No announcement yet.

Canadian NT 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamal Murray is thinking of joining Canada team for OQT if his contract with the Nuggets is finalized on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
      Jamal Murray is thinking of joining Canada team for OQT if his contract with the Nuggets is finalized on time.
      Ya it was noted earlier today. No idea the odds of it happening though. He would be a nice add. We are really weak on the wings and he would help cover for that. We lack some scoring talent with Nicholson, Olynyk, Wiggins, Lyles out (any one of them would be a huge help). I can see us going long stretches struggling to score with this current roster. Especially if the guards shots aren't falling.

Comment

• Decent win against PR today. Canada was able to work Cory Joseph into this game which was great to see. But still started Ennis/Heslip/T Scrubb/Ejim/Bennett with CoJo, P. Scrubb, Khem Birch getting most of the minutes off the bench.

Some tinkering with line-ups and rotation and they seemed better for long stretches with Birch, CoJo, P Scrubb in there over a couple of the starters (T Scrubb, Heslip). It will be interesting whose minutes TT will be replacing. Birch/Ejim/Bennett all seem to be playing fairly well and bring something to the table in their own way. TT is most similar to Birch so he may be most effected unfortunately. I think we need the potential offense that Ejim and Bennett can bring.

We still have a big deficiency at SF (although T Scrubb is doing an admirable job), but we did run some significant minutes with a three guard line up (Ennis, CoJo, Scrubb together) as some fans were hoping to see and also a few minutes with Ejim at SF.

Hoping CoJo starts over Heslip at SG soon. Despite 20 points from Heslip today, he doesn't do much besides outside shooting. Great off the bench but maybe not the best starter we can have out there. However, he did come in a few times and immediately hit a three, along with a late game three that sealed the win. He sure can shoot. Was really hoping Eniss and CoJo would be on the floor together and we did see that allot even though that was not the starting lineup.

Great game by Melvin Ejim today with 22 points / 13 rebounds (6 offensive).

And more hope for Canadian fans seeing Ajinca cut today by France. Our relative undersize is not as huge a problem anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
          Jamal Murray is thinking of joining Canada team for OQT if his contract with the Nuggets is finalized on time.
          Originally posted by Svoura View Post
          Do they Canadians realize that the games start in 6 days?
          Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
          Yes...good point. But continuity and integrated team play is not really our strong suite. I think part of our strategy is to put more talent on the floor and hope it over comes the better teamwork, cohesion of our opponents. It may be the only way we can compete. A mini version of the USA I suppose.
          Actually I'm concerned about all these late walk-ons as well. I think the Canadian U17 team might have reached the final had R.J. Barrett been with the team all along.

Comment

• At the end Murray will join the team?

which are most possible final 12?

Comment

• Thompson made it to Manila:
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• I don't know about the wisdom of adding the last minute pre-tournament walk-ons to the team. Sure they're really talented, but Team Canada has been looking pretty good in friendlies and I'm afraid last minute additions will upset the chemistry of the team.

Here anyway is my final assessment of the odds of winning the Manila group:

France ~ 60%
                Canada ~ 20%
                Turkey ~ 10%
                Philippines ~ 7%
                New Zealand ~ 3%
                Senegal ~ 0%

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information