Page 667 of 685 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,340 of 13696

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

  1. #13321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    yes, that is also how I see Kai. This is not hyping but Kai's tear drop/sneaky pushshot would be almost unstoppable.
    And he can do it with left and right with ease. That's the one advantage of Kai that he can use against other centers. He's the only player that I saw who has a soft touch using left and right hand. I saw other players who are also ambidextrous but most of them can only use both their hands on layups. They can occasionaly use both hands on floaters but you can clearly see that the other hand is not good as their natural hand. Unlike if you watch Kai for the first time, you will never know if he's a right handed or a lefty. You will just notice it if he when he is taking a jumpshot. He can also pivot left and right and shoot a jumphook. Even hakeem hookshots were using his right. Hakeem when using his right pivot he is taking a jumpshot, he can only use the hookshot when pivoting left. But Kai can do it with both hands.
    Last edited by spidey102279; 10-01-2020 at 11:36 AM.

  2. #13322
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    56
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    And he can do it with left and right with ease. That's the one advantage of Kai that he can use against other centers. He's the only player that I saw who has a soft touch using left and right hand. I saw other players who are also ambidextrous but most of them can only use both their hands on layups. They can occasionaly use both hands on floaters but you can clearly see that the other hand is not good as their natural hand. Unlike if you watch Kai for the first time, you will never know if he's a right handed or a lefty. You will just notice it if he when he is taking a jumpshot.
    Spot-on!haha That is why I'm so thrilled with Kai. He is really too skilled and his Bball IQ is off the charts. His being ambidextrous, soft touch, very fluid stroke and plethora of move is jaw dropping for a 7'2 player. Im excited with his upcoming Gleague stint. He has a lot to gain than the other ones. Expectation is not that high on Kai, but I am confident he will be decent. A decent showing would mean he will be 1st rounder. Exceptional showing would possibly set him as a lottery pick.

  3. #13323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    yes, that is also how I see Kai. This is not hyping but Kai's tear drop/sneaky pushshot would be almost unstoppable.



    Look at this video where Kareem is teaching. When he pivot's left he prefer taking a jump hook, when he pivot right he prefers taking a jump shot. Most of this is using his right hand. Compare it to Kai's training with Rob Mac.

  4. #13324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default



    Look at this clip. Kai is shooting hooks either when he is pivoting left or right. I dont think their is a center that can shoot hooks with at ease using both hands.

  5. #13325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    The only thing that will keep Kai on the bench is his lack of aggressiveness on the defensive end and his motor. If he happens to improve those aspect, I dont see why Kai will not be in a rotation in the NBA. BTW, Jokic defense sucks but he is still playing heavy minutes because of his offensive skills and bball IQ.

  6. #13326
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    56
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I have observe that with Erik Menk before but Kai's version is smoother and more effortless. That is why I dont believe that Kai wont be drafted. He is too good a prospect for teams not to gamble on him. His bball IQ is also too high not to figure things. If he will play with a cerebral coach, then he would be greatly utilize. I don't believe in a supposed trending system. A good coach should adjust his system to his personnel. PH should maximize using our bigs these days. We should not hire a coach who wont know how to use Kai and all our other bigs. This emergence of bigs is unprecedented we should not waste this opportunity.

    Kai should just play center on the defensive end. It's harder to defend PFs and Kai could definitely alter shots so Center on the defensive end would be ideal.

  7. #13327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,959
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I am positive Kai can be drafted in nba.

    The question is how long can he stay.

    Because it is so dependent on a lot of factors like injuries, team fit, playing time,etc.

  8. #13328
    Senior Member Juan Lun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    493
    Country: Japan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I am positive Kai can be drafted in nba.

    The question is how long can he stay.

    Because it is so dependent on a lot of factors like injuries, team fit, playing time,etc.
    Also what's important is Kai's drive to succeed, hopefully it's just not to make it to the NBA ala Zhou Qi, but to stay in the NBA

  9. #13329
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    56
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kai's target is to be the best in Asia and an Allstar in the NBA. He mentioned it in one of his interviews.

  10. #13330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,355
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Post moves arent as important now for a big.

    Since most teams are going small bigs on offense should be able to shoot over smaller defenders, make them Pay on the offensive glass and pass out of double teams/ pass basically .

    You dont need all that footwork since teams are good at loading the help/ doubling one quick move / quick hook should be good.

  11. #13331
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    His gleague stint should be better than Zhou qi if teams want a better perspective of what to expect from him.

    Whats an advantage for Kai is, he looks comfortable living in the states, is training with the nba in mind and no language barrier.

  12. #13332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    I hope guys like jarrett Jack, tyson chandler,join the ignite team. Vets that played long seasons in the nba and are still playing for the love and are mentors. This will work wonders for Kai.

  13. #13333
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,727
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    I have observe that with Erik Menk before but Kai's version is smoother and more effortless. That is why I dont believe that Kai wont be drafted. He is too good a prospect for teams not to gamble on him. His bball IQ is also too high not to figure things. If he will play with a cerebral coach, then he would be greatly utilize. I don't believe in a supposed trending system. A good coach should adjust his system to his personnel. PH should maximize using our bigs these days. We should not hire a coach who wont know how to use Kai and all our other bigs. This emergence of bigs is unprecedented we should not waste this opportunity.

    Kai should just play center on the defensive end. It's harder to defend PFs and Kai could definitely alter shots so Center on the defensive end would be ideal.
    I think kai will be fine defending against typical European stretch fours. While those shoot well and can dribble, they aren't that quick and athletic. Probably not when we play quicker americas and American teams. Against most African fours, i think he'll do fine as well. I think kai and aj will be interchangeable. But with say junmar or kouame, he'll play 4 for sure
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

  14. #13334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Post moves arent as important now for a big.

    Since most teams are going small bigs on offense should be able to shoot over smaller defenders, make them Pay on the offensive glass and pass out of double teams/ pass basically .

    You dont need all that footwork since teams are good at loading the help/ doubling one quick move / quick hook should be good.
    Nope post moves are still lethal, look at Jokic, AD had a hard time guarding him in the post. It's just he cant do it against Dwight. It's all about the plays. Teams will have a second thought of double teaming Kai in the post because he can easily find the open man with his height and good passing skill.

  15. #13335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,837
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    I am positive Kai can be drafted in nba.

    The question is how long can he stay.

    Because it is so dependent on a lot of factors like injuries, team fit, playing time,etc.
    Depending on team that will draft on him.. If he goes to a team that they not value of a big man likes Rockets then his career will be vanished.. Indiana could be because coach Bayno is in high on him.. I already had a dream that Kai will draft by Pacers at mid first round, Especially that Myles Turner wanted to leave the team.. Screenshot this.. hehehehhehehhehehe...

  16. #13336
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17,491

    Default

    We will have a significant better indication of Kai's NBA draft projections after a month or two into his Ignite G- league season

    The question we should be asking is how will he play for Ignite:

    A. Will he be a key player relied on to finish games in crunch time
    B. or will he be pang start lang and give required minutes only to bench when it matters

    C. or worst yet get to play like just 10 min a game

    depending on how he does will determine if
    A. - will be a 1st round pick B. late 2nd round C. undrafted but maybe signed
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  17. #13337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,837
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    We will have a significant better indication of Kai's NBA draft projections after a month or two into his Ignite G- league season

    The question we should be asking is how will he play for Ignite:

    A. Will he be a key player relied on to finish games in crunch time
    B. or will he be pang start lang and give required minutes only to bench when it matters

    C. or worst yet get to play like just 10 min a game

    depending on how he does will determine if
    A. - will be a 1st round pick B. late 2nd round C. undrafted but maybe signed
    For me, it will be a combination of A & B.. He will be a starter for this Ignite team but don't expect him to be a key player at first, could be ala Zubac or Daniel Theis type of role first, especially of having Green and Kuminga as your primary option...

  18. #13338
    Senior Member Sikatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,044
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I dont expect Kai to be one and done with Ignite. Lets see though, hopefully he excels this year.

  19. #13339
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    I dont expect Kai to be one and done with Ignite. Lets see though, hopefully he excels this year.
    I'm not sure you can play a 2nd year under the G- league select program.

    The reality also is 19 year old's ( born 2002 for 2021 draft) is Kai's draft class and where he is drafted if ever is dependent on NBA teams not Kai's decision. ( the way it works is while you do have to enter the draft officially, the NBA teams will literally tell you to enter if they see you as a prospect, if they don't recommend that you enter , that speaks for itself. Kai simply then needs another year to get better to be considered "draftable " of course every year after his 19 year old draft class his stock goes down ( do note i'm referring to high picks here, not late 2nd round stuff or just being drafted)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  20. #13340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I'm not sure you can play a 2nd year under the G- league select program.

    The reality also is 19 year old's ( born 2002 for 2021 draft) is Kai's draft class and where he is drafted if ever is dependent on NBA teams not Kai's decision. ( the way it works is while you do have to enter the draft officially, the NBA teams will literally tell you to enter if they see you as a prospect, if they don't recommend that you enter , that speaks for itself. Kai simply then needs another year to get better to be considered "draftable " of course every year after his 19 year old draft class his stock goes down ( do note i'm referring to high picks here, not late 2nd round stuff or just being drafted)
    He will apply for the draft, if he gets drafted, he can at the very least get a 2 way contract which will get him more money. As a 2 way contract he can still get exposure in the g league

Page 667 of 685 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •