Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by regierr View Post
    Not sure about Danny I as a big man coach. At his age he shouldn't be trained to be as flat-footed as Ildefonso.

Hopefully Kai will be more RDO than Danny I.
    who trained DannyI's kids? they both play sf right?

Just watched some PBA classics. Pre-injury Danny I is way better that RDO. I forgot how fast, mobile and athletic he was at SMB. Very good passer and decent 3 pointer too.

Kai Sotto debut for Ateneo Blue Eaglets with 4 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block in limited action..

Quote Originally Posted by FARIDOON View Post
    Kai Sotto debut for Ateneo Blue Eaglets with 4 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block in limited action..
    in 6 minutes. 2/2 fg also

awww,, RHK111 must be very sad because Weward beat him in creating the Kai Sotto thread first.

With Kai Sotto now with Ateneo HS, I hope there is an agreement between Kai's parents & Ateneo that Kai should never be prohibited by his school from joining the national youth team if he wishes to play. I hope there was such an agreement prior to Kai's enrollment with the school. With Kai's height & potential, I'm sure every high school have shown interest in having him in their roster. No school for sure have snubbed this kid.

I mean, Kai's parents have all the leverage of making conditions with the school that would eventually grab Kai's services. Ervin Sotto could have told Ateneo: "I will enroll my son at your school provided that you will allow him to play for the national team anytime he wants."

Sort of telling Ateneo: "You need my son much more than my son needs your school because lots of school are also interested in my son".

Which of course is very much true. I mean Kai is no ordinary player. He is like the Lebron James of Philippine basketball at the youth level. His parents can demand almost anything from any school who is interested in his services.

I hope that in next year's FIBA Asia U-16 Championship where Kai will be turning 15 years old, Ateneo would allow the kid to play for Batang Gilas. If not, expect a strong protest and disgust among the Phi. basketball community.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

DannyI as big man coach

Ateneo de Manila University just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

No, of course not the campus, but the Blue Eaglets – and if all works out, future Blue Eagles – in the campus.

As if six-foot nine-inch 13-year-old Kai Sotto wasn’t enough, Ateneo also unveiled a wider tower in the form of six-foot seven-inch 16-year-old Sack Salazar on Saturday at the opening of the 2016 Filoil Flying V Preseason Tournament.

That wasn’t the end of it, however. In a “But wait, there’s more” moment, the Blue Eagles also bared that PBA 40 Greatest member Danny Ildefonso is now on board their staff as a big man coach.

The former two-time MVP confirmed as much in a chat with reporters after his first game on the sidelines. “One week na rin. Hinahanap-hanap ko rin naman ang basketball at lagi rin naman akong nasa Ateneo,” he shared.

He then continued, “Maganda naman ang pagtanggap nila sa akin.”

As it turns out, Ildefonso’s entry is all part of an effort in Katipunan to produce more talented big men who can complement all the talented guards they have already been producing. As Eaglets mentor Joe Silva put it, “We actually employed him because right now, we have a lot of big men so we’re hoping for them to develop all the way to the Seniors (division), hopefully.”

He also added, “Because we haven’t produced a real big man to make an impact in the collegiate level since Enrico (Villanueva).”
    any info on salazar? the eaglets has a taller frontline than some pba teams lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    awww,, RHK111 must be very sad because Weward beat him in creating the Kai Sotto thread first.
    I'm sorry RHK111.
    “Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.”
    ---- John Madden

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    than most. lol
    “Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.”
    ---- John Madden

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Salazar is the much-discussed Desert Eagle out of Dubai. Father is an AHS alumnus. He joined the scrimmages for the U16 last year but was a bit too raw for the team.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    With Kai Sotto now with Ateneo HS, I hope there is an agreement between Kai's parents & Ateneo that Kai should never be prohibited by his school from joining the national youth team if he wishes to play. I hope there was such an agreement prior to Kai's enrollment with the school. With Kai's height & potential, I'm sure every high school have shown interest in having him in their roster. No school for sure have snubbed this kid.

I mean, Kai's parents have all the leverage of making conditions with the school that would eventually grab Kai's services. Ervin Sotto could have told Ateneo: "I will enroll my son at your school provided that you will allow him to play for the national team anytime he wants."

