Page 472 of 562 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 11229

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Why would anyone not named Ben Simmons willingly shoot weak handed jump shots
    I don't know maybe the better question is maybe lebron better use his "true" dominant hand when shooting crucial free throws

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Kai's skillset for a big is very rare. His espn rating doesnt mean anything. It just that the person who created that had not diligently followed kai. His US games are still to few. He will improve his ranking as the year progress. Those who were amaze by kai were those who have seen a lot of his game and his progression. Nba teams do their homework. They dont scout their prospective talents just by checking mere highlights. They would toil hours or days just to observe a prospect. Kai's would continually rise. I dont see anything extraordinary with mobley. He is just damn athletic but skillwise he is average. Kai's passing is too amazing. His touch passes were phenomenal. His anticipation of were the player would be is elite.
    So aside from Kai,.who do you think among the big man prospect will be an an nba star and rival Kai

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Did I use free throws as the only basis? It was even just the secondary basis. We may have not seen Kai shoot free throws with his right but he has been shooting hooks with both hands regularly. He shoots FTs with his left but ask his dad and he'll tell you he's not a lefty. Bryant has at least proven he can shoot crucial FTs with his non dominant hand. He rarely does that but he did when it was called for. Lebron, he's not done that so there's no way yet to say he can. And lebron is near retirement already while Kai is just starting his
    I believe most of the nba players can. Nba players are special.

In practice or not an ifficial game, Shaq can make threes, Deandre Jirdan can makr free throws, and even Ben simmons can hit consecutive three pointers.

Kai belongs to nba because he is special. He is ambidextrous. Fast and Quick for his size. And atremendous feel for the game, and work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b.../view/espnu100

Only big man available in us ncaa are Maker, Omoruyi, and Kai. Im sure teams that needs center will make an official offer to them.

Besides, looks like Kai and Jalen can play together with auburn. Looks like auburn is among the strong contenders in Jalen and Kai.

I will still prefer europe. But it loooks like europe offers expired.

Us ncaa is the 2nd best option. And Auburn and georgia teach are the best destinations
    yep the europe offers expired since last year.. let’s see if there’s new one..

So aside from Kai,.who do you think among the big man prospect will be an an nba star and rival Kai
    Being an allstar is too steep too climb. It is not a guarantee that anyone of them will be one. They will really need to work for it. I am not sure of the roster for each all star team but if we set it at 12 per team then for 32 teams there are 384 players total in the nba. To be an allstar you should be better than the other 360. Less us take kai slowly, we should target first that he will be drafted. I just marvel on what he could offer at 17 and his possible potential. He still needs to work if he want to be an allstar and an atg.

Being an allstar is too steep too climb. It is not a guarantee that anyone of them will be one. They will really need to work for it. I am not sure of the roster for each all star team but if we set it at 12 per team then for 32 teams there are 384 players total in the nba. To be an allstar you should be better than the other 360. Less us take kai slowly, we should target first that he will be drafted. I just marvel on what he could offer at 17 and his possible potential. He still needs to work if he want to be an allstar and an atg.
    Yes. Agree.

But it looks like you are not convinced with mobley. Does that mean you are not convinced in any eapn top 100 big man aside from Kai?

If so, who do you think among espn will be 2nd to Kai for you in Big MAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Yep Kai has improved so much so the Europeans lost interest.

Yes. Agree.

But it looks like you are not convinced with mobley. Does that mean you are not convinced in any eapn top 100 big man aside from Kai?

If so, who do you think among espn will be 2nd to Kai for you in Big MAN?
    I havent checked most of them. I only checked highlights of mobley and he seems really light on his feet and athletic. Skill as a big and feel for the game is average. But I see why he was ranked high, he should constantly play against stiffer competition to really check his worth. It is like maker against kai and we have discovered he was really not special. Kai was just adjusting during that time. His teammates was also were playing hero ball most of the time. Kai now is TSF's alpha male. His confidence is also the highest ever and it results to him gradually asserting himself defensively. Si kai nalang talaga finollow ko these days. I was disappointed with gilas. I was in phil arena during the australia vs gilas and dont know what to feel. Then add to that the world cup debacle.haha nakakastress lang.haha

30 teams only, bro.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    http://www.gbacademy.eu/gba-invitational-2019

The tournament in czech republic is the best chance. A lot of european scouts and coaches are there.

Oops I forgot czech is a european country.

I hope Kai will get a passport this time
    Last edited by mathematicianrcg; 01-22-2020 at 02:23 PM.

I havent checked most of them. I only checked highlights of mobley and he seems really light on his feet and athletic. Skill as a big and feel for the game is average. But I see why he was ranked high, he should constantly play against stiffer competition to really check his worth. It is like maker against kai and we have discovered he was really not special. Kai was just adjusting during that time. His teammates was also were playing hero ball most of the time. Kai now is TSF's alpha male. His confidence is also the highest ever and it results to him gradually asserting himself defensively. Si kai nalang talaga finollow ko these days. I was disappointed with gilas. I was in phil arena during the australia vs gilas and dont know what to feel. Then add to that the world cup debacle.haha nakakastress lang.haha
    Oh I see.

If I will choose among the batchmate of Kai in espn. I will go with walker kessler. He have similarities with Kai.

He also have a dirk nowitzki fadeaway. Same speed as Kai. Not as good a passer as kai but decent. Kessler also looks like a little bit stronger finishing. Kai and kessler are the most skilled in that draft class.

Evan mobley, Sharpe, etc has the same games. They rely on their lateral quickness, explosiveness, and athleticism

Aside from that, I feel Kai will have some school visits to attend to. Like what happened to the grand carania tournament.

Looks like many schools are being interested with Kai. Offers will come, Kais camp must select the best option.

And that option is ....... EUROLEAGUE.
    Agree. Although from what I read here Euro league usually offers a long term contract, something that might not go well with Kai and family's plans vs going to college (per year commitment). If in case the Euro League route materializes, I think it will benefit Kai the best since he will exposed to playing the modern game (more of perimeter team oriented game) on the next level. Right now Kai is still a project, until Kai is able to improve on his motor, mobility assertiveness/energy specially on defense, scouts will look at him as a project hence reflecting in his ranking

https://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsit...ck-draft/2021/
    ColeSmooth's comments: Great footwork, Can dominate both in and out games. Similar gamstyle to Embiid but much more athletic. The most amazing in this one was that he is more athletic than embiid.hahaha i've been watching his pregame dunks and boy he is really athletic but only a few recognizes it. He looks unathletic sometimes during in games mainly because he is exhausted.

They are already recognizing what kai can do. It is just that he still needs to show how he will be able to compete against big ahead of him. Good performance over each big in the list will gradually increase his ranking. I already believe that nba scouts had already done their homework regarding kai.

Mide 2.20, dijo "NO" a los grandes clubes europeos y empieza a brillar a lo grande en Estados Unidos.

Es hora de que conozcas a Kai Sotto

https://t.co/kwdlvnlMrU

This tweets in europe were saying he was the one who declined barca, real madrid and baskonia.haha sought after but declined them. It is still unconfirmed if this were really true.

Kai Sotto, el filipino que dijo no al Madrid, Barça y Baskonia, en el punto de mira de las mejores universidades de EEUU https://t.co/Ma5U2jDhQu vía @kiaenzona

No asian as far as i know who has received this much attention both europe and US. These are not nonsense in the end their is really truth on why he is much sought.

Translation of spanish write up.

We had already talked about him. A few months ago the name of Kai Sotto appeared related to the great teams of Europe. We talked about one of the great promises of Asian basketball, a 17-year-old Filipino center that measures about 2.20 m.

As Sportando published and confirmed the player's father, Sotto handled four offers of equipment that wanted to incorporate him and that made the jump to Europe. Those four teams were three Spaniards (Real Madrid, Barcelona and Baskonia) and Alba Berlin. Finally the player and his environment decided to park that opportunity, and the boy joined the Skill Factory, an American academy where he studies and trains to improve his game.

And it seems that Kai Sotto's evolution is on track. We have seen it for example in the King Invitational Tournament, held a few days ago between different American academies, and in which Sotto was crowned as MVP, averaging 27 points, 10.6 rebounds, 4.3 blocks and 3 assists per game, and leading his team to the final victory.

Kai Sotto
    @kzsottolive
    Great weekend and happy to be CHAMPIONS with my brothers at @TheSkillFactory Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend.

Video inserted
    23:51 - Jan 21 2020
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    178 people are talking about this
    As you can see in the highlights, there are numerous instances in which Sotto simply takes advantage of his height to score without much effort, an advantage that he will lose as he advances in the next categories. But you can also see the work in the launch mechanics, or in the footwork.

Not surprisingly, there are already numerous American universities that have contacted him to try to convince him to sign a scholarship with them. This is the case of Kentucky, Georgia Tech, DePaul, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, USC. In fact, Sotto was visiting the Kentucky facilities in December.

However, Kai Sotto has not yet decided what his next step will be, and he has not ruled out becoming a professional in Europe instead of going through the American university.

"So far everything has been great, I have seen the opportunities that I can have here for me in the future," Sotto said in an interview with 247sports. «I still don't know 100% (what I will do), I haven't decided yet. I am focusing on this year, trying to improve, trying to be the best player possible for whatever happens next year. I can play professionally or in college. There are many opportunities

Oh I see.

If I will choose among the batchmate of Kai in espn. I will go with walker kessler. He have similarities with Kai.

He also have a dirk nowitzki fadeaway. Same speed as Kai. Not as good a passer as kai but decent. Kessler also looks like a little bit stronger finishing. Kai and kessler are the most skilled in that draft class.

Evan mobley, Sharpe, etc has the same games. They rely on their lateral quickness, explosiveness, and athleticism
    Yep I saw clips of Kessler, he actually has skills. Actually I am putting him above Kai at this moment, because he has the better motor and body build as of now. But he is older than Kai by almost a year and been playing and training in the US all his life. I think Kai will surpass him after a year or two. That is assuming Kai develops his physique and upper body strength.
    Last edited by spidey102279; 01-22-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Tahimik mga Kai pessimists. One can almost feel they are itching for his next bad or mediocre performance.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

https://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsit...ck-draft/2021/
    ColeSmooth's comments: Great footwork, Can dominate both in and out games. Similar gamstyle to Embiid but much more athletic. The most amazing in this one was that he is more athletic than embiid.hahaha i've been watching his pregame dunks and boy he is really athletic but only a few recognizes it. He looks unathletic sometimes during in games mainly because he is exhausted.

They are already recognizing what kai can do. It is just that he still needs to show how he will be able to compete against big ahead of him. Good performance over each big in the list will gradually increase his ranking. I already believe that nba scouts had already done their homework regarding kai.
    can an unathletic center do a 360 dunk?

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    can an unathletic center do a 360 dunk?
    Yes.haha windmill dunk, tmac dunks, larry nance tap the board dunk in game. he jumps way higher during pregame an we rarely see it. Those who comment that he is slow and unathletic usually observes 1 to 2 highlights.lol

I hope TSF can setup a game against Walker Kessler's team. Both teams are Atlanta based. It will be a good matchup between 2 most skilled big man in their batch.

Page 472 of 562 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522 ... LastLast