Page 464 of 557 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 11122

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    My assessment of Kai.. (obviously can be wrong) his stock will go up in the next realese of various ratings..
    his latest 76 for high school players can go as high as top 10 (I won't be surprise by mid year)

But to step back we have to look at within context of what does that really mean when we're comparing them to NBA stars, well 9 % of top 10, (1,5k) became stars in the NBA.. So as you can see despite all the recognition he's getting as a high school player his chances of being a star in the NBA are still slim at this point. (off course everyone is free to predict he will beat the odds (probability)

I know the caparrison with NBA stars is not in terms of level but in terms of skill, which I get, here is the thing. there actually many international players who showed high level skill set maybe even better than NBA stars.
    One of this prospects is Yi, in reports he would showcase incredible performances in shooting drills, very high %. As a result was drafted top 3? His game never blossomed in the NBA. Another is Bertans.. while he's playing well now, people still don't see him becoming an Al star.. As a teenager his skill in shooting was already better many NBA stars. So you see it doesn't necessarily follow that if you show better skill you will become a star.

Hoping for the best for Kai.. Still think he will make the NBA, still not sure if will be drafted or how high..
    This is by no means to counter anyone's opinion you're all entitled to that.. It's just one person's view
    Haha the immortal chairman Yi. Legends has it he looked good in workouts against an empty chair.

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    I'm just wondering some people say Kai's defense is undesirable. Imagine the ceiling if he improves on this aspect. If he's blocking shots almost 5x a game, if he continues to improve, he might be triple-double machine!
    -------------------
    I think he isn't focusing yet on that much. We have seen him doing 5 blocks or more during the fiba u19m but yes he seemed reluctant at times. There were moments wherein it looks like he can easily have swatted the ball but he didn't go for it. Especially those little guys who do the clutch and shoots in front of him.
    I guess it is just a matter of stamina (energy) and mental condition. Hope we can see in the future that he can improve on these aspects ( perhaps they are not yet giving him HIGH ALTITUDE training , because they are still focused on Kai gaining muscle and weight). BUt I am actually happy in what I am seeing right now specially this current game where he scored 34 pts.
    Once he improve on his energy,stamina, strength , quickness and speed. He will be a force to reckoned with. As of now we can still see him lagging around , always behind the pack in going to and fro up and back the court but who knows 6 more months what he will become.

Great performance by Kai that force us to discuss where he now belongs in nba draft prospects.

I am happy Kai is developing a signature move fake pass. All atg has signature move, Dirks fadeaway, Hakeem's dream shake, Shaq's power move, Kareem's hook shotDuncans Midrange and Fundamentals, etc.

Based on my PERSONAL assessment

2021 Nba draft prediction.(Barring Injuries)

2nd round - 100% ( if he is not in 1st round, then 2nd round is sure thing)
    1st round- 40% (Because Nba teams rarely draft centers, in last years draft, only around 7 centers were drafted.
    Lottery pick- 20%(can increase over time). He has a decent chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonifacio View Post
    Of course anything can happen in the future. However, my assessment is that he is on the right track so far. Although, there are a few prospects that didnt do that well in NBA, I would think that Kai has a better chance of doing well than another player that is not even mentioned in any ratings. Of course, it is not set in stone that if a player is rated now, that he will perform well in NBA. Anything can happen and any player not rated can still do well and be drafted. All I'm saying now, is that Kai is on the right track and I will bet on him than any other player that is not even mentioned in any ratings.
    What makes Kai different is his work ethics. All nba draft bust international players lack work ethics.
    Kai is very induatrious and work ethic. Kobe said that he became great because he have high work ethics.

Kai would be a Kristap Porzingis at worst, and Nikola Jokic at best.

Ofcourse, injuries are the stringest opponent, doesbt matter how good you are when you ate injured.

And look, We run out of current nba bigman to compare the skills with Kai. We need to go as back as Hakeem. Hakeem who
    Is an all time great, dominates shaq, and the only nba star to win a championship in jordan and bulls era

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. The dribble drive to the lane is for me the most impressive move a towering center like Kai Sotto can do. Such move indicates decent ball handling & body motor for a tall player.

If Kai further refines this move & develops a pretty decent 3-pt. shot, he will be very difficult to contain specially in Asia-Pacific basketball.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Correct me if I am wrong, Zhou Qi has no post offense? Right?

In my memory I haven’t seen any pinoy center fake a 3 point shot then put the ball on the floor and drive?

Joining the hype on Kai! Even if he does not make it in the NBA he will be our main big in Gilas.

My wish now on Kai is no injuries at this point in his career. He’ll be a target in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    where does Yao Ming belong is this list? we has pretty skilled also for 7'5" player with a very good mid range game..

who followed Zhou Qi & Kai Sotto at 17 who is the better player?

I understand why some people are saying Kai is very skilled. He is insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, Zhou Qi has no post offense? Right?

In my memory I haven’t seen any pinoy center fake a 3 point shot then put the ball on the floor and drive?
    Beau Belga. That's actually one of his signature moves.

That was a smooth move to the basket. But wasnt that a Fajardo fake pass to start it all off?

Quote Originally Posted by theD View Post
    JR Quinahan too, but Belga utilizes it more often: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xJSRR9fc2s. At this point Kai's handles are slightly better than Belga's; but both don't need to bring the ball up anyways
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Agree! But I am not talking about midget centers.

Quote Originally Posted by theD View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Agree! But I am not talking about midget centers.
    lol if you count Belga as a midget center, there would only be 3 centers in PH basketball, Junemar, Greg and Kai (not counting Asi coz he's retired from international duty)
    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    lol if you count Belga as a midget center, there would only be 3 centers in PH basketball, Junemar, Greg and Kai (not counting Asi coz he's retired from international duty)
    Almazan,Tautua,Erram?

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I understand why some people are saying Kai is very skilled. He is insane!!
    Potentially to be Hakeem skills alike.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    JR Quinahan too, but Belga utilizes it more often: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xJSRR9fc2s. At this point Kai's handles are slightly better than Belga's; but both don't need to bring the ball up anyways
    Kai's version is way too smooth and he could execute faster. It is not common even in the NBA. Kai could also finish in different ways after faking and driving. I have seen him finish with euro steps and teardrops in one play starting from the fake and dribble. He could also dish depending on situation or could drive and stop for a jumper. He is really a triple threat.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    That was a smooth move to the basket. But wasnt that a Fajardo fake pass to start it all off?
    Looks like kai is absorbing not just from those big NBA players but also from local stars. Can't tell now if his footwork will ever be as good as that of Hakeem and his explosiveness as that of Porzingis but he's gonna have in his arsenal what his idols, individually, does not have

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Looks like kai is absorbing not just from those big NBA players but also from local stars. Can't tell now if his footwork will ever be as good as that of Hakeem and his explosiveness as that of Porzingis but he's gonna have in his arsenal what his idols, individually, does not have
    Kai's offensive game is reminiscent of a lot of great bigs. It is like you see all of them in one package. Combine that with his 7'2 frame and decent athleticism indeed he is unicorn. He deserves all the hype that he is getting not just from us but all over the social media sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    Kai's offensive game is reminiscent of a lot of great bigs. It is like you see all of them in one package. Combine that with his 7'2 frame and decent athleticism indeed he is unicorn. He deserves all the hype that he is getting not just from us but all over the social media sites.
    Yeah. First time I saw a pure filipino dominates in US. Paras,japeth, parks cannot even go for 10 points. Considering they are older than kainwhen they try.

Kai Sotto is really a GEM that is given to us. Basketball GODS gave us Kai Sotto for our Passion in basketball.

2021, He will be in Nba 2k. A lot will play him.

Kai is also great for marketing purposes, houston does it with YAO and ither chinese players. China and Philippines are almost the same
    no. If fans in nba.

Marketing Kai will give Nba more views, more media attention, and etc

Quote Originally Posted by realpain View Post
    i think big will was injured in the middle of the game. kai played most of the game as their rim protector/stretch 5
    This last game had its share of physicality with some cheap shots thrown in. Jordan Willmore’s lip or nose got busted. Binagsakan ng elbow while his man drove down the middle. Some minutes after Kai retaliated for all the slaps and raised both elbows and knocked down another player while protecting the ball. Foul pa yung kalaban. Next play under the basket a guard intentionally slapped Kai on the face. 2 free throws pasok ni hindi nagreact si Kai. Nakakatakot feeling mo next play bka ma Ranidel ka. Blanko mukha pero may balak
    Last edited by wnox; 01-20-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    This last game had its share of physicality with some cheap shots thrown in. Jordan Willmore’s lip or nose got busted. Binagsakan ng elbow while his man drove done the middle. Some minutes after Kai retaliated for all the slaps and raised both elbows and knocked down another player while protecting the ball. Foul pa yung kalaban. Next play under the basket a guard intentionally slapped Kai on the face. 2 free throws pasok ni hindi nagreact si Kai. Nakakatakot feeling mo next play bka ma Ranidel ka. Blanko mukha pero may balak
    Even last game, one player undercut Kai. Most likely intentional because the natural reaction to defend a lob pass is to jump and deflect it, not take a step back towards your man. The latter is actually an infamous “sahod” play we all know to be intentional. Same thing, Kai did not react but made sure to let his elbows fly whenever defenders swarm him. Kid is tougher than people would expect him to be.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 464 of 557 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514 ... LastLast