Sort of telling Ateneo: "You need my son much more than my son needs your school because lots of school are also interested in my son".

Which of course is very much true. I mean Kai is no ordinary player. He is like the Lebron James of Philippine basketball at the youth level. His parents can demand almost anything from any school who is interested in his services.

I hope that in next year's FIBA Asia U-16 Championship where Kai will be turning 15 years old, Ateneo would allow the kid to play for Batang Gilas. If not, expect a strong protest and disgust among the Phi. basketball community.
    I definitely hope so. With lots of schools being interested in Kai and the fact that there is pretty much no one else like him in his age group, they have all the leverage they need to persuade Ateneo to lend him to the youth national team when the flag calls for duty.

#FlagOverSchool #SchoolChampionshipsWillBeForgotten #NationalTeamEnduresForever
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

Training should be patterned to Dirk Nowitzki's game--elite skills in all facets of the offense. His defense will eventually come out if he is able to grow his athleticism. If he turns out to be our Prozingis, then NBA is a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    the closest resemblance i have of Kai is a left handed young Zhou Qi, a 7' 2 " forward could be the end output of kai
    I hope Kai turns out to be our own version of Zhou Qi at the youth level.

Of course, his upside should be a Porzingis. NBA is very possible for him as long as things are done right.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

AHS may be the only school in both the UAAP and NCAA that has not held back any of their players from playing for the national team. The only caveat is that the player must take care of all their academic requirements. Failing grades, player has to sit regardless who they are. A certain player who will play division 1 next season learned this the hard way while a freshman at AHS.

Zach Salazar is the son of an ADMU alumnae expat from the UAE. He transferred to AHS last summer and just completed his residency requirements. He was a late addition to last year's U-16 Gilas pool and probably their youngest player. Danny I. unofficially started working with Zach and the rest of the AHS big men sometime during the UAAP junior season while he waited for his son's practice to end. I believe this is the first year Zach will officially play organized basketball at a high level. He needs to learn some "gulang".

Desert eagle is eligible for the 2018 U18 team. By then he'll become more mature and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Desert eagle is eligible for the 2018 U18 team. By then he'll become more mature and bigger.
    very good! we will be the back to back Asian champs by then.

Quote Originally Posted by athangonzales View Post
    Just watched some PBA classics. Pre-injury Danny I is way better that RDO. I forgot how fast, mobile and athletic he was at SMB. Very good passer and decent 3 pointer too.
    when jong converted him to SF during the 2002 RPNT that's the start of his injury problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
    AHS may be the only school in both the UAAP and NCAA that has not held back any of their players from playing for the national team. The only caveat is that the player must take care of all their academic requirements. Failing grades, player has to sit regardless who they are. A certain player who will play division 1 next season learned this the hard way while a freshman at AHS.
    Good enough academically for UCLA, which is second only to UC - Berkeley as the best public university in the US and among the top 20 in the world, but not for AHS?

Something just doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by dose View Post
    Good enough academically for UCLA, which is second only to UC - Berkeley as the best public university in the US and among the top 20 in the world, but not for AHS?

his heart belong to la salle during those times and besides NCAA jrs. is better than UAAP jrs. competition wise.. I wish Kai opted to play for LSGH if there was an offer. Ateneo HS is a breeding ground for larong mayaman players except well off course for some (mangilan-ngilan) such as Kiefer Ravena. This kid with that frame should be thought how to play the 3 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dose View Post

Not UCLA all he will ever hear is "UCLA SUCKS!" in the tune of Tusk by Fleetwood Mac it used to be only crosstown rival USC plays the tune now every team that UCLA goes against specially in basketball and American football. In basketball
    https://youtu.be/3KlFjoqvm5E
    In football
    https://youtu.be/jfFQG717-ak

Imagine hearing that every halftime even in your own stadium and arena and after the game,besides the USC Song Girls cheerleaders are hands down cuter than what UCLA have.Go Cal or better yet SDSU he will dominate the Mountain West big time.If he wants a Catholic school you cant go wrong with Notre Dame he can always win one for "The Gipper".

Page 3 of 264 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast