AJ Edu thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    he really looks 6'6.. almost all nba forwards are long and strong now.. giannis.. tatum.. kawhi lebron..like dyke he was. built liek atank and stronger among his peers in high school and even tagged n asian u18 level..thats why emphasis yun shooting because he need it to survive the nba and for dyke to emulate his game
    But what makes Zion special is he can move like a guard at 270 lbs. He’s essentially a walking freight train. Having watched Dyke, he’s an undersized forward with big bodies but that’s where the comparison really stops. Zion has better ball handling ability can pass in transition really well not to mention the leaping and power he can put into his dunks. Dyke needs to try to learn to be a Calvin abueva type of forward if he wants to make it in the pba. Be more aggresive and active.

Comment

• Talking about Dyke, he had a breakout game for La Salle. I s he improving his perimeter game? With that he has a good chance in the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        the real question is why the heck are we talking about zion in an AJ Edu thread?

Yeah. Is there a Toledo vs Duke in the coming months? I don't think there is, unless Toledo marches on to the NCAA Tournament as the 64th seed, where they will play the projected No. 1 seed Duke

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
          Ceiling: Charles Barkley
          Flooring: Larry Johnson
          Worst: Robert 'Tractor" Traylor
          How about a Draymond Green?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
            I think after 2 or 3 yrs with toledo, he will be their best player in this team.. he can be projected atleast 2nd rounder in the nba..
            To premature to be talking about the NBA, but this early I can see him getting contacts in Europe and as an import. In the Australian NBL.
            Because of his association to Asia and Europe (may have a passport for both continents) he can conceivably play as a restricted player (European import or Asian import. classification in those pro. Leagues), from a financial perspective with a retainers fee from. Sbp (like Blatche), he can be looking at earning close to Blatche or Marcus level
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

I think after 2 or 3 yrs with toledo, he will be their best player in this team.. he can be projected atleast 2nd rounder in the nba..
              Just temper the expectation on aj edu.. enjoy the ride on aj edu.. we know what happens when people expecting too much on pinoys in us ncaa (japeth, kobe)

And some members here should have know about that..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                Just temper the expectation on aj edu.. enjoy the ride on aj edu.. we know what happens when people expecting too much on pinoys in us ncaa (japeth, kobe)

If he become a good defensive player in NCAA, i will be satisfied with that.
                sigpic

Comment

• thats why a great burn in the upcoming games for toledo is already a victory.. to be fair kobe paras played in a excellent basketball program in creighton
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

I used to be a beliber
                    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                      the real question is why the heck are we talking about zion in an AJ Edu thread?
                      forgot to ask about that as well
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I'd be happy to see him contribute consistent double-double numbers every game.NBA will always be there, the next target is to take the Philippine senior men's team to the world stage again.
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                          I'd be happy to see him contribute consistent double-double numbers every game.NBA will always be there, the next target is to take the Philippine senior men's team to the world stage again.
                          3 players having three different training paths to better themselves; all 3 having access to the GILAS national team, shall be our future 3-Aces. Now, if Parks will be given the opportunity to play in future Gilas games, and KOBE be like a matured japhet in his 30s in terms of mentality, then we have the future FAB 5 of Gilas come 2023!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                            3 players having three different training paths to better themselves; all 3 having access to the GILAS national team, shall be our future 3-Aces. Now, if Parks will be given the opportunity to play in future Gilas games, and KOBE be like a matured japhet in his 30s in terms of mentality, then we have the future FAB 5 of Gilas come 2023!!
                            Parks needs to be in the PBA and make his presence know right away.He would be a decent sized shooting guard but he needs to be at par or maybe even better than the likes of Matthew Wright and Marcio Lassiter nothing less in the PBA.Parks does not possess the speed of a true point guard that's why he should need to be more consistent in shooting and take more off guard chores.Like Paras, he needs to become a better defender as well.We need all the two way players we could get since the opposition are getting taller and better by the minute. My fab 5 would be Kai,Aj,Kobe,JC and Remy.

Comment

• Gilas FAB 5

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              My fab 5 would be Kai,Aj,Kobe,JC and Remy.
                              Parks being able to play in the G-League 2 consecutive years means he is really a capable player. I don't think marcio or wright could've done that.
                              Parks unconvincing plays in the NT is more mental than anything. In a way, he is like japhet - still lacks the mental confidence to belong (am pertaining to japhet's early gilas days). If Parks had the mentality of a standhardinger, I think he would have been a shoo-in since the first time he joined GILAS, REGARDLESS of whether he had joined the PBA or not.

As to JC and REMY, i did not choose them because, for me, in the next 5 yrs, its like a long shot to believe that those two can be eligible for GILAS in important games. Whereas, PANOPIO and PARKS seems to be realistic.

Either way, both fab 5 options would be great for GILAS.

With that, who do you think should be the next 7 players?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                                Parks being able to play in the G-League 2 consecutive years means he is really a capable player. I don't think marcio or wright could've done that.
                                Parks unconvincing plays in the NT is more mental than anything. In a way, he is like japhet - still lacks the mental confidence to belong (am pertaining to japhet's early gilas days). If Parks had the mentality of a standhardinger, I think he would have been a shoo-in since the first time he joined GILAS, REGARDLESS of whether he had joined the PBA or not.

As to JC and REMY, i did not choose them because, for me, in the next 5 yrs, its like a long shot to believe that those two can be eligible for GILAS in important games. Whereas, PANOPIO and PARKS seems to be realistic.

Either way, both fab 5 options would be great for GILAS.

With that, who do you think should be the next 7 players?
                                that's another player in mind, although I think Kiefer is still at his peak by that time, Panopio may be another options with his experience in playing in Europe.Another Ravena in my mind would be Thirdy. I think it would be better if Thirdy should develop his dribbling and passing skills and play the point guard position(in my opinion).At 6'2-6'3 he'll be a good sized very athletic point guard.Juan Gomez De Liano is another option in the point guard spot. The only problem with Ravena and JGDL is that they are not pure point guards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information