Dunk at 305cm(problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunk at 305cm(problem)

Guys hi i'm new in the forum...i'm 14 years old and 6'1ft . jumping from where I can touch the 300cm. Also if i run fast and jump i can touch the 320cm but when i take the ball and trying to dunk i always fail. what should i do about solve this problem help me !

Originally posted by shintaro View Post
    Guys hi i'm new in the forum...i'm 14 years old and 6'1ft . jumping from where I can touch the 300cm. Also if i run fast and jump i can touch the 320cm but when i take the ball and trying to dunk i always fail. what should i do about solve this problem help me !
    First you take a tennis ball and try to learn to dunk with a small ball like that. It helps with ball control. Once you are good with that, take a bigger ball and work your way up to a regular size basketball.

In order to increase your vertical, you should focus on plyometric type of exercises for vertical leap. Do these type of exercises for one summer and you will get 10-20cm on your vertical easy at that age.

You can find many more on youtube, just type in "plyometric exercises vertical jump"

Comment

320cm is a good height to be at! The reason that you are failing could be multiple things, you may need a few more inches on your vertical or your hand strength is too low. I remember when i felt like I was above the rim and still could not make the ball go down. You can improve your jumping technique, by doing this will increase your vertical by 2-6 inches. I can leave a link that will help with this https://basketballmentality.com/vert...ump-technique/

You can also join a jump program too, these program focus on increasing your vertical, I know one that can increase your vertical by 9 inches easily. You will be slamming with this one in a few weeks. I can leave a link to a review i found so you can check it out. https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/ this program focus on body weights exercises so no need for a gym

Hope this helps and you are dunking very soon
      Get a free book to increase your vertical by 4 inches https://vericaljump.gr8.com/

Comment

You could definitely do a few things.

First, you could simply work on increasing your vertical jump. I'd imagine you've already worked on your vertical quite a bit (likely indirectly) but you're going to want to focus on implementing both plyometric and weight training exercises to your workout sessions. These two types of exercises work well in tandem and can likely net you that increase in jump height that you're looking for (if you're unfamiliar with either type of exercise, here is a good article on jumping higher that summarizes everything nicely).

In the case that you're fairly far in with an already developed vertical and don't really know how to go about structuring your training sessions, meals, and rest days, then you could just as easily take a look at jump programs to fill that gap. This page goes over the two best jump programs, but I recommend you do your research and read up on the various options available. My personal recommendation is to go with this program.

Second, and probably more importantly, is that the reason you're aren't dunking could simply be a matter of your form and technique. The fix here is in practicing on a lower rim with a tennis ball since in this manner you nullify the two variables holding you back (height difference and ball handling) and focus strictly on technique. Then it's a matter of progressing a larger sized ball (volleyball, soccer ball) until you reach the basketball. Once you can comfortably dunk with a basketball, now slowly increase the height of the rim until you reach 10 ft. If you feel as though another part of your dunking form is off, here is a helpful page you can refer to.
        https://ballamazingly.com/

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information