Chinese Taipei NT 2016 - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    Oops sorry Sinobball, mistakenly written Joe Lin's name instead of Lee Wei-Cheh. Turns out that the article in TWsports suggested that Joe Lin is pending inclusion. Sorry bout that.

Anyways, I believe the same applies for TJ Burke who will also be likely categorized as naturalized.
    Unlike Joseph Lin, TJ Burke was born and grew up in Taiwan until age 13. And despite being 50% white and attending only English-speaking International schools in Taiwan, he actually speaks much better Mandarin than Joseph Lin. But you may be right about his eligibility.

Finally, judging by their mediocre stats in the SBL, I'm not sure either will make the NT EVEN if they count as locals (Keep in mind the best Taiwanese players are virtually all in the CBA).
    aim low, score high

Comment

I think the following:

17yr old Wu Pei-Chia 206cm
      17yr old Jonah Morrison 206cm
      20yr old Jung Yi-Shen? 203cm
      23yr old Fan Shi-Ehn 200cm
      "Jung Yi-shen" is not Taiwanese, he's from Macau attending college in Taiwan, his name is actually romanized as Iong Ngai San. But he's not playing for Macau in EABA.

The first 2 guys need to be integrated to the NT program ASAP since there's such as shortage of bigs in Taiwan. Morrison looks like a unique talent from the Asian U18 3X3 tournament that I watched, but I need to see him in a full 5x5 game to see how fast/durable he is in real basketball. Wu also appears to have potential.

Fan Shih-en has decent potential but still no offensive skills beyond the mid-range jumper. Also needs to get a little stronger.

Lin Chih-wei who's playing in EABA is I think even worse than Fan, he's just 2cm taller. He plays like a girl. I think Taiwan has good youngsters to fill the 2-3 positions like Liu Cheng, Chieng Li-huan, Chou Yi-hsiang, etc. but they need to seriously worry about the 4-5 positions. Quincy Davis is getting older, he can't play 35 minutes per game.

I have noticed a player Tseng Hsiang-chun (205cm, 1998) who's not bad.
      Last edited by sinobball; 06-03-2017, 08:58 PM.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
        I think Taiwan has good youngsters to fill the 2-3 positions like Liu Cheng, Chieng Li-huan, Chou Yi-hsiang, etc. but they need to seriously worry about the 4-5 positions.
        I predicted this 5 years ago.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

The first 2 guys need to be integrated to the NT program ASAP since there's such as shortage of bigs in Taiwan. Morrison looks like a unique talent from the Asian U18 3X3 tournament that I watched, but I need to see him in a full 5x5 game to see how fast/durable he is in real basketball. Wu also appears to have potential.
          I've seen a couple of HBL clips of Morrison. He's like a young Tien Lei who plays center but really uses a PF skillset against smaller opponents. He does not really try to overpower or out-maneuver an opponent inside, what he lacks in post play he makes up with his advance jumper. He rarely dunks, often prefer finishing with layups via short drives. He can run the floor and is working on his three range.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

I've seen a couple of HBL clips of Morrison. He's like a young Tien Lei who plays center but really uses a PF skillset against smaller opponents. He does not really try to overpower or out-maneuver an opponent inside, what he lacks in post play he makes up with his advance jumper. He rarely dunks, often prefer finishing with layups via short drives. He can run the floor and is working on his three range.
            with the openness of ct to do naturalization plus the fact that basketball is a small man game nowadays, being thin in ceiling should be the least of ct concerns..they still produce tall and athletic wings, the problem arises if youre top slasher is below 6 feet..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
              with the openness of ct to do naturalization plus the fact that basketball is a small man game nowadays, being thin in ceiling should be the least of ct concerns..they still produce tall and athletic wings, the problem arises if youre top slasher is below 6 feet..
              It's not as simple as one would think.

Naturalization - Chinese Taipei federation is willing but who is willing to give up their citizenship to play for Taiwan in FIBA's new windows? Quincy Davis took a huge risk financially for his family to play in 2013. CTBA is willing to offer compensation on an agreed contract, but they won't help you establish your livelihood and welfare long after you've hanged up your TPE jersey.

Chinese Taipei needs bigmen regardless if they have a naturalized player at center. The critical spots must be filled are at the backup center positions, PF rotations and SF where they have trouble replacing old reliables like Tseng Wen-Ting, Tien Lei, Wu Tai-Hao and Tsai Wen-Tseng. Chou Yi-Hsiang is a shaky proposition while Kevin Hu will need more seasoning to grow.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

I have noticed a player Tseng Hsiang-chun (205cm, 1998) who's not bad.
                Someone read my post! Tseng Hsiang-chun called up to the "A" NT which leaves for Australia this week for some friendlies. According to local reports, he's the youngest player named to the "A" NT in recent years.

Also joining the NT are point guard Su I-chieh and veteran shooter Lu Cheng-ju. Tseng Wen-ting is still uncertain about playing.
                Last edited by sinobball; 06-21-2017, 10:58 PM.
                aim low, score high

Comment

Someone read my post! Tseng Hsiang-chun called up to the "A" NT [/B]which leaves for Australia this week for some friendlies. According to local reports, he's the youngest player named to the "A" NT in recent years.

Also joining the NT are point guard Su I-chieh and veteran shooter Lu Cheng-ju. Tseng Wen-ting is still uncertain about playing.
                  Lol, dont know him

Comment

Yup the guy is like a young tseng weng ting long tall can shoot threes although i still think a lot 6'5 ballets in taiwan who is more fit to small ball things..

Comment

Quincy Davis is out of the lineup for FIBA Asia Cup due to a recurring injury. CTBA is optimistic that Davis will be available in November qualification games.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Quincy Davis is out of the lineup for FIBA Asia Cup due to a recurring injury. CTBA is optimistic that Davis will be available in November qualification games.
                        they really shut him down after the philippines game..

Comment

Chinese Taipei for FIBA Asia Cup

Wu Tai-Hao 6-9
                          Wu Hung-Hsing 6-9
                          Cheng Li-Huan 6-2
                          Chou Po-Hsun 6-7
                          Jiang Yu-an 5-9
                          Lu Cheng-Ju 6-4
                          Hu Long-Mao 6-5
                          Chou Po-Chen 6-7
                          Yu Huan-ya 6-0
                          Chou Yi-Hsian 6-3
                          Liu Cheng 6-4
                          Lin Zhi-Wei 6-8

Comment

No Chen Ying Chun?

I think that kid deserves to be elevated in the national team-A the way he played in the recent Jones Cup. He seems better than those point guards of Taiwan's Blue team (national team-A) in the Jones Cup.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                              No Chen Ying Chun?

I think that kid deserves to be elevated in the national team-A the way he played in the recent Jones Cup. He seems better than those point guards of Taiwan's Blue team (national team-A) in the Jones Cup.
                              Sa universiade yata siya which happens in august 20 di siya si Standhardinge ro cruz na kayang mag dpouble duty..

Comment

Congratulations to Chen Ying-Chun and Chou Yi-Hsiang, who will be playing in the CBA soon. Welcome to the Mainland big leagues. As for the SBL, it lost its MVP and a budding star as Chen's path to the CBA will be emulated by many Taiwanese players in the future: Study and Play in the US, play a number of games with the TPE B team and get enlisted to the CBA.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information