Page 300 of 308 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6145

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Not really judging from his u19 stint seems the added weight make him tire faster and the much older competition making him unable to impose his will..

Growth pains.. hindi lahat ng growth chart eh straight to the top my road blocks yan along the way..
    The more muscle you add to your body the more muscle aches and the more you exercise it, microscopic tears happens. His body probably hasn't adjusted to the added bulk.

Rui spent 3 years in Gonzaga, which benefited him well.
    Hopefully Kai enters a program that provides him similar benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    Yet Ballo is the best center of the U2019 tournament and has a Gonzaga scholarship to boot.
    The answer to that is in the first sentence of my post which you replied to (Ballo has already reached physical maturity, Kai isn't even near his).

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    The answer to that is in the first sentence of my post which you replied to (Ballo has already reached physical maturity, Kai isn't even near his).
    So where will Kai be in 3 years time?

So where will Kai be in 3 years time?
    2022 NBA 1st round draftee!!
    -7'3
    -250 lbs.
    - will average 13 points(55% FG, 30% 3-point FG, 78% FT)7 rebounds and 2 blocks for Real Madrid senior team(2021-2022 season)

And flip-flop in this forum will continue..

Google Translate:
    "So what did he say? Sotto is known for a long time among the scouts, he exploded at U16 in Foshan ... But already there some skippers from the college went targeted for him. The U17 was also good, but the euphoria fell a bit. Now they want Alba, Real, Barsa for Real and 4 colleges. Partizan maybe?"

Yet Ballo is the best center of the U2019 tournament and has a Gonzaga scholarship to boot.

So 3 years and Kai will look a lot different? Question is where do you think he will be 3 years from now given his performances so far?
    Welcome back!hahaha it seems you mellowed down these days.hahaha unfortunately, you have ditch caffaro and now riding another one.lol i am predicting that Caffaro wont be drafted and for Ballo he wont be effective to today's NBA. Kai would need tons of hardwork to be NBA ready but his upside is way too high for NBA to not draft him when he would be 20 or 21. I believe he wont be ready at 19. We dont mature early physically. I think he would be better at 20 or 21. He could be a mix of Gobert-Jokic. At 20 or 21 kai would be in the NBA. Giannis was just a project same with Gobert when they entered the draft. Kai is too good offensively and his weakness and defense would definitely improve as he matures. Whatever, criticism you have of him he will still land in the NBA. He wont attract attention if he is just pure hype.lol His so-so performance during the last two games was because mainly of fatigue but he have been good against those who you think would dominate him.lol If Edu was around, they would have dominated the post on all our opponents.

^^Very likely, your last sentence. Edu is an even better rim protector as evidenced by his per minute elite numbers, and owing to the fact he has already proven himself in a D1 setting. It was a block party once more waiting to happen, reminiscent of what they've done in the past. Too bad....
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    ^^Very likely, your last sentence. Edu is an even better rim protector as evidenced by his per minute elite numbers, and owing to the fact he has already proven himself in a D1 setting. It was a block party once more waiting to happen, reminiscent of what they've done in the past. Too bad....
    Exactly!hehe Kai would have played with more swag and confidence. Kai played like he lost something after the Edu incident. It is like he played 70% of his potential. You could clearly observe on how he moves and carry himself on the court. Despite that, he still perform really well for a 17yr old against older players. Edu would have led this tourney in terms of blocks. It would have been too difficult for opponents to penetrate and score inside. Sayang lang napilay tayo ng isang buong kamay or isang paa and these wannabees seems to know everything.lol Those much talked serb frontline are way below as compare to EDU and Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Welcome back!hahaha it seems you mellowed down these days.hahaha unfortunately, you have ditch caffaro and now riding another one.lol i am predicting that Caffaro wont be drafted and for Ballo he wont be effective to today's NBA. Kai would need tons of hardwork to be NBA ready but his upside is way too high for NBA to not draft him when he would be 20 or 21. I believe he wont be ready at 19. We dont mature early physically. I think he would be better at 20 or 21. He could be a mix of Gobert-Jokic. At 20 or 21 kai would be in the NBA. Giannis was just a project same with Gobert when they entered the draft. Kai is too good offensively and his weakness and defense would definitely improve as he matures. Whatever, criticism you have of him he will still land in the NBA. He wont attract attention if he is just pure hype.lol His so-so performance during the last two games was because mainly of fatigue but he have been good against those who you think would dominate him.lol If Edu was around, they would have dominated the post on all our opponents.
    He had his eyes set on Froling for a while but his new toy got dominated by a much younger Ballo so he decided that the African is the only way to troll against Kai. He thought froling will dominate Kai just like how they did last year but obviously our boy has stepped up his game significantly.

He had his eyes set on Froling for a while but his new toy got dominated by a much younger Ballo so he decided that the African is the only way to troll against Kai. He thought froling will dominate Kai just like how they did last year but obviously our boy has stepped up his game significantly.
    hahaha Froling's fate would also be the same with Caffaro. Ballo wont be really valuable in the NBA these days. He is just over powering everyone at this level but it wont be the same in the big league. Power alone wont give you signicant minutes. If indeed, European teams would really get Kai then it is a guarantee that he will be an NBA first rounder come draft day.

Andre Drummond is a great example. He would’ve been a superstar if it was in the 2000s or earlier but now he is just an ok center.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    No offense but what's make you think that the NBA would wait for Kai to turn to 20-21 years old to draft him? I'm not downplaying Kai performance, but what special about him that they would wait when he's fully matured when there's hundreds of young prospect out there with pretty much more or same talent as him. Based on current scouting reports they're not terribly impressed nor disappointed but they still don't see Kai as an NBA prospect as of now. If he really wants to be in NBA then he should start improving now because the NBA isn't the same as PBA it's a highly competitive league and things can change quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    No offense but what's make you think that the NBA would wait for Kai to turn to 20-21 years old to draft him? I'm not downplaying Kai performance, but what special about him that they would wait when he's fully matured when there's hundreds of young prospect out there with pretty much more or same talent as him. Based on current scouting reports they're not terribly impressed nor disappointed but they still don't see Kai as an NBA prospect as of now. If he really wants to be in NBA then he should start improving now because the NBA isn't the same as PBA it's a highly competitive league and things can change quickly.
    Honestly, I don't get your point. It's really just up to Kai and his camp, and any other player, to decide when to join the draft.

Honestly, I don't get your point. It's really just up to Kai and his camp, and any other player, to decide when to join the draft.
    That's not my point at all.

People are totally confusing prediction making (which even the best analyst get wrong as flip flopping) with current assessment and reviews, the factual info is Kai is behind right now comparative to the norm of his age that was drafted, (at any age 21 etc), can he make up loss ground, of course that's possible (not sure about probable) just like many low ranked high school prospects drastically caught up after college.

speaking of what's next for Kai, I would think if the SBP considers Kai as a prize asset to invest in, and he's not doing anything in the next month. they should inlcude him in practices and the Gilas Spain tour, maybe while there (Spain) he can reconnect with his Spain contacts (BTW he's visited previously) ... to plan out what's next... the main thing is he needs a concrete program to get into for the coming year. hindi peude , that he's just in limbo and waiting for the next gig..

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Kai's offensive skills, Bball IQ and offensive instincts are too good for them to not draft him. Combine that with his height and fluidity and that is the reason for the hype on him. I believe that some scouts are just too bias against him. It is uncommon for a 7'2 Filipino to excel against Europeans and Americans. If ever a european team would really acquire him, then it is a guarantee he will be drafted.lol Also, His defense would just get better as he gets stronger and older. It is too absurd that you guys are insisting that the nba would really want all players to apply for the draft at age 19.lol why would you rush someone if he aint physically ready? They have been drafting 19yrs old and older all the time. The 19yr old notion is just an assumption. It is not really the accepted truth. They been getting players everywhere irregardless of age. That 19 age assumption were just pure BS.lol In the end, very few 19yrs old could immediately contribute and have an impact in the nba eversince.lol i think kai applying around 21 wont matter. Scouts and Gm arent stupid to just base things on age alone.lol Analyst and Gms wannabees.hahaha
    Last edited by TWiTCH; 07-16-2019 at 09:20 PM.

No drafting at 19 years old is real, but just to clarrify it's not that no one is drafted after 19 years old but the window of opporunity narrows after 19 years old. Here is hard data to prove the point.

http://digg.com/2019/nba-draft-picks-visualized

Why is this the case? Because NBA teams want to use their 1st and 2nd pick to secure the most promising, for foreign players like Kai they may secure his rights at 19 years old by drafting him, then only sign him when he's ready as a 21 or 22 year old..

drafting at 19 as preferred plan for foreign based prospect is real . in the new and current NBA!

Page 300 of 308 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302 ... LastLast