Page 459 of 585 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 11691

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/basketball...-charles-65238

Really coach charles? You got him without knowledge on his commitments with TSF? Looks like you are finding reasons to not give kai minutes.

Why I have a feeling that Kai must withdraw from mighty and focus with tsf? Looks like charles is destroying his carreer. First he recruit Kai, so his us ncaa eligibility be uestionable. Now looks like he will lower the value of Kai so that scouts will not notice him.

I hope I am WRONG with this one, and Kai will flourish under coach tiu.

Prove me WRONG Coach Charles Tiu!.

Ooops. I forgot this is Ibn.

5 straight points by Kai. A setup 3, then a ball fake and drive to the hole. He is more than capable of playing stretch 4, and this at only age 17.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    5 straight points by Kai. A setup 3, then a ball fake and drive to the hole. He is more than capable of playing stretch 4, and this at only age 17.
    It's more on defence that is the concern, can he defend the opposing stretch 4

And wouldn't that offensive perimeter skill set even be more of an advantage if used playing as a 5, that's more of a mismatch for traditional centers who want to stay inside

Using Kai to simply stretch the floor in the corners isn't fully utilising his advantages
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-19-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post

And wouldn't that offensive perimeter skill set even be more of an advantage if used playing as a 5, that's more of a mismatch for traditional centers who want to stay inside

Using Kai to simply stretch the floor in the corners isn't fully utilising his advantages
    Did well defending his man in the perimeter.

Fyi, there is a very thin line nowadays with regards to using bigs. Pf and C are mere tags and the position is more often than not interchangeable. Idk why you were so suddenly fascinated by the 4out setup and the use of stretch 4 when it’s been going on for decades. Antoine Walker, Rasheed Wallace, Antawn Jamison, etc. Puro lolo na mga yan. Lol

It is always an advantage when your big can hit the 3. Anong gusto mo, iburo palagi sa malapit sa ring? That’s so predictable.

Kai already has at least 17 points in the 1st half with 3 3pts made.

Kai is a beast in the offensive end in the first half. But I think he is not aggressive enough in the defensive end. He has given many layups to the opposing team without even trying to contest them. Also his grip again is a problem in this game, the ball can be easily slap in his hand. If Kai really want to get drafted he should double time improving his defense and ball protection.

He actually played good perimeter D. It's his inside D that lacks aggressiveness in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Kai already has at least 17 points in the 1st half with 3 3pts made.

Kai is a beast in the offensive end in the first half. But I think he is not aggressive enough in the defensive end. He has given many layups to the opposing team without even trying to contest them. Also his grip again is a problem in this game, the ball can be easily slap in his hand. If Kai really want to get drafted he should double time improving his defense and ball protection.
    This seems contradiction to what NOiNU, observed in Kai defending the perimeter well, I saw many blow bys
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Can is different from best use, would you honestly put Kai on a traditional stretch 4 in defense like Galinari (who the main 4)? If yes then fine.
    We're not talking high school prep here, will coach Charles put Kai on a stretch 4 instead of Blackman
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

This seems contradiction to what NOiNU, observed in Kai defending the perimeter well, I saw many blow bys
    Lol burned

Can is different from best use, would you honestly put Kai on a traditional stretch 4 in defense like Galinari (who the main 4)? If yes then fine.
    We're not talking high school prep here, will coach Charles put Kai on a stretch 4 instead of Blackman
    Depends on the opposition. Been harping this from the get go, I am baffled you still haven’t get it.

He actually played good D as a 4. It's when he is at center spot where he is not aggressive enough contesting those layups. It's not like he can't play D, it's just the effort that he was lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    He actually played good perimeter D. It's his inside D that lacks aggressiveness in this game.
    Yup, he altered shots in the perimeter more than he did in the paint.

Lol burned
    And that's why he had to qualify and say "actually".. my response was simply reading what he originally said,

But again why are you so concerned with finding faults in me? Wouldn't it provide more basketball substance if you explained how you see Kai being developed as a stretch 4? Do you see any team in the next 2 years focusing on developing Kai as a stretch 4 rather than a center? If so Iwlike to hear how?

Depends on the opposition. Been harping this from the get go, I am baffled you still haven’t get it.
    Again I'm talking about primary role, not situational. Simple question is Kai going to be primary a center or a stretch 4?

Completely lost him with that over the head fake then the drive and dunk

And that's why he had to qualify and say "actually".. my response was simply reading what he originally said,

But again why are you so concerned with finding faults in me? Wouldn't it provide more basketball substance if you explained how you see Kai being developed as a stretch 4? Do you see any team in the next 2 years focusing on developing Kai as a stretch 4 rather than a center? If so Iwlike to hear how?
    Because you are so preoccupied on justifying your take. Jesus, dika makatulog you have to validate your opinion, sa lahat na lang thread halos yan ang topic mo. Move on din pag may time.

Stretch 4 or 5, doesn’t matter. The position has evolved and it is matter of match ups now depending on the opposition. Flexibility is key. Being rigid is so old school. I mean, if you don’t get this now, you never would. Nood na lang tayo laro.

Again I'm talking about primary role, not situational. Simple question is Kai going to be primary a center or a stretch 4?
    Who are we to tell for sure? Kid is 17. And even if he ends up playing 5, what does that prove, or more aptly, what did YOU prove?

Problem is we don’t actually know what Kai is going to do after TSF we only know the goal is the NBA so he might go pro or might try college or come back to the Philippines and primarily play for gilas

Who are we to tell for sure? Kid is 17. And even if he ends up playing 5, what does that prove, or more aptly, what did YOU prove?
    Does not prove anything for my sake, the question is purely a basketball one, and yes the center position and stretch 4 (not traditional big PF) are fundamentally different. And for purely basketball purposes it does matter on which role you want to develop him. The roles are not interchangeable like wing SF and SG

Game over TSF won, kai sat out last few minutes since the lead was already big enough, I liked the effort from kai near the end he was starting to really go for those rebounds and blocks closing out on the perimeter with more effort than I've seen him do in forever. Hope he keeps that up for future games

Page 459 of 585 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast