Chinese Taipei NT 2016 - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Taipei NT 2016 - 2019

Taiwan Beer head coach Yanchia Hua was named as the coach of the national team for this year's 2016 Jones Cup and the FIBA Asia Challenge. Immediately, after his assignment, Yanchia told the press that he plans to meet with the CTBA, Taiwan's basketball federation in creating a training program for the NT all the way to the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

According to rumors, Quincy Davis is out of the NT picture as the naturalize player and one foreign player being eyed as the new naturalized player is John Florveus, who is 211cm and is only 25 years old. Florveus fits the ideal age that the CTBA wanted earlier for their new naturalize player that can only mature with the team.

Yanchia Hua also hinted that this year's Team A will be younger as opposed to the veteran squad that we have been seeing for a number of years.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Talking about rebuilding, finding a successor to Lin Chih-Chieh and the other ageing guards & swingmen won't be much of a problem. Taiwan, I believe, will never run out of good quality shooting guards & swingmen. But finding replacements for big men Tseng Wen Teng & Tien Lei would be the real problem, in my opinion.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      Talking about rebuilding, finding a successor to Lin Chih-Chieh and the other ageing guards & swingmen won't be much of a problem. Taiwan, I believe, will never run out of good quality shooting guards & swingmen. But finding replacements for big men Tseng Wen Teng & Tien Lei would be the real problem, in my opinion.
      True. I'm hoping Hu Long Mao can fill the void for the 4 Position, sure thing it will be a hell of a task.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing a battle between Lin Ting-chien and Kobe Paras in the future.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeQ View Post
          True. I'm hoping Hu Long Mao can fill the void for the 4 Position, sure thing it will be a hell of a task.
          What's Hu Long Mao's height?
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

What's Hu Long Mao's height?
            He is 6"6

Comment

Jeff Wu will be bringing his Sacramento State team to Taiwan for the 2016 Jones Cup!! Very exciting!!
              Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
              We The North

Comment

Just read that Wen-Ting, Tien Lie, Yang Chin-min, and Liu Cheng will banner the 15-man list for their WJC to FIBA Asia Challenge campaign. Are there any news with their reinforcement/naturalized?

My bets for the other spots are:

Forward:
                Chou Po-Chen
                Hu Long-mao
                Chou Yi-Hsiang
                Lin Chih-wei
                Lu Cheng-Ju

Guard:
                Chen Ying-Chun
                Jet Chang
                Peng Chun-Yeng

There still lots of talents out there. It's just that the names are so !@#$%^ hard to memorize. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeQ View Post

There still lots of talents out there. It's just that the names are so !@#$%^ hard to memorize. haha.
                  Ive lived here for 8 years and even i have a hard time memorizing the names!!!
                  i remember last names, or nick names... but rarely full names.
                  We The North

Comment

Originally posted by k-j View Post
                    He is 6"6
                    Not a bad size for a "stretch-4" in the Asian level. I've seen him play for the Taiwanese developmental team (or national team-B) in the 2014 FIBA-Asia Cup where Taiwan placed a strong 2nd behind Iran. I think he did well in that tournament averaging 7.7 pts./game. But since then I haven't seen him play for either Taiwan national team A or B in the Jones Cup or last year's FIBA Asia Championship.

I wonder why he has yet to break into the Taiwanese national team A roster considering that veteran big men like Tien Lei & Tseng Wen Ting are not getting any younger. I mean Hu Long Mao is already 24. He should be ripe for the Taiwanese national "elite" team already. He needs international game experience.

Comment

Not a bad size for a "stretch-4" in the Asian level. I've seen him play for the Taiwanese developmental team (or national team-B) in the 2014 FIBA-Asia Cup where Taiwan placed a strong 2nd behind Iran. I think he did well in that tournament averaging 7.7 pts./game. But since then I haven't seen him play for either Taiwan national team A or B in the Jones Cup or last year's FIBA Asia Championship.

I wonder why he has yet to break into the Taiwanese national team A roster considering that veteran big men like Tien Lei & Tseng Wen Ting are not getting any younger. I mean Hu Long Mao is already 24. He should be ripe for the Taiwanese national "elite" team already. He needs international game experience.
                      He played on TPE Team B Last 2014 WJC. I like the guy, I see him as Ranidel De Ocampo of Taiwan. Haha.

I read an article about him and state that he will try his luck in Australia & *I forgot the other one*, before entering SBL.

Comment

I don' thing Hu is the answer for Chinese Taipei NT power forward.He is too short and not fast enough,the most important he is only 6'5 without shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by zonglin View Post
                          I don' thing Hu is the answer for Chinese Taipei NT power forward.He is too short and not fast enough,the most important he is only 6'5 without shoes.
                          Then who do you think can get the job done? From Last SBL Season, there are quite guys for the spot but haven't seen a promising one.

Comment

John Florveus at 211cm runs the floor very well and can shoot the mid-range with a high release. Really improved since his playing days in the Japanese league with Tokyo Cinqreves where he was strictly a post player. We'll see him in the Jones Cup.
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                              John Florveus at 211cm runs the floor very well and can shoot the mid-range with a high release. Really improved since his playing days in the Japanese league with Tokyo Cinqreves where he was strictly a post player. We'll see him in the Jones Cup.
                              I hope he has a high rebounding rate and change block shots, because that will be his main goal. Essentially an SBL import for the national team.
                              We The North

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information