Page 453 of 559 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 11162

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

His performance on his next team whether a pro or D1 college will indicate whether he will be good enough to be drafted in the NBA or not in a couple of years or even in 3 years.
    Last edited by Anonymous123; 01-13-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Oh boy i have heard it all now. So he is deliberately running slow, to avoid injury and protect his draft stock? I'm glad you are not in Kai's camp and sending him messages that he is all but guaranteed to be drafted and should run slow to avoid injury. News flash buddy fringe prospects like Kai are not guaranteed to get drafted into the NBA. The delusion on this board is real and i can't wait for the butt hurt excuses that will eventuate when your golden boy doesn't get drafted into the NBA. But let the circle jerk continue on here it provides the lulz.
    Ride on with your hate and pessimism forever.lol we will see come 2021 i dont think kai will prolong his stay via college route or unless he will go europe after this year. The interest all over the world for his services isnt just hype!haha you all just want to see a complete player at 17 idiots.haha you expect a pure filo to have a body and running condition of lebron lopez. Take off yoir blinders kai is elite offensively. I am not saying he is elite defensively. His offensive skillset will be his ticket. If jokic, duncan, ajinca, gasul and other slow centers were drafted, then how can an elite offensive 7'2 player not given a chance!hahaha tacko and boban are in the nba. Kai is throwing alley opp on himself, throwing windmills pregame and tap on board dunks.lol you lick your sorry asses when he be in the nba and bury all your alternicks come draft time.haha how can someone not be cautious when he is adding weight and so tall. Even williamson was cautious even as of this time, embiid didnt play for 2 to 3 years just to prepare his body for the nba.haha dumbasses blinded by too much bitterness and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    if he goes ncaa route, he should play 3 years and not 2 and not 1. he’s not 1 and done kind of player for me.. 3 is ideal.. european route, 2 years..
    i would still prefer he go europe.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

People should know.. East west isn't necessary in good financial situation, they obviously want to cash in sooner rather than later on Kai , I'm not sure of how a financial angle of EW getting rewarded for investment is possbile if Kai goes to a US college long term (3- 4 years).

Just saying.

Are all the interest from college coaches, well known scouts, teams all over the world, known social media outlets and websites were all pure BS?haha they wont waste time if he is not for real! Too sad you cant accept that a pure filo that was born and raise in rp could be this good and receive worldwide recognition.haha you sorry ass talent evaluators wannabee are way too better than all legit people who have been checking on him.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    People should know.. East west isn't necessary in good financial situation, they obviously want to cash in sooner rather than later on Kai , I'm not sure of how a financial angle of EW getting rewarded for investment is possbile if Kai goes to a US college long term (3- 4 years).

Just saying.
    East west is a factor but the fact will still remain. Hype on kai is pure and real. No NZ prospect had receive such hype as far as i know not even adams. No asian aside from yao ming got the most hype and attention as kai.lol get used to it. As the year progresses, he is becoming more legit and popular.

Quote Originally Posted by TWiTCH View Post
    East west is a factor but the fact will still remain. Hype on is pure and real. No NZ prospect had receive such hype as far as i know not even adams. No asian aside from yao ming got the most hype and attention as kai.lol get used to it. As the year progresses, he is becoming more legit and popular.
    Why and how did this become a discussion about NZ? are you trying to suggest something. BTW Adams was a top 5 pick projection in mock draft 2 years before he was drafted.. in case you didn't know his stock actually went down after his first year in Pitt.
    Last edited by analyzed; 01-13-2020 at 02:38 AM.

No asian aside from yao ming got the most hype and attention as kai.lol get used to it.
    Rui Hachimura? Yuta Watanabe?

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    wasn't Yi a top 5 pick? some of the exaggerated statements here...

It is well known here that you have been downplaying everything about phil bball. We concede that nz as a bball nation is more accomplished than phil but it doesnt mean that talents from phil are inferior. It is just that phil players and coaches arent expose to better competition. Kai on the other hand dared to be great, you and others here have been downplaying and slewing obvious pessimism from the get go.haha we on the other the hand are praising him and i am not exaggerating his chances. I see it as his ceiling while your squad is giving the worst scenarios. We all have our choices, us in the positive side and your side the pessimist group.haha i have really observed how scouts were in awe when kai was playing against makur maker.haha they been writings notes about kai everytime he was doing good on that game. Their collective body languages and impressions were too good to pass on. This might be assumptions but you dont see them right notes when others were doing things, they just write when kai do something most of the time.lol you also have been hyping NZ prospects eversince, your undeserve positivism for them sometimes is way over board.haha

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Lol rui was he hype at 17? He was an unknown until last year in college.haha watanabe?haha did he receive too much hype? Yi he was an unknown who was really good during the predraft workouts.lol they were riding the yao hype at that time hence an easier pass for chinese prospects. Yi was a gamble and a bust. He is tantamount almost to the pistons gamble on milicic.lol I know my basketball.

Oh boy i have heard it all now. So he is deliberately running slow, to avoid injury and protect his draft stock? I'm glad you are not in Kai's camp and sending him messages that he is all but guaranteed to be drafted and should run slow to avoid injury. News flash buddy fringe prospects like Kai are not guaranteed to get drafted into the NBA. The delusion on this board is real and i can't wait for the butt hurt excuses that will eventuate when your golden boy doesn't get drafted into the NBA. But let the circle jerk continue on here it provides the lulz.
    So Marc Gasol the 2013 NBA Defensive Player of the year is not a good defender according to you? So from what we have seen so far of Kai against high school competition, it leads you to believe that he can surpass Gasol and become an all team defensive center in the NBA? So many fucking idiots on this forum it's hilarious. Statements like this is a common occurrence and you have the audacity to call me a troll.
    There are many outlandish and overly-optimistic forumers on this sub. Personally I just hope he'd be a good role player at best and be fine with that, because yes he severely lacks athleticism and is slow, and I don't get why forumers here are proclaiming that he can surpass current and former NBA stars.

But I don't understand why you expend so much energy harassing a couple of Filipinos who are just excited because this is literally the first time a Filipino player who grew up here actually has a chance at playing in the NBA, so cut them some slack. It's only natural that people would be excited.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    There are many outlandish and overly-optimistic forumers on this sub. Personally I just hope he'd be a good role player at best and be fine with that, because yes he severely lacks athleticism and is slow, and I don't get why forumers here are proclaiming that he can surpass current and former NBA stars.

But I don't understand why you expend so much energy harassing a couple of Filipinos who are just excited because this is literally the first time a Filipino player who grew up here actually has a chance at playing in the NBA, so cut them some slack. It's only natural that people would be excited.
    He gets off the attention. He’s probably having a wank to our posts right now even as we speak.

It is well known here that you have been downplaying everything about phil bball. We concede that nz as a bball nation is more accomplished than phil but it doesnt mean that talents from phil are inferior. It is just that phil players and coaches arent expose to better competition. Kai on the other hand dared to be great, you and others here have been downplaying and slewing obvious pessimism from the get go.haha we on the other the hand are praising him and i am not exaggerating his chances. I see it as his ceiling while your squad is giving the worst scenarios. We all have our choices, us in the positive side and your side the pessimist group.haha i have really observed how scouts were in awe when kai was playing against makur maker.haha they been writings notes about kai everytime he was doing good on that game. Their collective body languages and impressions were too good to pass on. This might be assumptions but you dont see them right notes when others were doing things, they just write when kai do something most of the time.lol you also have been hyping NZ prospects eversince, your undeserve positivism for them sometimes is way over board.haha
    really? downplaying and over hyping expectations?.. and what are the actual outcomes of these projections/ expectatons in the last 3 years.. have they proven to be downplaying for Gilas (sorry if I didn't get the last place WC finish right) and overhyping for NZ?

Or are they just tempered expectations?

Exactly on point, but i am not being outlandish. He doesnt lack athleticism. He is way better athlete than timmy. You dont see duncan throw tmac dunks, windmills, tap on board dunks. You just need to diligently observe him with hours of watching his workouts and games. A lot here observe him for few instances and making false conclusions. Trainers, scouts and others say he is agile for his size. Those checking him said he is a way better athlete than he believe. Kai needs work at 17 but giannis was too raw when he was drafted. Others, expect kai to be a lebron james prospect in terms of physique and athleticism at 17. Anything less is a bust.haha they cant accept that it is a process. Kai's weakness is his body but that is not a hindrance. He will be a way better athlete as he matures.

Yep, I don't know why they are so kill joy. If they aren't excited then why harrasing those who are. If they are annoyed then just stop visiting this thread. BTW, what if he's hyped? Actually I criticized Kobe Paras not because he is hyped, but because he quit. Kai entering NBA or not, will not be criticized because he clearly giving his all for his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    really? downplaying and over hyping expectations?.. and what are the actual outcomes of these projections/ expectatons in the last 3 years.. have they proven to be downplaying for Gilas (sorry if I didn't get the last place WC finish right) and overhyping for NZ?

Or are they just tempered expectations?
    Havent you hype wynyard that much?haha or that sg of your team?haha they didnt receive the hype kai was receiving from legit sources. You on the other hand was overly optimistic of their chances.haha regarding gilas, it is another story. That is too complicated to defend, i believe gilas underachieves after the spain world cup. We could have been better but all was history so no point to argue.

And besides we are just very optimistic here because we are seeing what Kai is capable of. He is very raw now, but the skills are already there what more in 2 years after he undergoes continuous training and gain more experience?

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Yep, I don't know why they are so kill joy. If they aren't excited then why harrasing those who are. If they are annoyed then just stop visiting this thread. BTW, what if he's hyped? Actually I criticized Kobe Paras not because he is hyped, but because he quit. Kai entering NBA or not, will not be criticized because he clearly giving his all for his dream.
    Kobe was too full of himself. He is not uncommon hence his chances was slim. He is not improving anymore. He is not addressing his weaknesses. I think it is too late for him but he would be serviceable to gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    And besides we are just very optimistic here because we are seeing what Kai is capable of. He is very raw now, but the skills are already there what more in 2 years after he undergoes continuous training and gain more experience?
    Salamat spidey.haha kokey squad againts kai defenders.hahaha

Page 453 of 559 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast