LKL finals 2015- 2016 : Zalgiris vs Neptunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LKL finals 2015- 2016 : Zalgiris vs Neptunas

Zalgiris starts with a comfortable win in game one at home - 83 :72. One could say,that Neptunas went hand in hand for 37 minutes,one could say that Zalgiris never looked back after getting 11 point advantage at the end of the second quarter. Latter statement is true description of what really happened in the game,but ... finals,you got to keep it entertaining yourself because of what have become of total Zalgiris domination in local front for the last 5 or 6 years.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Regarding players - Jankunas domination is a total surprise for me. In a similar way like Bourousis , he had this leap in quality . At the age of 31. The leap where he went from being a solid performer to a star player. I would not be surprised if they shared the same doctor. Jokes aside,my brother in law said that he saw him quite a few times running ,alone as in no teammates around,in Azuolinas park. Dedication ,nothing less. I hope he can sign a very lucrative contract away like Turkey,where he can enjoy his pay and family.
    But I feel that more remarkable story is Girdziunas .If Jankunas was a bit dormant in his game, this guy just leaped 10 levels in a few years. I liked him last year, but this time around he is playing even better. He was in NT camp last,only to be sent home after few days. I am not saying he is an answer to our backcourt problems, but he is that close ,with a few games in finals to make his bid this time.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      Regarding players - Jankunas domination is a total surprise for me.
      It's total surprise for me to read that Jankunas domination was total surprise for you Especially remembering how he played in EL, where he was one of the best PFs. Also he is in great shape in play-offs. Neptunas simply doesn't have anything to offer against him. Luckily Jankunas signed new 4 years deal last summer and planned to finish his career here, so hope he won't leave. But who knows, there're always Russian, Turkish clubs with full bags of money.
      Also it was good to see Javtokas back, he looked really fine after missing almost half year without bball. Randle had great game. Sadly our NT candidates dissapointed.
      Overall, quite boring game for the final, but it was hard to expect anything else after that exhausting series Neptunas had vs Rytas. I hope they will give more fight in Klaipeda

Comment

I guess the second game will decide the end of the series. If Neptunas wont win or wont even give a fight for Zalgiris, then they will probalby get swept.
        Thats the worst thing that could happen. Then we could not talk about the 3rd "grand" in LKL... We would have to talk that the league got weaker to an extent because Rytas is just a mediocer team now.

Comment

Robertas Javtokas is back from his injury I see. That will present Coach Kazlauskas with another option/choice at backup center and thus an additional problem. Javtokas, Antanas Kavaliauskas, Darjuš Lavrinovič, there's room for no more than two of these fellows on the team.

Comment

Taking into account game place and health/injury -11 is quite impressive

Grant (eyelid ) and Butkevicius (shin) are questionable for next game

(Holy patronisation!)
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              It's total surprise for me to read that Jankunas domination was total surprise for you Especially remembering how he played in EL, where he was one of the best PFs. Also he is in great shape in play-offs. Neptunas simply doesn't have anything to offer against him. Luckily Jankunas signed new 4 years deal last summer and planned to finish his career here, so hope he won't leave. But who knows, there're always Russian, Turkish clubs with full bags of money.
              Also it was good to see Javtokas back, he looked really fine after missing almost half year without bball. Randle had great game. Sadly our NT candidates dissapointed.
              Overall, quite boring game for the final, but it was hard to expect anything else after that exhausting series Neptunas had vs Rytas. I hope they will give more fight in Klaipeda
              Yeah,i meant whole season for Jankunas,not a single game. I can not help but think that these days you take everything literally ,without ,you know,getting it. Alas, i do same thing ,so... Zalgiris is known to accept buy outs , either due to its fragile budget ,or to its policy of not interfering with players wishes.
              Pocius, Gudaitis ? ,Kalnietis ,Milaknis ? - all left the team in good terms ,with Zalgiris coffer getting decent compensations . So if there is an offer for in form/demand player like Jankunas,who still has 3 more years left on his contract. I would say we are looking at least for 250k pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                Yeah,i meant whole season for Jankunas,not a single game. I can not help but think that these days you take everything literally ,without ,you know,getting it. Alas, i do same thing ,so... Zalgiris is known to accept buy outs , either due to its fragile budget ,or to its policy of not interfering with players wishes.
                Pocius, Gudaitis ? ,Kalnietis ,Milaknis ? - all left the team in good terms ,with Zalgiris coffer getting decent compensations . So if there is an offer for in form/demand player like Jankunas,who still has 3 more years left on his contract. I would say we are looking at least for 250k pay off.
                Well, it's hard to understand you differently, when we were discussing it in LKL final thread, right after Jankunas had an amazing performance Anyway, such misunderstandings happens, it's forum, not real life chat. Regarding buy-out, it's possible of course. Jankunas didn't plan to leave Kaunas and was eager to stay here till the end of his career, but you can never know. If some very lucrative offer will come, you can't reject, he might change his mind. But it should be really good one. If that will happen I just hope that buy-out in his deal is much higher than 250k. Guy is backbone of the club in every way possible, so to lose him for such money would be stupid

Comment

Today Zalgiris will go down in Svyturio arena ! mark my words

Comment

Neptunas is rolling over Zalgiris. Really great to see team fighting with such energy, while Zalgiris felt asleep since very beginning, maybe Grant's wedding proposal to his gf right before the game made a trick Great kick into some asses

Comment

As expected Neptunas showed toughness and fighters spirit at home, Girdziunas and Ewing controlled the game. It's not like Neptunas had a bad game in Kaunas, I expect there will be close games in Zalgiris' arena as well. Zalgiris wil grab it eventually, but I wouldn't be much surprised to see 7 games.

That second commentator next to Kunigelis though He is actually gifted commentator, but his emotions, laughing today, I mean that's not some teenagers party, you're still online...
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well Im sold. Im rooting for Neptunas in this series. They deserve to be champions this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                          Today Zalgiris will go down in Svyturio arena ! mark my words
                          Boy, great call! They really did.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Boy, great call! They really did.

I know my teams character they got zero respect in our media after one bad game in kaunas,when they fought like lions in 5 game serries against Rytas.I just felt in Klaipeda its gonna be diffrent ball game,ofcourse i didnt expect such win

Girdziunas is schooling Lukutis so far in both games...

Comment

Lukutis? Is he the water boy or smething?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information