Page 578 of 619 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588 ... LastLast
Results 11,541 to 11,560 of 12370

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Based on the stats, he's the better defender while kai is better on offence. But based on the highlight clips you shared, kessler definitely, as of this time, has the better handles but seems not to have much moves in the post, definitely a guy who prefers to face up. Ironically, his jumpshots don't seem fluid specifically when he shoots the 3, kind of looks awkward to me. If kai keeps on working with the current trainers he has, it won't take a year for Kai to advance over this kid.
    But if basing the fundamentals, for sure scout will bet on kai, not because he is younger but kai can offer more, one of the best in kai is the capability to create a play, not just his good passing ability but the point guard mentality, if you notice, most of the offensive play, either the offense start from him or he is involve and based on the video clip, that what the other guy don't have

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    But if basing the fundamentals, for sure scout will bet on kai, not because he is younger but kai can offer more, one of the best in kai is the capability to create a play, not just his good passing ability but the point guard mentality, if you notice, most of the offensive play, either the offense start from him or he is involve and based on the video clip, that what the other guy don't have
    That's why I was saying it won't take a year for Kai to advance over kessler. Kessler post game seem limited to going to his right for a hook shot. If he turns left, you know he's settling for a jumpshot which, by the way, doesn't just look awkward but also quite slow. His face up game is his bread and butter

offensively, maybe he is better but that's only 1 side of the floor. defensively, he is way behind. he needs to double his effort on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by KOYATURLING View Post
    offensively, maybe he is better but that's only 1 side of the floor. defensively, he is way behind. he needs to double his effort on that end.
    How far is he way behind? I can see there's almost 3 blks that separates them but then just 1 rebound difference and kai is even ahead in steals. Also, maybe the word maybe (ahead on offense) isn't necessary as the stats also clearly show Kai is ahead in the points and assists department. Unless maybe if you can show stats that kessler makes up by being more efficient in his field goal percentages or maybe he averaged less minutes played. But then maybe also, kessler has more blocks but has also given up more fouls and free throws, I mean, just maybe
    Last edited by astigram04; 03-11-2020 at 02:29 PM.

How far is he way behind? I can see there's almost 3 blks that separates them but then just 1 rebound difference and kai is even ahead in steals. Also, maybe the word maybe (ahead on offense) isn't necessary as the stats also clearly show Kai is ahead in the points and assists department. Unless maybe if you can show stats that kessler makes up by being more efficient in his field goal percentages or maybe he averaged less minutes played. But then maybe also, kessler has more blocks but has also given up more fouls and free throws
    I’ve watched Kessler in more vids than most. His advantage versus Kai is his ability to block a player shot who are going up for jumpshots facing him even in the perimeter. Kai can also do 5 blocks a game if he puts his mind to go for it. Offensively Kessler ran the break regularly to receive outlet passes from guards off inbound.He is more comfortable right now dribbling facing up than Kai.
    Kai has a better post up game, better use of weak hand, better jump shot and outside shot mechanics and percentage and more involved in creating shots for his teammates either thru picks or passes.
    Kai can definitely use Kessler’s pluses as points to improve on. No issues on athleticism or size they are about the same. 1 year is more than enough if he improves the way he did last year to now. That is why Walker Kessler is a good benchmark for Kai’s improvement. That’s my entire point not really to say who is better right now.

Stats at the highschiol level don’t really matter because the diversity of the comp between players. That’s why scouts tend to come out at showcases and tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Stats at the highschiol level don’t really matter because the diversity of the comp between players. That’s why scouts tend to come out at showcases and tournaments
    I disagree. Stats are facts and as such it matters. It may not be the whole picture but you can also see who they played thru stats and forms a basis as well for determining if someone is worth scouting. Ofcourse it also helps to check vids online.

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    I’ve watched Kessler in more vids than most. His advantage versus Kai is his ability to block a player shot who are going up for jumpshots facing him even in the perimeter. Kai can also do 5 blocks a game if he puts his mind to go for it. Offensively Kessler ran the break regularly to receive outlet passes from guards off inbound.He is more comfortable right now dribbling facing up than Kai.
    Kai has a better post up game, better use of weak hand, better jump shot and outside shot mechanics and percentage and more involved in creating shots for his teammates either thru picks or passes.
    Kai can definitely use Kessler’s pluses as points to improve on. No issues on athleticism or size they are about the same. 1 year is more than enough if he improves the way he did last year to now. That is why Walker Kessler is a good benchmark for Kai’s improvement. That’s my entire point not really to say who is better right now.
    Hehe I didn't mean to be too elaborate. Was just trying to make him realise his tendency to downplay Kai. The excessive usage of "maybe" was intentional tho

I disagree. Stats are facts and as such it matters. It may not be the whole picture but you can also see who they played thru stats and forms a basis as well for determining if someone is worth scouting. Ofcourse it also helps to check vids online.
    Stats are facts but they can sometimes be misleading, a guy like Julian Newman averages 25 points and 9 assists per game but he’s not getting serious or any attention frankly from the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Stats are facts but they can sometimes be misleading, a guy like Julian Newman averages 25 points and 9 assists per game but he’s not getting serious or any attention frankly from the NBA.
    This is a fair point you raised and I agree with it. Only reason i disagreed with you was your earlier statement that “high school stats doesnt really matter” because it does. Thanks for clarifying

This is a fair point you raised and I agree with it. Only reason i disagreed with you was your earlier statement that “high school stats doesnt really matter” because it does. Thanks for clarifying
    You’re right I should have explained myself clearer, I’ll try do so in the future

OT: Nba suspends season cause of cirona virus

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1237917831506857989?s=19

Kai is safe. Looks like He is better in europe where there is no much ncov

^dunno if this guy is trying to be funny but he’s lowkey starting to become annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

COVID-19 is everywhere, in Europe most football matches are being played in closed doors some footballers and owners have tested positive for covid-19
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Bruh literally everything you say is misinformed. Its starting to piss some people off. Italy, France, Spain and Germany are in the top 10 (for most cases0) with more european countries in the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    ^dunno if this guy is trying to be funny but he’s lowkey starting to become annoying.
    i mean if you make 50 posts a day about your opinions and unverified chismis you're bound to annoy some people. reminds me of the kobe paras fanboy here when he was new.

good thing is this forum has an ignore list.

And even if he ends up convincing each one of us here that Kai should go to Europe instead with amount of times he stated his opinion, at the end of the day it will still be Kai’s decision and that’s for him and his team to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    And even if he ends up convincing each one of us here that Kai should go to Europe instead with amount of times he stated his opinion, at the end of the day it will still be Kai’s decision and that’s for him and his team to make.
    Of course, it's kai's and his camp's call and whatever our opinion is won't count fo them but I'm still curious to Know the pulse of the other posters. And as far as im concerned, the US NCAA is the best route. Second will be a full time commitment to the Gilas program for a year or a few months over. The euro route will be my last choice

Definitely, he should go to Italy (Div 1 preferably) and play there. It's totally safe there and COVID-19 is a non-issue 100000%

Of course, it's kai's and his camp's call and whatever our opinion is won't count fo them but I'm still curious to Know the pulse of the other posters. And as far as im concerned, the US NCAA is the best route. Second will be a full time commitment to the Gilas program for a year or a few months over. The euro route will be my last choice
    Yeah I’m the same way, that’s why I check these forums out. But he doesnt really have to say it so many times everyday.

Page 578 of 619 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588 ... LastLast