Page 209 of 306 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 6113

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Luka Doncic joined Real Madrid when he was 13. Now look where he's at.
    Try not to match your views to that of Kai’s Dad and his family, for it will not be better from their standpoint, neither will it be more thoughtful and comprehensive to cater to their needs. Like Kai suggested to whoever cares to listen and process, “chill”.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Try not to match your views to that of Kai’s Dad and his family, for it will not be better from their standpoint, neither will it be more thoughtful and comprehensive to cater to their needs. Like Kai suggested to whoever cares to listen and process, “chill”.
    Not trying to match anything.

Just stating an opinion as this is a discussion forum.

Like I said, the decision remains theirs to make.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    That sounds like eerily similar to what we heard about Ethan Kirkness. The cost of living in Europe is higher. That seems to be a steep paying price for just potential. I hope this doesn't become the deal breaker for Europe. I hope we don't hear Kai commiting to Ateneo after the NBTC.
    Kai gets a pass because he's not a scrub. The offers are there no reason to rush

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Big Filipino communities thrive in Spain , Italy and Germany. Kai wont get home sick there. Erwin and fam will have no trouble getting a job and assimilate in those countries.

from Wiki:

-There are about 40,000 Filipino nationals in Spain. In addition, thousands more hold dual citizenship.
    -As of 2008 there were 113,686 documented Filipinos living in Italy
    -Germany 20,589
    the other kids are too young plus the language barrier is difficult too.
    if kai will change his mind to go alone then 99% he will go spain.
    but if he wants to be with his family then rest assured he will stay with ateneo and train abroad during summer.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Luka Doncic joined Real Madrid when he was 13. Now look where he's at.
    Was Doncic from outside of the continent?
    We can't judge people on matters we know is not easy to decide especially at that young age (16).
    Thus my view that it is not fair to say na binebaby ni ervin si kai.
    As to Doncic, parang probinsya lang naman ang dating ng mga bansa sa europe. Hence, citizens there can have that comfort that they can somewhat easily visit their kin. Just like kids from visayas, mindanao and those from far north of luzon who studies in manila but somehow have that sense of comfort that family is just a short trip away.

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    We can't judge people on matters we know is not easy to decide especially at that young age (16).
    As to Doncic, parang probinsya lang naman ang dating ng mga bansa sa europe. Hence, citizens there can have that comfort that they can somewhat easily visit their kin. Just like kids from visayas, mindanao and those from far north of luzon who studies in manila but somehow have that sense of comfort that family is just a short trip away.
    All I'm saying is that being away from family is pretty much a given at this point if Kai decides to go to Europe.

Yun ang sakripisyo na kailangan nyang gawin para malapitan ang kanyang pangarap para makapasok sa NBA.

It's difficult but that's that.

Kung pipiliin nya ang Ateneo and simply train in Europe over the summer, then wala rin akong tanggi doon. That's on them.

In my honest opinion, staying here is a complete waste of time. Kai should not let this offer slip.

When NU and FEU and etc... junior teams tried to rip Kai to pieces just so that they get to negate his overwhelming advantage, somehow, Kai had difficulty adjusting and prevailing over these nasty tactics, evident through his team not winning the championships.

Clearly this is a hurdle Sotto has yet to overcome and yet, people are already most certain that hop, skip, and jump... Europe is where his continuity lies.

I’m pretty sure that if Europe represents for Kai a place of basketball war with an immense proportion of guns, lies, and treachery, he wouldn’t want to go and just be hastily armed with a newly sharpened butterfly knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    When NU and FEU and etc... junior teams tried to rip Kai to pieces just so that they get to negate his overwhelming advantage, somehow, Kai had difficulty adjusting and prevailing over these nasty tactics, evident through his team not winning the championships.

Clearly this is a hurdle Sotto has yet to overcome and yet, people are already most certain that hop, skip, and jump... Europe is where his continuity lies.

I’m pretty sure that if Europe represents for Kai a place of basketball war with an immense proportion of guns, lies, and treachery, he wouldn’t want to go and just be hastily armed with a newly sharpened butterfly knife.
    Gulangan or dirty tactics is more prevalent in the Philippines than in Europe.

^Agree, a lot of the dirty tactics local midgets get away with in our domestic leagues are actually illegal overseas.

Anyway, if Kai decides to move to Europe to chase his NBA dream, this is the level of competition he should expect at the u18 level. If he can emerge as MVP in one of the qualifying legs of this tournament (ANGT), he might be good enough to be a draft and stash 2nd round pick.

Last edited by c_d; 03-12-2019 at 04:52 PM.

All I'm saying is that being away from family is pretty much a given at this point if Kai decides to go to Europe.

Yun ang sakripisyo na kailangan nyang gawin para malapitan ang kanyang pangarap para makapasok sa NBA.

It's difficult but that's that.

Kung pipiliin nya ang Ateneo and simply train in Europe over the summer, then wala rin akong tanggi doon. That's on them.

In my honest opinion, staying here is a complete waste of time. Kai should not let this offer slip.
    Why does he even want his parents with him? The kid is old enough to look after himself. This is 2019; if he is worried about being homesick, there is Skype, Facetime, Facebook or whatever. Seriously, he’s going to Spain/Germany not Libya or Afganhistan or Iraq.

