE HERO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    Just sharing...
    Next Gilas coach. A legendary one!

Credit to the owner.

Up to when is coach Yeng Guiao's contract? Will he be the coach of the SEA Games team?
    Yeng recently stated the WC cuts are SEA Games shoo ins. Looks like he still expects to be the coach in the SEAG, otherwise he wouldn't dare make that statement.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Yeng recently stated the WC cuts are SEA Games shoo ins. Looks like he still expects to be the coach in the SEAG, otherwise he wouldn't dare make that statement.
    the possible cuts
    lassiter
    belga
    CS
    pringle
    and whoever is cut in the final cut..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    the possible cuts
    lassiter
    belga
    CS
    pringle
    and whoever is cut in the final cut..
    kala ko si clarkson sa.cut hahahah
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    kala ko si clarkson sa.cut hahahah
    haha.. i even joke about it that kabayan would play sa sea games

Of course, mahirap naman yatang biglain yan. How can we expect a drastic change in philosophy regarding the height upgrade of the National team point guards when all these years & decades, Phi basketball have been represented by midget or "bansot" point guards. Its a gradual process.

But even if there is really that conscious effort to improve the ceiling of our point guards & a conscious effort to get rid of midget point guards, I think there will still be instances where a Philippine team will have one point guard standing around 5-foot-9/5-foot-8. Yun yung mga point guard in the mold of a Jimmy Alapag or Johnny Abarrientos. Point guards with extra ordinary qualities which more than compensate for their shortcoming in height.

I think if Jimmy Alapag or Johnny Abarrientos are still on their primes right now, they would most likely be considered in the current Gilas pool.

I believe despite basketball being a tall man's sport, midget or bansot players still has a place in basketball.

Page 451 of 474 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461 ... LastLast