Page 463 of 585 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 11683

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Hakeem is the goat for bigs in terms of skills. Shaq maybe the most feared and could be argued as the most dominant big pero pinaiyak yan palagi ni hakeem.hahaha
    where does Yao Ming belong is this list? we has pretty skilled also for 7'5" player with a very good mid range game..

who followed Zhou Qi & Kai Sotto at 17 who is the better player?

I'm just wondering some people say Kai's defense is undesirable. Imagine the ceiling if he improves on this aspect. If he's blocking shots almost 5x a game, if he continues to improve, he might be triple-double machine!

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    where does Yao Ming belong is this list? we has pretty skilled also for 7'5" player with a very good mid range game..

Kai is way more skilled than zhou qi. Zhou was just more assertive and towers over everyone during his world cups stints as a teen. Zhou was the focal point of their offense and he looks to score all the time.

Regarding, yao is indeed also too skilled as a post player but kai offers more. Kai can play the perimeter even though yao can occassionally hit threes. Kai on the other hand could drive like anyone from the 3 point line. Kai plays like embiid. I forgot about embiid. He is a really skilled big but kai is a much better passer than him.

In terms, of skills as bigs. I say hakeem, embiid and jokic are the most skilled bigs ever in the nba. Kai could very well be there if he wants to and given the right circumstances. This is just my opinion. I dont want to trigger arguements.
    Last edited by TWiTCH; 01-20-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Someone mentioned Fotu's main position for his career, statistically on average it is mainly stretch 4 like Galinari. (statistically- how?). On average every game he played in his career, obviously he played most of his games for a clubs in Europe (around 250 games-as mainly stretch 4, with some SF, never at center)
    , he's played around 40 games for NZ and around 50 games for Hawaii college for 2 seasons) his position was mainly PF and some center. Curiously him and Standhardinger listed position in Hawaii is Forward.. The above is not mere opinion but actual factual observation.

The big takeaway in this is Fotu like any player's role is dependent on the other players around him for disposal. He's been forced to play some center for NZ and Hawaii because of lack of bigs in his team, but in properly complete functional team with quality centers Fotu is a stretch 4

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    I'm just wondering some people say Kai's defense is undesirable. Imagine the ceiling if he improves on this aspect. If he's blocking shots almost 5x a game, if he continues to improve, he might be triple-double machine!
    Exactly, as he ages his strength, agility and stamina will improve. He was way better defensively when he was here. He became passive when transferred. I think he doesnt want to be humiliated again like what happened with jalen. I am not really worried about kai's defense. once he gets over the trauma, then he will excel again. His timing for blocking shot is great and his length will always be a problem for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Someone mentioned Fotu's main position for his career, statistically on average it is mainly stretch 4 like Galinari. (statistically- how?). On average every game he played in his career, obviously he played most of his games for a clubs in Europe (around 250 games-as mainly stretch 4, with some SF, never at center)
    , he's played around 40 games for NZ and around 50 games for Hawaii college for 2 seasons) his position was mainly PF and some center. Curiously him and Standhardinger listed position in Hawaii is Forward.. The above is not mere opinion but actual factual observation.

The big takeaway in this is Fotu like any player's role is dependent on the other players around him for disposal. He's been forced to play some center for NZ and Hawaii because of lack of bigs in his team, but in properly complete functional team with quality centers Fotu is a stretch 4
    You're stating the fact now. He is mainly a 4. He cant be sf because he doesnt have the ballhandling and speed for that position. He is way more suited to play 5 than a 3 based on what he can offer but his main position would be 4.

That footwork is lit!!!!! And those quick spins. Like what I am saying that if he develop those quick shots in the post, he will be hard to stop. I'm glad that he already have those now.

Exactly, as he ages his strength, agility and stamina will improve. He was way better defensively when he was here. He became passive when transferred. I think he doesnt want to be humiliated again like what happened with jalen. I am not really worried about kai's defense. once he gets over the trauma, then he will excel again. His timing for blocking shot is great and his length will always be a problem for anyone.
    Actually it's the effort. He definitely can defend. Maybe he's not just in the mood to contest all shots this game. But with being passive he still got 5 blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Actually it's the effort. He definitely can defend. Maybe he's not just in the mood to contest all shots this game. But with being passive he still got 5 blocks.
    Yes, he lacks effort defensively.lol it is too obvious sometimes. Maybe he lets jordan excel on that dept.haha but he tries harder when he is the center. His length and timing already are great assets as defender. If he improves his stamina, agility and effort, then hands down lottery pick.hahaha

My assessment of Kai.. (obviously can be wrong) his stock will go up in the next realese of various ratings..
    his latest 76 for high school players can go as high as top 10 (I won't be surprise by mid year)

But to step back we have to look at within context of what does that really mean when we're comparing them to NBA stars, well 9 % of top 10, (1,5k) became stars in the NBA.. So as you can see despite all the recognition he's getting as a high school player his chances of being a star in the NBA are still slim at this point. (off course everyone is free to predict he will beat the odds (probability)

I know the caparrison with NBA stars is not in terms of level but in terms of skill, which I get, here is the thing. there actually many international players who showed high level skill set maybe even better than NBA stars.
    One of this prospects is Yi, in reports he would showcase incredible performances in shooting drills, very high %. As a result was drafted top 3? His game never blossomed in the NBA. Another is Bertans.. while he's playing well now, people still don't see him becoming an Al star.. As a teenager his skill in shooting was already better many NBA stars. So you see it doesn't necessarily follow that if you show better skill you will become a star.

Hoping for the best for Kai.. Still think he will make the NBA, still not sure if will be drafted or how high..
    This is by no means to counter anyone's opinion you're all entitled to that.. It's just one person's view
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-20-2020 at 02:50 AM.

There is one move earlier that almost look like an elegant shot by Don Ramon. Kai is really bringing back the old school post moves mixing it with those Euro step, step back and fadaeaway. Don't say that I am overhyping him about step back, he already tried that in game and he is practicing it.

You're stating the fact now. He is mainly a 4. He cant be sf because he doesnt have the ballhandling and speed for that position. He is way more suited to play 5 than a 3 based on what he can offer but his main position would be 4.
    Fair enough... his characteristics as a 4, however are. More stretch 4 Galinari rather than Tim Duncan traditional PF

My assessment of Kai.. (obviously can be wrong) his stock will go up in the next realese of various ratings..
    his latest 76 for high school players can go as high as top 10 (I won't be surprise by mid year)

But to step back we have to look at within context of what does that really mean when we're comparing them to NBA stars, well 9 % of top 10, (1,5k) became stars in the NBA.. So as you can see despite all the recognition he's getting as a high school player his chances of being a star in the NBA are still slim at this point. (off course everyone is free he will beat the odds (probability)

I know the caparrison with NBA stars is not in terms of level but in terms of skill, which I get, here is the thing. there actually many international players who showed high level skill set maybe even better than NBA stars.
    One of this prospects is Yi, in reports he would showcase incredible performances in shooting drills, very high %. As a result was drafted top 3? His game never blossomed in the NBA. Another is Bertans.. while he's playing well now, people still don't see him becoming an Al star.. As a teenager his skill in shooting was already better many NBA stars. So you see it doesn't necessarily follow.

Hoping for the best for Kai.. Still think he will make the NBA, still not sure if will be drafted or how high..
    This is by means to counter anyone's opinion you're all entitled to that.. It's just one person's view
    Masyado mo Naman pinapangunahan ahahah. Let's just enjoy the ride. Masyado namang nega. No one knows what the future of Kai will be.The point is we like what we are seeing for a 17 year old big man.

lol don't we already know Kai's future? That he will be a 1st round pick in the NBA?
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    lol don't we already know Kai's future? That he will be a 1st round pick in the NBA?
    Marami pang pwedeng mangyari. But with the rate of his improvement. He will definitely be a first round pick. Pag tinodo pa, a lottery pick is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post

too early to tell. I think Kai has better FIBA stats.Maybe that can be gauged how successful Kai is in the NBA or if he'll be drafted.Zhou is like a praying mantis with that 7'7 wingspan while I don't know if Kai is close with his length.Mobility wise I think Zhou has the slight advantage. But I think kai is now improving,one more thing he has to improve is his motor to play long minutes.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

This is by means to counter anyone's opinion you're all entitled to that.. It's just one person's view
    Yes, it is not a guarantee that he will be an allstar or an atg. I did not in anyway ever did claim those to be guaranteed. It takes too much will and effort to be one. Kai could possibly achieve those if he continues with his current work ethic.

Regarding yi, he may have issues with the language, or it could be mental but maybe his skillsets and athleticism wasnt really outstanding when he reached the next level. His stature of 611 to 7 and athleticism is not uncommon in the nba. Also, his skillsets doesnt standout. Almost perfect execution during drills doesnt always translate to in game effectiveness.

I believe kai was really born to play bball. His intincts and bball iq is elite but the road for being an allstar is still too far.

With fotu, he doesnt have a lot post skills hence it is easier to practice shooting threes than to stay down low. Also, being 6'8 doesnt help him either. He is small for a pf in euroleagues unless you are too skilled like paul millsap.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I believe Kai will be an nba superstar.

But to step back we have to look at within context of what does that really mean when we're comparing them to NBA stars, well 9 % of top 10, (1,5k) became stars in the NBA.. So as you can see despite all the recognition he's getting as a high school player his chances of being a star in the NBA are still slim at this point. (off course everyone is free to predict he will beat the odds (probability)

One of this prospects is Yi, in reports he would showcase incredible performances in shooting drills, very high %. As a result was drafted top 3? His game never blossomed in the NBA. Another is Bertans.. while he's playing well now, people still don't see him becoming an Al star.. As a teenager his skill in shooting was already better many NBA stars. So you see it doesn't necessarily follow that if you show better skill you will become a star.

This is by no means to counter anyone's opinion you're all entitled to that.. It's just one person's view
    Of course anything can happen in the future. However, my assessment is that he is on the right track so far. Although, there are a few prospects that didnt do that well in NBA, I would think that Kai has a better chance of doing well than another player that is not even mentioned in any ratings. Of course, it is not set in stone that if a player is rated now, that he will perform well in NBA. Anything can happen and any player not rated can still do well and be drafted. All I'm saying now, is that Kai is on the right track and I will bet on him than any other player that is not even mentioned in any ratings.

Sorry if some here (I would know) would disagree.. but if Kai just stays the course and really focuses on his game, it is easy for him to enter the first round in the NBA draft, even top 10 or 15.. reason being is he is a big.. in today's game, it is not all about the bigs.. if Kai just proves that he is one good damn big possible at the 4 or 5, he will be drafted easily. He is now 7'2" and possibly could go as big as 7'3" at the end.. at that height and with a very good skill level, he is for sure a top 10 draft pick..

in fact, if Kai just stays the course and gradually improves strength wise and skill wise.. he could be a bigger star than rui hachimura and bigger than any asian who have graced the NBA floor since Yao Ming (Yao is a very very special player and personality in the NBA).. with the Filipino community in the US and globally, I am pretty sure any team and the NBA would like to get hold of him.. THAT IS if Kai stays the course.. I couldn't emphasize that more..

Page 463 of 585 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563 ... LastLast