Page 460 of 585 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 11682

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

I lost count but I think Kai scored at least 30 points in this game.

It's good to see that Kai utilized his quick spin in the post the whole game. It doesn't matter if it is a quick spin on his left or right, his guy got caught off guard. He is really ambidextrous and he is using it well. Also that overhead fake pass has a victim again. He also have a good perimeter game.

His only drawback in this game is his inside D because of lack of effort, even in the help D. Though he actually adjusted on his ball protection by using his post quick spin.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Does not prove anything for my sake, the question is purely a basketball one, and yes the center position and stretch 4 (not traditional big PF) are fundamentally different. And for purely basketball purposes it does matter on which role you want to develop him. The roles are not interchangeable like wing SF and SG
    Not interchangeable if the players are not flexible. Like Mcgee, Adams and Deandre Jordan are pure centers, while both Millsap and Jokic, Sabonis and Turner, Davis and Boogie (Pelicans days) are the pf/c types.

Anyway, monster game by Kai. He brought the whole arsenal in this game.

Butter fingers pa rin ng konti, and a little too passive on defending the paint.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Anyway I see Kai being a versatile center like Pozingis or AD, who can occasionally play traditional PF (not modern day stretch 4), just my take, others are free to think otherwise

Agree Jovic, AD, Pozingis are versatile bigs, but they're different from stretch 4s.like Horry, Galinari, Tatum, George, Kuzma, list goes on and on... They're different

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Not interchangeable if the players are not flexible. Like Mcgee, Adams and Deandre Jordan are pure centers, while both Millsap and Jokic, Sabonis and Turner, Davis and Boogie (Pelicans days) are the pf/c types.

Anyway, monster game by Kai. He brought the whole arsenal and this game.

Butter fingers pa rin ng konti, and a little too passive on defending the paint.
    Yup I think passive is the right term. Because he can really defend the paint if he wants to.

Last edited by TheRodster21; 01-19-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Anyway I see Kai being a versatile center like Pozingis or AD, who can occasionally play traditional PF (not modern day stretch 4), just my take, others are free to think otherwise
    Isnt this what everyone is thinking about with Kai? Considering the Porzingis comparisons

I think AD and Porzingis are more comfortable playing 4 than a Center. AD is very vocal that he does not preferred playing the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Isnt this what everyone is thinking about with Kai? Considering the Porzingis comparisons
    Yes, and it's really a stretch to think he will be a stretch 4 (no pun intended), that's really a different distinct role

Yes, and it's really a stretch to think he will be a stretch 4 (no pun intended), that's really a different distinct role

I think Porzingis is classified stretch 4. Like K.Love, KAT and others.

Agree Jovic, AD, Pozingis are versatile bigs, but they're different from stretch 4s.like Horry, Galinari, Tatum, George, Kuzma, list goes on and on... They're different
    can you laborate how they are different? By traditional, what do you mean and who are the players in mind? How often do you watch AD? You seem clueless how he plays. You got it inverted as he is a 4 that could play the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    I think AD and Porzingis are more comfortable playing 4 than a Center. AD is very vocal that he does not preferred playing the 5.
    But they are better at the 5 than the 4

Yes and not stretch 4, which is fundamentally different
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Why’s that? Any supporting stat to back this claim. AD thrives alongside both Mcgee and Dwight, maybe because he doesn’t exert much effort guarding the opposing center.

True, the coaches want to use them as 5 for maximum effectiveness, but most versatile bigs like to save themselves from the inside pounding..

So in many times versatile bigs start alongside a true center (and in regular season) but finish games at 5 and mostly in the. Playoffs when it matters most.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Why’s that? Any supporting stat to back this claim. AD thrives alongside both Mcgee and Dwight, maybe because he doesn’t exert much effort guarding the opposing center.
    Look who hasn't been watching..

Look who hasn't been watching..
    Sorry, didn’t get this post? I am asking for rodster to expound on his claim to determine whether it was his opinion or it was a stat based statement. What are you talking about?

BTW for those who haven't followed it, the Pelicans actually started playing better when Cousins left them and Davis was allowed more room to operate maximizing his skill and speed advantage at 5

This despite Cousins impressive stats with the Pelicans

Sorry, didn’t get this post? I am asking for rodster to expound on his claim to determine whether it was his opinion or it was a stat based statement. What are you talking about?
    Question was answered above, it is not just opinion but based on significant observation (I haven't followed the stats to quote of hand.., but it's universally accepted by coaches. in case you were following

can you elaborate how they are different? By traditional, what do you mean and who are the players in mind? How often do you watch AD? You seem clueless how he plays. You got it inverted as he is a 4 that could play the 5.
    For sure you have seen this, analyzed, hence the look who hasn’t been watching tirade. I wonder why instead of engaging in a meaningful discussion you resorted to a nonsense banter. Lol practice what you preach po. Shall we hear your expert analysis now?

Page 460 of 585 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast