Page 208 of 376 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 7509

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

  1. #4141
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,728
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep. he wants to bring his family to spain or germany(alba berlin). whoever team(RM, Barca, Baskonia, Alba berlin and estudiantes) offers kai’s services that includes family packages wins. that’s one juicy offer..
    NCAA is out of picture already with this kind of arrangement i think?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  2. #4142
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    19,393
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    NCAA is out of picture already with this kind of arrangement i think?
    Yes. Due to some sponsorships..

  3. #4143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,842
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Move with him to Spain?

    And if that’s not possible, will he decline the offer?
    That sounds like eerily similar to what we heard about Ethan Kirkness. The cost of living in Europe is higher. That seems to be a steep paying price for just potential. I hope this doesn't become the deal breaker for Europe. I hope we don't hear Kai commiting to Ateneo after the NBTC.

  4. #4144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,466
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    And Kai doesn't look innately athletic compared to like porzingis at 17 so Euro style should fit him. He just needs to be solid skill wise and BBIQ like Jokic
    Saw porzingis u17 highlights, it didn't look like he'll be the player he is today.

  5. #4145
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    That sounds like eerily similar to what we heard about Ethan Kirkness. The cost of living in Europe is higher. That seems to be a steep paying price for just potential. I hope this doesn't become the deal breaker for Europe. I hope we don't hear Kai commiting to Ateneo after the NBTC.
    When will the NBTC start and end?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  6. #4146
    Senior Member tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    The top-ranked junior player of Ateneo and the National Basketball Training Center said that he will decide this summer if he will hone in Europe.

    “The chance is high because there are no classes this summer. I will use it to train abroad,” Sotto said on Monday.

    "Development as a player,” he said. “It’s possible that I will just train and not pick a club. I really wanted to improve myself because my goal is to play in the NBA [National Basketball Association].”

    So there is a big possibility that Kai will only train in Europe this summer and will be back in Ateneo next school year..

  7. #4147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,889
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The top-ranked junior player of Ateneo and the National Basketball Training Center said that he will decide this summer if he will hone in Europe.

    “The chance is high because there are no classes this summer. I will use it to train abroad,” Sotto said on Monday.

    "Development as a player,” he said. “It’s possible that I will just train and not pick a club. I really wanted to improve myself because my goal is to play in the NBA [National Basketball Association].”

    So there is a big possibility that Kai will only train in Europe this summer and will be back in Ateneo next school year..
    That would make no sense to be honest. If it’s about training they could probably stay in the Philippines and use sponsors to hire trainers to come over. Problem really is what all the scouts have been saying which is the quality of competition he’s facing. Hard to replicate playing against 6’10+ guys all the time. The only place he’ll see guys like that are in college and pba. By the. It’s to late really for him to make the nba.

  8. #4148
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    10,728
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The top-ranked junior player of Ateneo and the National Basketball Training Center said that he will decide this summer if he will hone in Europe.

    “The chance is high because there are no classes this summer. I will use it to train abroad,” Sotto said on Monday.

    "Development as a player,” he said. “It’s possible that I will just train and not pick a club. I really wanted to improve myself because my goal is to play in the NBA [National Basketball Association].”

    So there is a big possibility that Kai will only train in Europe this summer and will be back in Ateneo next school year..
    99% thats gonna happen.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  9. #4149
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    NCAA is out of picture already with this kind of arrangement i think?

    yes, even free ticket to the son's game is supposedly prohibited in the US NCAA

  10. #4150
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    99% thats gonna happen.
    LOL So much for making it to the NBA.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  11. #4151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    516
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kai will absolutely waste his devt time in here. The family should try to work where he stays. Pinoys easily get jobs because of good job attitude anyway. Giannis the greek freak should be his devt model. A complete player with power, skills and work ethic.

  12. #4152
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Kai will absolutely waste his devt time in here. The family should try to work where he stays. Pinoys easily get jobs because of good job attitude anyway. Giannis the greek freak should be his devt model. A complete player with power, skills and work ethic.
    Why does he even want his parents with him? The kid is old enough to look after himself. This is 2019; if he is worried about being homesick, there is Skype, Facetime, Facebook or whatever. Seriously, he’s going to Spain/Germany not Libya or Afganhistan or Iraq.

    Ayaw kong maki-elam pero mukhang bine-baby ata sya ng ama nya.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  13. #4153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,522
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Why does he even want his parents with him? The kid is old enough to look after himself. This is 2019; if he is worried about being homesick, there is Skype, Facetime, Facebook or whatever. Seriously, he’s going to Spain/Germany not Libya or Afganhistan or Iraq.

    Ayaw kong maki-elam pero mukhang bine-baby ata sya ng ama nya.
    Sir, can you sincerely and truthfully say that it is easy to be far away from your family, especially if you are separated by continents and you don't have family by your side? Add to that you are only 16 yrs old? And the culture is a STARK contrast from what you are accustomed of?

  14. #4154
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Sir, can you sincerely and truthfully say that it is easy to be far away from your family, especially if you are separated by continents and you don't have family by your side? Add to that you are only 16 yrs old? And the culture is a STARK contrast from what you are accustomed of?
    That's the challenge brother. No one said making it to the NBA was going to be a cake walk.

    If he can't get past minor obstacles such as being away from your family in order to pursue your dreams, how do you expect to take the next big step in your life?

    I'm an OFW and I know the difficulties of being away from family and friends. The difference, sir, is that this is basketball where you are being trained and paid at the same time by some of the biggest clubs in the world. What else does he want?

    Kai won't be a sixteen-year-old forever. That's just my opinion.

    The decision is still theirs to make.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  15. #4155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    That's the challenge brother. No one said making it to the NBA was going to be a cake walk.

    If he can't get past minor obstacles such as being away from your family in order to pursue your dreams, how do you expect to take the next big step in your life?

    I'm an OFW and I know the difficulties of being away from family and friends. The difference, sir, is that this is basketball where you are being trained and paid at the same time by some of the biggest clubs in the world. What else does he want?

    Kai won't be a sixteen-year-old forever. That's just my opinion.

    The decision is still theirs to make.
    Early ripe, early rot.

  16. #4156
    Senior Member Joe Yabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Personally I respect Kai's decision to be with his family, people give parks some bad rep due to signing with NU but I can never hate him for doing whats best for his father. Its just a matter of perspective to the person. And family just so happens to be Kais priority.

  17. #4157
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Early ripe, early rot.
    Luka Doncic joined Real Madrid when he was 13. Now look where he's at.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  18. #4158
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Personally I respect Kai's decision to be with his family, people give parks some bad rep due to signing with NU but I can never hate him for doing whats best for his father. Its just a matter of perspective to the person. And family just so happens to be Kais priority.
    BRP had a valid reason. Do you honestly think he would have stayed here if his father wasn't sick?

    "The hardest choices require the strongest wills."
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  19. #4159
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    Big Filipino communities thrive in Spain , Italy and Germany. Kai wont get home sick there. Erwin and fam will have no trouble getting a job and assimilate in those countries.

    from Wiki:

    -There are about 40,000 Filipino nationals in Spain. In addition, thousands more hold dual citizenship.
    -As of 2008 there were 113,686 documented Filipinos living in Italy
    -Germany 20,589

  20. #4160
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Big Filipino communities thrive in Spain , Italy and Germany. Kai wont get home sick there. Erwin and fam will have no trouble getting a job and assimilate in those countries.
    Yeah, true. It's not like he's going to a non-developed country where there is no rule of law.

    Madrid, Barcelona, and Berlin are all world-class cities. He gets the opportunity to reside there while being paid millions. What more can you ask for?

    The only legit obstacle he will face is language barrier. But hey, life doesn't come easy now, doesn't it?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Page 208 of 376 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •