Page 340 of 377 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 7530

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    i think the game is 10 minute per qtr not 8..

https://twitter.com/coachrobjohnson/...189035521?s=21

if you notice on their score board the first few possession of TSF it says somewhere 9 minutes plus..
    I stand corrected. Tnx

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Not gonna lie the competition seemed bad
    Just by looking at the scores of the teams, a 70-point margin says it all. Its like a game between Gilas & Cambodia.

Definitely, Kai's mettle wasn't tested in this game
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Just by looking at the scores of the teams, a 70-point margin says it all. Its like a game between Gilas & Cambodia.

Definitely, Kai's mettle wasn't tested in this game
    At this point, no matter how bad the competition is, it doesn't matter.. because at this stage in Kai's training, all you need to see are his personal skills.. how his skills have developed.. and true enough, it has by leaps and bounds.. which is a very good indicator he is on the right track..

by next year and 2021 which is his projected NBA draft class, that is where we should see how he fares with tough competition.. that is where we judge him on how he is compared to the big dogs..

but now, so far so good.. we have never EVER seen a Filipino player this TALL to have these special set of skills - dribbling, blocking, dunking all over, shooting.. NEVER!

^^
    Got to admit yun yung talent, and note Kai's not even in many mock drafts yet (2020 or 2021).
    Again.. you realize there is really a reason why some are rated better prospects than others and why despite are many players none of them really are of this level of serious prospects, they're a few levels below (no knock really), all this excuses why we don't have an NBA home grown player or not getting serious interest for Div 1 or major foreign leagues(like not getting noticed kasi malayo tayo or politics ) isn't really true, more than anything it's really talent. It's good to see that finally we have Kai who's really showing what it really requires to get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    so in essense they get automatic entry during jr nba tournaments? thats the perk?
    You could say that. However, they only get automatic entry for the regional tournaments, for the US there are 8 Regions. They will still have to emerge as regional champion before they can compete in the Global Championships (all expenses paid) last held in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    Could be. I also noticed some Asians on their team. Those boys are pretty mobile and I guess they play at wing positions. Could be headaches for us in the coming years :-)
    To give you guys an idea, a lot of the famous travel teams/programs in the US have a mainland Chinese kid training in their teams. And usually, exceptionally tall and most of the time arrives aged around 14. Just going by statistical probability, they're bound to have a Hachimura.

Quote Originally Posted by monsoonxvi View Post
    To give you guys an idea, a lot of the famous travel teams/programs in the US have a mainland Chinese kid training in their teams. And usually, exceptionally tall and most of the time arrives aged around 14. Just going by statistical probability, they're bound to have a Hachimura.
    we could have our own hachimura too, if we allowed the FSAs to play here after they graduate.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

I'm just curious who funds the Chinese Nationals US training, private or CHINESE federation?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    I'm just curious who funds the Chinese Nationals US training, private or CHINESE federation?
    There is one 15-year old that I personally know and his family pays for it (I would to if my son was 6'6" at 14 and athletic). A lot of well-to-do Chinese families with huge kids nowadays. Another famous one that I know also paid his own is Michael Wang (played against Kai) who is now with Univ of Pennsylvania. But, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some who are being helped by their government, like I said there are so many of them.

If only those Chinese kids are half-black, then China would have many Hachimuras in their basketball team..

Quote Originally Posted by zuma169 View Post
    At this point, no matter how bad the competition is, it doesn't matter.. because at this stage in Kai's training, all you need to see are his personal skills.. how his skills have developed.. and true enough, it has by leaps and bounds.. which is a very good indicator he is on the right track..

by next year and 2021 which is his projected NBA draft class, that is where we should see how he fares with tough competition.. that is where we judge him on how he is compared to the big dogs..

but now, so far so good.. we have never EVER seen a Filipino player this TALL to have these special set of skills - dribbling, blocking, dunking all over, shooting.. NEVER!
    There's no question about that. I'm just implying that Kai's true mettle/potential wasn't tested against significantly inferior opponents. Its like Junmar erupting for 35 pts. & 20 rebs against Vietnam. Who the hell cares?

Now its going to be different if Junmar registers those kind of stats (even slightly less than that) against China, Iran, Korea, Lebanon or Jordan.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

There's no question about that. I'm just implying that Kai's true mettle/potential wasn't tested against significantly inferior opponents. Its like Junmar erupting for 35 pts. & 20 rebs against Vietnam. Who the hell cares?

Now its going to be different if Junmar registers those kind of stats (even slightly less than that) against China, Iran, Korea, Lebanon or Jordan.
    and he played well against a quality opponent in IMG academy led by kenyon martin jr.

kai posted good numbers from that game..

Kai is now in America to train. He's in a good program playing and training with quality players, what more can we ask for? one game is one game. it's not like he's gonna go against opposition like that all the time. Maybe IBN should just manage Kai and develop a training program for him lol
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

and he played well against a quality opponent in IMG academy led by kenyon martin jr.

kai posted good numbers from that game..
    Yes, & that game is a good exhibit in measuring Kai's true potential because it was a highly competitive game. That despite Kai's team TSF lost.

Yes, & that game is a good exhibit in measuring Kai's true potential because it was a highly competitive game. That despite Kai's team TSF lost.
    irregardless of the level of the opponents, scouts will watch that game and observed kahit the level of the opponent is the same level of timor leste.. kaya scouts won't say "that opponent? who cares we won't watch that"

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Kai is now in America to train. He's in a good program playing and training with quality players, what more can we ask for? one game is one game. it's not like he's gonna go against opposition like that all the time. Maybe IBN should just manage Kai and develop a training program for him lol
    Bro, I just said that Kai's true mettle wasn't tested in his last game with his team TSF because it played a significantly inferior opponent. I didn't mean to marginalize Kai's training in the US because I think that he is getting great training & competition in the US right now.

I just couldn't understand how my posts would merit such kind of reaction

Bro, I just said that Kai's true mettle wasn't tested in his last game with his team TSF because it played a significantly inferior opponent. I didn't mean to marginalize Kai's training in the US because I think that he is getting great training & competition in the US right now.

I just couldn't understand how my posts would merit such kind of reaction
    kaya scouts won't say "that is their opponents? who cares we won't watch it" they will watch that irregardless and check the numbers..

irregardless of the level of the opponents, scouts will watch that game and observed kahit the level of the opponent is the same level of timor leste..
    No bro, I don't think so. Scouts would still put more weight on Kai's games where he is exposed to decent competition. Blowout games won't be a good exhibit for the scouts.

No bro, I don't think so. Scouts would still put more weight on Kai's games where he is exposed to decent competition. Blowout games won't be a good exhibit for the scouts.
    as someone mentioned here, scouts will find you irregardless where you are and they don't care the level of opponents na nakalaban ng players.. they are scouts for a reason..

@Silent Killer

If you are to scout Junmar Fajardo in one game, which game would you watch, Gilas game versus Cambodia or Gilas game vs. China?

Page 340 of 377 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast