Page 561 of 585 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 11682

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    You may not like it but Kai’s handlers and Kai himself seem to think that it is worth their time to do that so their call is really what matters. Regarding his training program that is up to the coaches who are also experts in their field so dont you think they know their xs and os better than us? People have corroborated the few videos that were shared about his daily training. Just do a bit of research you’ll see the clips. Training to be the best player is not a sprint it takes years. Give him time to enjoy the experience. It’s all about balance. A huge part of getting in is being noticed, so we should be happy for this kind of media exposure.
    kai's handlers, is in it for the money. the daily training video is how old? im not assuming he is not training twice thrice a day, but you should also not assume he is still training that amount of times, why? because the season has started. lots of travelling and games here and there.

All it will give kai is media exposure, which the pinoys can easily do. he is still a hs kid, so development should be his main priority. he will be recognized no matter what as long as he is playing well.

anyway, thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KOYATURLING View Post
    kai's handlers, is in it for the money. the daily training video is how old? im not assuming he is not training twice thrice a day, but you should also not assume he is still training that amount of times, why? because the season has started. lots of travelling and games here and there.

All it will give kai is media exposure, which the pinoys can easily do. he is still a hs kid, so development should be his main priority. he will be recognized no matter what as long as he is playing well.

Sometimes the media exposure increase your chance to be drafted.

Lonzo ball was drafted 2nd overall because of media. Lamelo.ball is protected at least 3rd overall pick this year because of media.

Don't say they are drafted that high because of talent, they are rotational players at best.

At least Kai can surpass them POTENTIALLY. Hype is ok, just not overhype.

If Kai’s handlers are in it for the money then it is in their best interest to develop him and help him get to the NBA. Do you think Kai is also in it for just the love of the game? Pretty obvious naman ang na point out mo. But that does not mean it’s a bad thing if it motivates you to reach for your goal. Again, who are we to question his training and make assumptions that this media exposure is bad. Miron lang tayo dito. Concerned fans at best. We have no control of what happens on a day to day neither do we know whats in his day to day. If you dont even know the most recent training video then i can understand why you are that way. The only solution there is look it up first before you comment. You may get better assured after watching the clips or the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Sometimes the media exposure increase your chance to be drafted.

Lonzo ball was drafted 2nd overall because of media. Lamelo.ball is protected at least 3rd overall pick this year because of media.

Don't say they are drafted that high because of talent, they are rotational players at best.

At least Kai can surpass them POTENTIALLY. Hype is ok, just not overhype.
    these are just normal circumstance for kai specially with all the hype he is getting as well as the attention he is garnering.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    these are just normal circumstance for kai specially with all the hype he is getting as well as the attention he is garnering.
    Yeah. Good point.

Anyway, these will be Kai's final stretch with tsf. He will need to make a decision in April.

I still believe us ncaa performace and euroleague performance is what matters in terms of nba drafting.

Hope Auburn or Kentuckey will be Kai's destination.

If Kai will be red shirted for a year if he is recruited by a NCAA USA team, i think the best option for him while waiting for eligibility is to be full time with Gilas this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If Kai will be red shirted for a year if he is recruited by a NCAA USA team, i think the best option for him while waiting for eligibility is to be full time with Gilas this year.
    I rather have Kai played profesiinally in euroleague, or g league than red shirted. Being red shirted decreases your draft stock
    Look at Oumar Ballo, he is redshirted. Now he is in the bottom of most mock drafts.

Kai's target is in 2021. He needs to be the best version of himself.

2021 draft class is projected to be one of the strongest and deepest draft

I rather have Kai played profesiinally in euroleague, or g league than red shirted. Being red shirted decreases your draft stock
    Look at Oumar Ballo, he is redshirted. Now he is in the bottom of most mock drafts.

I agree, most of us agree that Euro league is the best option. Play professional, early. Even at least in Australian league, NBL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. I don't think redshirting a player's freshman year does not automatically decreases one's draft stock. Look at Mikal Bridges and Justin Patton; both redshirted their freshman season yet, still ended up being drafted 10th and 16th overall in their respective draft years. Heck, Mikal Bridges even spent 3 playing years in college because they recognized that he still needed to develop his game.

By April, most power colleges already have their recruiting class filled up, and in-case Kai chooses a school that have a log jam at the same position as his, then coaches do really recommend redshirting the freshman year so they could maximize their development and eventual exposure to agents/scouts. I'd rather have him go to college also para nakakapag aral din yung bata.

I know Kai is our closest shot at breaking the barrier for our homegrown talents to make it to the NBA but we really need to be patient with his development. We wouldn't want to throw in an unfinished product just to have the "swagger" of a one-and-done. We shouldn't rush his development either, it might take a toll on the kid physically and mentally. Looking at some of his vids, there are times where he'd look lost because he's probably tired or winded out.

If he's ready for 2021, great and if not, it's okay. I believe he'll make it but it's in due time.

Even before Gonzaga Oumar Ballo was only 1 or 2 spots ahead of Kai on mock drafts, his style of play doesn’t fit the modern nba

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Even before Gonzaga Oumar Ballo was only 1 or 2 spots ahead of Kai on mock drafts, his style of play doesn’t fit the modern nba
    Hmmm. I still believe he has chance to be drafted. Kai and Ballo is almost on the same level now.

Ballo cannot stretch the floor. But neither James wiseman is. And wiseman is projected atleast top 3 in this years draft.

But yeah, Kai has more skills and potential. Kai is a better prospect than ballo now
    Last edited by mathematicianrcg; 02-28-2020 at 01:04 AM.

in fairness to ballo, he is younger than kai

Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    I'm sorry but I beg to differ. I don't think redshirting a player's freshman year does not automatically decreases one's draft stock. Look at Mikal Bridges and Justin Patton; both redshirted their freshman season yet, still ended up being drafted 10th and 16th overall in their respective draft years. Heck, Mikal Bridges even spent 3 playing years in college because they recognized that he still needed to develop his game.

By April, most power colleges already have their recruiting class filled up, and in-case Kai chooses a school that have a log jam at the same position as his, then coaches do really recommend redshirting the freshman year so they could maximize their development and eventual exposure to agents/scouts. I'd rather have him go to college also para nakakapag aral din yung bata.

I know Kai is our closest shot at breaking the barrier for our homegrown talents to make it to the NBA but we really need to be patient with his development. We wouldn't want to throw in an unfinished product just to have the "swagger" of a one-and-done. We shouldn't rush his development either, it might take a toll on the kid physically and mentally. Looking at some of his vids, there are times where he'd look lost because he's probably tired or winded out.

If he's ready for 2021, great and if not, it's okay. I believe he'll make it but it's in due time.
    Hmmm. For me, An asian player will have higher chance to be drafted if they are younger.
    Nba is a little bit racist against asian. Hachimura doesnt count, he is half american.

2021 is the best year to be drafted for Kai. Less Talented big men included.

But I agree with it depends on Kai's draft stock. If he is projected 1st round, he must apply. Otherwise, he shouldnt.

There's a big difference between first round and second round. For ex. The 30th pick is guaranteed a nba contract, and sure to play in nba. The 31st pick may have not a contract, and maybe settles in g league.

Dude, Hachimura is not half-American; his father is Beninese.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    Dude, Hachimura is not half-American; his father is Beninese.
    Ok. But he is still not pure asian.

Thanks for the correction anyway

in fairness to ballo, he is younger than kai
    Sure but I was following Ballo after he first played Kai and based on the outlook that I read from scouts, he’s missing certain tools you’d want from an nba Center, undersized strong body good wingspan but his verticality is questionable and same with his soft touch and range on jumpers. This is why he was also second round in mock drafts despite having dominated the fiba u17 and u19

Just to provide some context Ibou Badji didn’t have as dominant a showing at fiba u19 yet in Nba mock drafts he’s projected to go in the first round. That’s how much scouts look at potential

Ok. But he is still not pure asian.

Thanks for the correction anyway
    and yet he’s the first japanese player to be drafted in nba..

and nba recognize that..

talking about racist.. how ironic

and what’s wrong with not being pure asian?
    Last edited by Silent Killer; 02-28-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    and yet he’s the first japanese player to be drafted in nba..

and nba recognize that..

talking about racist.. how ironic

and what’s wrong with not being pure asian?
    I mean nba doesnt value pure asians the way they value half asians.

For ex. They value hachimura more than watanabe

Just to provide some context Ibou Badji didn’t have as dominant a showing at fiba u19 yet in Nba mock drafts he’s projected to go in the first round. That’s how much scouts look at potential
    Sure. Potential is the one scouts are looking for. Especially for miidle standings teams.

For ex. Miluakee is a middle team in 2013. They drafted based on potential. Thats why they draft Giannis.

Same case with denver and jokic.

And a lot of scouts said Kai has unlimited potential

Page 561 of 585 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571 ... LastLast