Page 341 of 376 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 7518

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    @Silent Killer

If you are to scout Junmar Fajardo in one game, which game would you watch, Gilas game versus Cambodia or Gilas game vs. China?
    i'll watch both..

and kai was scouted in a lowly seaba u16 by some teams abroad..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    as someone mentioned here, scouts will find you irregardless where you are and they don't care the level of opponents na nakalaban ng players.. they are scouts for a reason..
    Yes, scouts will still watch you even in a one-sided game, but as I've said, scouts will put more weight on the more competitive games that you've played. There's not much to scout in a one-sided ballgame.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

i'll watch both..

and kai was scouted in a lowly seaba u16 by some teams abroad..
    You're only allowed to watch one game. So you have to choose only one.

By the way, you better bring coffee if you choose to watch the Gilas-Cambodia game. Baka makatulog ka watching that game.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Yes, scouts will still watch you even in a one-sided game, but as I've said, scouts will put more weight on the more competitive games that you've played. There's not much to scout in a one-sided ballgame.
    kaya you don’t belittle kai’s performance against ABI. yep it’s low quality opponent, but you can see how he plays that game.. small details from that game and everything.. every details count for scouts even against a lowly opponent..

What I meant to say was Kai’s stats are a little inflated because of the competition he faced in that game. However it doesn’t take away the skill set he displayed ie.passing, euro step, dribbling

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Kai almost had triple double in just 3 quarters (he only played a minute in the 4th

Kai also tried a double step back and a euro step but both shot didn't go in.

He played as PF/C in this game.

In the US the coach will get called out if the game has been a blowout and still playing the starters just to run up the scores.Usually coach will just play his "Rudy's" for the rest of the game.

You're only allowed to watch one game. So you have to choose only one.

By the way, you better bring coffee if you choose to watch the Gilas-Cambodia game. Baka makatulog ka watching that game.
    I think we all just found out about about ABI last night. All we know about that team is that it got ranover by TSF and that's all the basis of that conclusion that it's a very weak team. So I tried to do some research, unfortunately there isn't much except for one recent game they played, it was a close one but sill a loss

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    I think we all just found out about about ABI last night. All we know about that team is that it got ranover by TSF and that's all the basis of that conclusion that it's a very weak team. So I tried to do some research, unfortunately there isn't much except for one recent game they played, it was a close one but sill a loss
    http://www.abihoops.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Good lord that website needs a radical makeover
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by monsoonxvi View Post
    There is one 15-year old that I personally know and his family pays for it (I would to if my son was 6'6" at 14 and athletic). A lot of well-to-do Chinese families with huge kids nowadays. Another famous one that I know also paid his own is Michael Wang (played against Kai) who is now with Univ of Pennsylvania. But, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some who are being helped by their government, like I said there are so many of them.
    This is what Pinoy fans don't realise "there so many of them". playing overseas, the rate that other nations are churning out players is overwhelming in comparison to the Philippines, I point this out because in another thread I think China was used as an example of lack of players playing overseas.
    Many are just simply not aware of the accurate situation of things, ang daming players lang talaga yung Ibang bansa..
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    This is what Pinoy fans don't realise "there so many of them". playing overseas, the rate that other nations are churning out players is overwhelming in comparison to the Philippines, I point this out because in another thread I think China was used as an example of lack of players playing overseas.
    Many are just simply not aware of the accurate situation of things, ang daming players lang talaga yung Ibang bansa..
    Economic reasons. not everyone can afford or willing to spend and take risks.. plus it's already more of a sure thing if you play in the Philippines. Players nga from 1st world countries move there to play

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Economic reasons. not everyone can afford or willing to spend and take risks.. plus it's already more of a sure thing if you play in the Philippines. Players nga from 1st world countries move there to play
    It's really something to be made aware of, the often perception of a Chinese National player is supported by the government. but one thing taken for granted there are actually very many rich (or can afford) Chinese citizens who can support privatly players to play overseas... One cannot understimate the impact of this.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

It's really something to be made aware of, the often perception of a Chinese National player is supported by the government. but one thing taken for granted there are actually very many rich (or can afford) Chinese citizens who can support privatly players to play overseas... One cannot understimate the impact of this.
    It’s very much the same with the Japanese and now the Koreans have 2 kids going D1, the lack of financial support is a factor that needs to be addressed.

For most of these kids basketball is a way ouy of poverty.. only a handful are rich or middle class.

I like what I saw from the highlights. Decent foot speed and timing to track down blocks. Dunks or double pumps down low are automatic. Runs back on defense to help out on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Good FT shooting form and probably outside shooting too. Goes for rebounds and tips it to himself.

On the negative, his post move dribble can be anticipated and stopped.

This is a good first step. Need to see him against bigger opponents.

as someone mentioned here, scouts will find you irregardless where you are and they don't care the level of opponents na nakalaban ng players.. they are scouts for a reason..
    I agree its not the what's but the who's that the scouts are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Ok noted.

Maybe ABI just suffered an off-night vs. TSF that is why it looked like a scrub team in that 50-point loss to TSF.

My point in treating a blow-out game as a not good exhibit for scouting purposes is that, both teams will have the tendency to take it easy or relax after one team pulls away with a big margin. Players will usually relax as the game is already settled long before the final buzzer sound, as in the case of the TSF vs. ABI game where the former beat the latter with a huge 50-pt. margin. Eh sino ba namang player ang gaganahan kung yung lamang ng kalaban eh 30 pts. at halftime?

The point here is that, a not so good player can register good stats during "garbage" time.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 11-15-2019 at 12:53 AM.

This is true, even if you play in the Philippines, the budgets these scouts have to travel half way around the world will be done (it's happening regularly) as it's really their job to do so ( they're paid for this), the fact that no one is visiting the Philippines and are visiting other places which are even farther and less assesible than the Philippines is precicely for obvious reasons. Scouts go where there is talent to be found.

This is true, even if you play in the Philippines, the budgets these scouts have to travel half way around the world will be done (it's happening regularly) as it's really their job to do so ( they're paid for this), the fact that no one is visiting the Philippines and are visiting other places which are even farther and less assesible than the Philippines is precicely for obvious reasons. Scouts go where there is talent to be found.
    What happens with Kai is going to be important not just for his future but other future Filipino prospects looking to go abroad, how he performs might make scouts interested in what’s going on in the Philippines, for example if a player like Kai can come from the Philippines then there might be other hidden gems as well, usually the door opens once a player makes it big.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    What happens with Kai is going to be important not just for his future but other future Filipino prospects looking to go abroad, how he performs might make scouts interested in what’s going on in the Philippines, for example if a player like Kai can come from the Philippines then there might be other hidden gems as well, usually the door opens once a player makes it big.
    Thats the reason why its kind frustrating that some of our local talents who got offers from foreign teama like Junmar and Castro and just turn down the offers. They couod have trailblazed foe the other Local players playing in CBA pero inaayawan lang nila.

Page 341 of 376 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast