AJ Edu thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
    Just some information for this topic.The kid leaves in Cyprus where he grew up(Don't know it he was born there too) and he already played for the U-16 team of Cyrpus.No idea if they're going to be call him up to the senior team at the future.
    Did he, really? No record of him or of Cyprus competing in the 2014 U16 Division C tournament. Wales played, but he wasn't in the roster. Maybe he played in a non-FIBA tournament.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

AJ Edu played this season two games with the jersey of the Cyprus NT U16 and was awesome, both games were against the Greek NT and he was the MVP of the game, other than that though.... nothing..

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
        Did he, really? No record of him or of Cyprus competing in the 2014 U16 Division C tournament. Wales played, but he wasn't in the roster. Maybe he played in a non-FIBA tournament.

Yes.Some weeks before the tournament I read a report referring to the "new Giannis Antetokounmpo" meaning he is exactly a similar case like him( born and raised there from immigrant paretns etc).Also they were mentioning that "if the things 'll go as planned and he receives citizenship on time,we'll see him soon with the senior team" (meaning the NT of Cyprus)
        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Yes.Some weeks before the tournament I read a report referring to the "new Giannis Antetokounmpo" meaning he is exactly a similar case like him( born and raised there from immigrant paretns etc).Also they were mentioning that "if the things 'll go as planned and he receives citizenship on time,we'll see him soon with the senior team" (meaning the NT of Cyprus)
          I think there is an exemption to that since it is just under 16. From what I know after playing for under 16 you can still choose were you want to play. Dual citizenship is entitled to that.

Anyway I'm not sure, but I think Samahan Basketball ng Pilipinas SBP already know what they are doing and he already has a passport at early age. so I think it's good to go for Pilipinas national team stint.
          sigpic

Comment

So I guess the SBP has already beaten Cyprus to the draw, with Edu's Philippine passport and everything.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
              So I guess the SBP has already beaten Cyprus to the draw, with Edu's Philippine passport and everything.

Honestly I have never watched him playing,Cyprus is nowhere near to Europe's top teams.They don't have a name to attract him,however receiving at European passport is beneficial for them if he ever plays professionally at Europe.But after all wouldn't be surprised if he plays for them.I think you shouldn't take it for granted.
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Good thing that he might play for my countries national team. But I want him to play professionally or college in Europe Euro league or USA NCAA so he can get better from stronger competition.
                sigpic

Comment

it'll be a bad option if he opted to play for ADMU..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    it'll be a bad option if he opted to play for ADMU..
                    Financially it will help his family. But for his basketball skills development it will be bad since he will be force to play center instead of his potential to be a ala Giannis Antekompu, a small forward. And Ateneo will always focus on UAAP and we will have a hard time in getting his services for the national team for a long time. We need his services at an early stage, maybe three years from now he can be part of senior team. since our national team lacks the ceiling to be competitive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Uggh please dont settle for uaap or ph college for that matter. He won't be able to play sf playing with a bunch of 5'8 to 6'4 players

Comment

AJ's goal is to play in a US NCAA div I college, i have a pathway that can get him there, which actually is the best pathway if playing in the NBA is the goal (which it is for AJ). I can understand however why the SBP through it's sponsor (MVP ) would like to secure his availability to Gilas by an arrangement with a local school ( e.g. Ateneo). this is a though one, from a financial security standpoint (like Parks and NU with the Sy's) and Gilas availability , playing locally makes sense. but from a career development / NBA goal prospective the US college system is the way to go. Here is the thing , Gilas has already been rejected by a US college when they asked for his release. So not sure what Gilas appetite is for risking a similar situation. You know what my advise would be ( US route) not sure my advise sit well with the powers that be however
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

They can do a japhet. Stay for a year or two in uaap or ncaa to mature, then move to the US. Risky, sure. Still an option.
                          WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                          SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            AJ's goal is to play in a US NCAA div I college, i have a pathway that can get him there, which actually is the best pathway if playing in the NBA is the goal (which it is for AJ). I can understand however why the SBP through it's sponsor (MVP ) would like to secure his availability to Gilas by an arrangement with a local school ( e.g. Ateneo). this is a though one, from a financial security standpoint (like Parks and NU with the Sy's) and Gilas availability , playing locally makes sense. but from a career development / NBA goal prospective the US college system is the way to go. Here is the thing , Gilas has already been rejected by a US college when they asked for his release. So not sure what Gilas appetite is for risking a similar situation. You know what my advise would be ( US route) not sure my advise sit well with the powers that be however
                            please sir analyzed. lead him to a Div1 school and not a PH school. if you are successfull, DT might probably start loving you
                            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

If he's going to a Jesuit school, preferably it should be a place called Georgetown.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                                If he's going to a Jesuit school, preferably it should be a place called Georgetown.
                                i would prefer him going to Creighton. please sir analyzed. make it happen.
                                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information