AJ Edu thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    As what some posters here observe, Japeth is more athletic than AJ. But I think AJ has the better lateral movements & mobility. I think AJ can defend small forwards at times - something I think Japeth cannot do. I also think that AJ despite his lanky frame has some toughness to absorbed contact & can somehow bang bodies with bigs in the US NCAA. Japeth on the other hand relies mainly on his sheer athleticism on defense which sometimes has some drawback as he has the tendency to easily bite fakes. As a poster here puts it like (not the exact words), "talon lang kasi ng talon si Japeth".
    But the much hyped up dribbling ability is nowhere to be seen... Even in the last fiba asia. Sa dribbling, ganun parang japeth din lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
      But the much hyped up dribbling ability is nowhere to be seen... Even in the last fiba asia. Sa dribbling, ganun parang japeth din lang.
      He tried to drive and pass. He should have just shot it.

Comment

• Edu is the future capela but with an outside shot

Comment

• lol you dont want giy like edu to dribble..last thing youwant him to do
          for now ..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

That is because DDO sucks. Dribble Drive Offense is not good for skilled big men. That it why he has not displayed his full repertoire of talent in the last Fiba Asia U18. But still, he was very effective in tge last Fiba Asia U18 that is why we are qualified for U19 WC.

In England, if you watch some of the old videos of him, he can drive and has good dribbling skills. He has nice Euro step and side step moves.

But don't expect a Greek Freak type of a player, he is more of a Kevin Garnett style. He has good drop step and pivot moves.
            Last edited by yogaflame; 11-14-2018, 10:51 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

The context of the games he's played so far doesn't allow for that, he's not only a rookie but taller than his defender and yes playing 5. He would be benched if tried dribbling under these circumstances
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

I beg your pardon

U expect AJ to immediately display his dribbling prowess right on his rookie year in an NCAA Div. 1 competition? Please take note that AJ isn't the showboating type of a player. He plays exactly what his coaches instruct him to do without any fanfare. You know naman the common tendencies of Pinoy coaches everytime the bigs get the rebound or steal the ball, they will tell the bigs, "Ibigay mo sa point guard yung bola & let him handle the ball down court.That may explain why we haven't seen AJ doing court to court dribble during his stint with Batang Gilas U-18 team some months ago.

Maybe you expected AJ to play like Magic Johnson. I think nobody here harped about AJ being a super dribbler whose handles are comparable to that of a point guard. What posters here (which includes me) have said is that for a big guy, AJ's dribbling skills is very impressive.

"Sa dribbling, ganun parang japeth din lang." It made my day.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• he is not cs who is makapal ang mukha when it comes to dribbling the ball... or as nimble as blatche or samuel who showcase behind the back dribble in games heheh
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• at 1:53 & 2:01

Parang si Japeth din lang!
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• In short limited time, aj edu played well against wright state. 2 blocks, good overall defense (post defense, weakside defender, closing out)
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        As what some posters here observe, Japeth is more athletic than AJ. But I think AJ has the better lateral movements & mobility. I think AJ can defend small forwards at times - something I think Japeth cannot do. I also think that AJ despite his lanky frame has some toughness to absorbed contact & can somehow bang bodies with bigs in the US NCAA. Japeth on the other hand relies mainly on his sheer athleticism on defense which sometimes has some drawback as he has the tendency to easily bite fakes. As a poster here puts it like (not the exact words), "talon lang kasi ng talon si Japeth".
                        I agree, Japeth can jump out of the gym while Edu is just an average in terms of vertical leap but in terms of skills, AJ got the upperhand. AJ is better post, wing and pick and roll defender than Japeth but Japeth is the better shotblocker and help defender. In offense, AJ got the upperhand in terms of fundamental of basketball over Japeth..

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          In short limited time, aj edu played well against wright state. 2 blocks, good overall defense (post defense, weakside defender, closing out)
                          This happened during the first half. I felt he did a very good job on that 3-minute span where he changed shots and accumulated 2 blocks. I thought with that showing he'll get some playing time. But then again, the coach opted for the more experienced guys. Wright by the way is favored to go all the way in this conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                            he is not cs who is makapal ang mukha when it comes to dribbling the ball... or as nimble as blatche or samuel who showcase behind the back dribble in games heheh

Definitely a team player,he's the kind that would strictly follow what he was told to do.As of now his position a post C/PF so not much call for dribbling,its a catch post and shoot,nothing fancy,if it works for the coach and the team,then we will see more of the same stuff from AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by kamokamo View Post
                              This happened during the first half. I felt he did a very good job on that 3-minute span where he changed shots and accumulated 2 blocks. I thought with that showing he'll get some playing time. But then again, the coach opted for the more experienced guys. Wright by the way is favored to go all the way in this conference.
                              his offense will eventually come.. as long as he plays quality minutes and plays good solid defense, he’ll be fine..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Can't wait for the World Championships when Kai and Aj, the Philippine Eclipse, return.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information