Ayaw kong maki-elam pero mukhang bine-baby ata sya ng ama nya.
    Sir, can you sincerely and truthfully say that it is easy to be far away from your family, especially if you are separated by continents and you don't have family by your side? Add to that you are only 16 yrs old? And the culture is a STARK contrast from what you are accustomed of?
    BRP had a valid reason. Do you honestly think he would have stayed here if his father wasn't sick?

"The hardest choices require the strongest wills."
    That's the challenge brother. No one said making it to the NBA was going to be a cake walk.

If he can't get past minor obstacles such as being away from your family in order to pursue your dreams, how do you expect to take the next big step in your life?

I'm an OFW and I know the difficulties of being away from family and friends. The difference, sir, is that this is basketball where you are being trained and paid at the same time by some of the biggest clubs in the world. What else does he want?

Kai won't be a sixteen-year-old forever. That's just my opinion.

The decision is still theirs to make.
    Yeah, true. It's not like he's going to a non-developed country where there is no rule of law.

Madrid, Barcelona, and Berlin are all world-class cities. He gets the opportunity to reside there while being paid millions. What more can you ask for?

The only legit obstacle he will face is language barrier. But hey, life doesn't come easy now, doesn't it?
    kai’s reasoning of why he wants his family with him? “someday dad magaasawa din ako at maghihiwalay din ako sa inyo, gusto ko kasama ko kayo ngayon” and ervin understood his reasoning. theirs a clip of that interview

I have a bad feeling he will stay in UAAP do to money, just like what happened to Parks Jr. Ateneo only cares for Dynasty in UAAP. And there is the MVP influence in it. Or maybe he has separation anxiety and cannot stand it.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-12-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Saw porzingis u17 highlights, it didn't look like he'll be the player he is today.
    He flew under the radar but you can see the potential, 16 yrs old, 7 ft and plays like a modern SF. Compared to Kai, he's more athletic at that age. Meanwhile Kai moves like a traditional center now. Maybe Kai is more athletic than I give him credit for but the way he is being utilized right now(traditional 90's big man) he won't reach that full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    He flew under the radar but you can see the potential, 16 yrs old, 7 ft and plays like a modern SF. Compared to Kai, he's more athletic at that age. Meanwhile Kai moves like a traditional center now. Maybe Kai is more athletic than I give him credit for but the way he is being utilized right now(traditional 90's big man) he won't reach that full potential.
    He played that way because that was how he was trained, According to the head scouter of stellazura academy they're more or less the same at the same age. Once kai goes to Europe they'll work on his physical weaknesses, honestly I really do think hes similar athletically and mobility wise to Porzingis. Porzingis though has the benefit already of training in Europe by this age. It'll be interesting how much Kai's physical attributes will improve in Europe.

* head scout not head of the academy also the same scout by the way who discovered Porzingis
    Last edited by TheRodster21; 03-13-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    He played that way because that was how he was trained, According to the head of stellazura academy they're more or less the same at the same age. Once kai goes to Europe they'll work on his physical weaknesses, honestly I really do think hes similar athletically and mobility wise to Porzingis. Porzingis though has the benefit already of training in Europe by this age. It'll be interesting how much Kai's physical attributes will improve in Europe.
    Porzingis is just flash for now. The guy just had a major knee injury in his 2nd year. I dont think his play is sustainable at his 7'3 height. So why do we want Kai to model his game on this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I have a bad feeling he will stay in UAAP do to money, just like what happened to Parks Jr. Ateneo only cares for Dynasty in UAAP. And there is the MVP influence in it. Or maybe he has separation anxiety and cannot stand it.
    kai loves his family so much and he is very close to them. the ateneo offer will always be there for him and the decision will always be with him and his family. but of course if he chooses to remain with ateneo all the dumb pieces of shit will blame ateneo or mvp.lol.
    i do hope he chooses to go to spain alone. well maybe with his father for a few months. then his family later his family can visit him and he can also go home twice a year.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

https://amp.sport.es/es/noticias/bal...mpression=true

Via google translate

“Méndez is the discoverer of Porzinguis, current player of the Knicks, and was responsible for his arrival in Seville. The expert has compared both and believes that "is more or less at the same level, but Kai is taller at the same age," he said.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    https://amp.sport.es/es/noticias/bal...mpression=true

Via google translate

“Méndez is the discoverer of Porzinguis, current player of the Knicks, and was responsible for his arrival in Seville. The expert has compared both and believes that "is more or less at the same level, but Kai is taller at the same age," he said.”
    the headline says Barcelona and Madrid 'fight' for Kai Sotto, the future basketball star". with flojo saying ".go to Spain and get fit for the Real's youth team. Madrid"
    so i am assuming flojo has an inside info regarding the recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Porzingis is just flash for now. The guy just had a major knee injury in his 2nd year. I dont think his play is sustainable at his 7'3 height. So why do we want Kai to model his game on this guy?

Umm to prolong his career? Would you rather have him bang low against monsters? With his current physique I'd rather have him avoid excessive contact IMO

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    the headline says Barcelona and Madrid 'fight' for Kai Sotto, the future basketball star". with flojo saying ".go to Spain and get fit for the Real's youth team. Madrid"
    so i am assuming flojo has an inside info regarding the recruitment.
    ”The most talked about rumors about his future join him to Real Madrid. Enzo Flojo, a Filipino journalist, has pointed out in an article for FIBA that "several local media launched quickly on the rumor that Sotto had received a substantial offer to pack, go to Spain and get fit for the Real's youth team. Madrid

Page 209 of 306 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast