Page 323 of 342 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 6824

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Yes, 7 footers get dunked on, it happens and will happen but I dont think it's appropriate to call it a norm. If that's a norm to a 7 footer, and that does not bother him, it's either he's just that bad or he is mentally challenged lol. Is OK to get dunked in a sense that it does really happen even to the best defenders but to say that so long as there was a challenge isn't right, there are proper ways to defend against dunkers and that wasn't the case in those couple of challenges against Green and I'm sure Kai's trainers will address that if tnot have been addressing that already.
    it will and it will happened if you get dunked on and no matter how you defend that properly..

even we suggest the perfect defense on how to defend a dunk like green, it’s normal for 7 footers to get dunked on.. kahit how many times that player dunk on a certain 7 footer..

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell View Post
    I really think it makes very little sense for Kai to play against top level competition in the USA.

He could easily be playing against USA college basketball type players on the Grind Session (a US High school basketball league that does not have the same rules as States/Cities, this is what Lamelo Ball played in last season), but I think it is good he is not, because in all likelihood he would be getting dunked on once a game probably and those videos would go viral in the US, and in general I don't think that helps a big mans confidence.
    WTF??!! Ladies and gentlemen this right here pretty much sums up our whole screwed up basketball mentality here in the philippines!! Yup..let's all just be contented in our little corner in the world..no need to leave your comfort zone when you can keep dominating over guys 6 inches shorter than you..! No wonder we have 26 year old pro rookies in the PBA as a norm! No point in challenging yourself to become a better player..tutal...andyan naman ang PBA ehh!!

Sorry but this has gotta be the dumbest post I've read so far in this thread..LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    it will and it will happened if you get dunked on and no matter how you defend that properly..

even we suggest the perfect defense on how to defend a dunk like green, it’s normal for 7 footers to get dunked on.. kahit how many times that player dunk on a certain 7 footer..
    We tend to forget that Green isn't just any player. He's one of the top prospects worldwide for his age group. A player like Green will dunk on anyone if given the chance, and regardless of the type of defense you put up. Just so happened that his victim last summer was Sotto.
    Keep running, big boy.

Sorry OT.

But found this guide, while obviously just a guide the NJCAA is approriate for UAAP college

NCAA D1 NCAA D2 NCAA D3/NAIA NJCAA
    Point Guard 6’1+ 6’0+ 5’10+ 5’9+
    Shooting Guard 6’3+ 6’2+ 6’0+ 5’10+
    Small Forward 6’5+ 6’4+ 6’3+ 6’3+
    Power Forward 6’7+ 6’6+ 6’5+ 6’4+
    Center 6’9+ 6’8+ 6’7+ 6’6+

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Sorry OT.

But found this guide, while obviously just a guide the NJCAA is approriate for UAAP college

NCAA D1 NCAA D2 NCAA D3/NAIA NJCAA
    Point Guard 6’1+ 6’0+ 5’10+ 5’9+
    Shooting Guard 6’3+ 6’2+ 6’0+ 5’10+
    Small Forward 6’5+ 6’4+ 6’3+ 6’3+
    Power Forward 6’7+ 6’6+ 6’5+ 6’4+
    Center 6’9+ 6’8+ 6’7+ 6’6+
    Those height min are completely doable for the Philippines, in fact we should be producing guards like crazy that can play in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Those height min are completely doable for the Philippines, in fact we should be producing guards like crazy that can play in other countries.
    And we are (producing) but for the NJCAA level, note this is "college" , most of our players are of really only appropriate for 2nd tier college level internationaly , definitly not for pro level , the guide for pro level is Div 1.. anything lower like what's happening in the PBA clearly shows it is a protective league (not legitimate real open compeitition relevant for FIBA)

Note NJCAA is not supsidised scholarships , most Pinoy ballers would not be able to shoulder the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post

people should take into account how many blocks he has compared to the dunk was done against him. i think he is pretty good defensively. theres always room for improvement sure. but now baby steps he is working on his weaknesses offensively in the future defense will surely be addressed. but usually defense is learned through a team play, so once he joins a team, pretty sure he'll learn more.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

JUST IN: Kai is now committed to play for ADMU

If this is true, then I’m going out on a limb here, THAT is good news. Coach Tab can shepherd the kid and his career properly, and it seems to me that the MVP group has committed its resources to see to the success of this once-in-a-generation Pinoy. His success, after all, will be what all of us are after .

Are we being trolled?

Kai is really bulking up..sky is the limit for this kid..

Quote Originally Posted by Liptong View Post

Yep..cocoy martin was right all along if this is true. Really disappointing news. Keep dominating those undersized centers Kai...

I doubt it’s true or we would be seeing multiple articles by now....lol

Source?
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Source?
    Cocoy.

With this kind of ball handling training Kai has been undergoing, I won't be surprised if this kid's dribbling skills would be almost as good as that of a natural point guard.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    With this kind of ball handling training Kai has been undergoing, I won't be surprised if this kid's dribbling skills would be almost as good as that of a natural point guard.
    he has good personalized training. they know what they want kai to do. kid is working hard. people may not realize this but the amount of money to send him to this training along with his family is enourmous. thankfully there are some generous sponsors for his development. and it would seem that he is not wasting that money. kai's development is really important for 2023.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    he has good personalized training. they know what they want kai to do. kid is working hard. people may not realize this but the amount of money to send him to this training along with his family is enourmous. thankfully there are some generous sponsors for his development. and it would seem that he is not wasting that money. kai's development is really important for 2023.
    It would even play a more important role beyond 2023. Why? For the 2023 FIBA World Cup, we are automatically qualified being the host. But for the 2027 FIBA World Cup, we need to get as many wins possible to qualify.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Aaaand another one goes to my ignore list lol.

Page 323 of 342 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333 ... LastLast