Page 426 of 558 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 11142

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

  1. #8501
    Senior Member Juan Lun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    425
    Country: Japan

    Default

    True. I guess the target scenario for him is to be in a position where he can compete in a higher level (really important) from prep school (where he is now) either in NCAA or Europe. That's the best way to showcase his skills (raise his stock) and learn, improve at the same time.

  2. #8502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kai's future tournaments.
    (2020)

    Jan 10-11 - Metro Classic Basketball (TSF)

    Jan 26 - Dubai invitational ( mighty sports)

    Feb - Fiba Asia Cup Qualifiers ( New Gilas) ( I think new gilas composed of young players will be made)

    March- Maybe training or some tournaments tsf will join.

    April 10 - Nike Hoop Summit ( Team world) (let's hope he will be selected)

  3. #8503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    101
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Also there's EYBL (Elite Youth Basketball League).
    Where i think TSF Will join.
    starts on 3rd of Jan.

  4. #8504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jflo26 View Post
    Also there's EYBL (Elite Youth Basketball League).
    Where i think TSF Will join.
    starts on 3rd of Jan.
    How long is the tournament? 1 week? Kai will go back to Manila in last week of January for the dubai invitational.

    Wow. This is how hard/difficult to enter Nba. Hehe.

  5. #8505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    101
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    How long is the tournament? 1 week? Kai will go back to Manila in last week of January for the dubai invitational.

    Wow. This is how hard/difficult to enter Nba. Hehe.
    "The next LeBron's, the next Kobe's, the best players in the world — this is where it all starts."

    Season one of “Elite Youth” premieres Friday, January 3rd on FS1 https://t.co/S4vkEglbPd


    Not sure bout the sched. But its not a 1 day event though. It has 3 venues
    At Georgia,dallas,and not sure bout the last venue.

  6. #8506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jflo26 View Post
    "The next LeBron's, the next Kobe's, the best players in the world — this is where it all starts."

    Season one of “Elite Youth” premieres Friday, January 3rd on FS1 https://t.co/S4vkEglbPd


    Not sure bout the sched. But its not a 1 day event though. It has 3 venues
    At Georgia,dallas,and not sure bout the last venue.
    So, This will Be on January 3. Exciting. Altough, I am not sure Tsf will join.

  7. #8507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    How long is the tournament? 1 week? Kai will go back to Manila in last week of January for the dubai invitational.

    Wow. This is how hard/difficult to enter Nba. Hehe.
    Isn't he staying for some academic stuff?

  8. #8508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Isn't he staying for some academic stuff?
    Not Sure. He will just play in Dubai from Jan 26-31 I think. Likely, Kai will return to Tsf in Us after.

  9. #8509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Not Sure. He will just play in Dubai from Jan 26-31 I think. Likely, Kai will return to Tsf in Us after.


    I believe he would be clear of Academic requirements for this year by May then by June he's free until Aug or Sept back to school.

  10. #8510
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,958
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  11. #8511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Is Tsf and Kai sotto join that toirnament? WHEN is that?

  12. #8512
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Is Tsf and Kai sotto join that toirnament? WHEN is that?
    It's ongoing, no this is not for prep teams, but individual invites
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  13. #8513
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,224
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lun View Post
    That's only 6 months from today, I'm not confident he can turn it around and address his weaknesses (Motor, agility, Strength) within that time frame. Also this will be counter productive - if he graduates in the spring of 2020 (March - June), and applies for the 2021 draft(June) that's a whole year wasted instead of going to college (assuming colleges are willing to take the risk that comes with him - one and one, Wiseman situatation etc) or go pro in Europe/NBL improve his game and raise his stock.
    time is what kai have now , at 17 and already getting the hype and skills that puts him in those mock drafts what more when he turn 18 these may and beyond that. i commend his inner circle for doing a great job so far.

  14. #8514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I'm Excited for the updated ranking of Kai maybe next Month. 247 and Rivals said in an article that they will include Kai in the next update of their rankings. Also on Espn, Espn rank Kai based on Fiba where I think Kai is not as good as he is now.

    His performances for Tsf will be a big factor in the rise of Kai in ranking.

    I predict Kai will be in Top 50 in Espn 100 next month.

  15. #8515
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,862
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    time is what kai have now , at 17 and already getting the hype and skills that puts him in those mock drafts what more when he turn 18 these may and beyond that. i commend his inner circle for doing a great job so far.
    I remember Kobe tweeting about Kai needing to make a mature decision to leave the PH to pursue bigger things.

    Kobe must be a proud kuya.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  16. #8516
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,862
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Is Tsf and Kai sotto join that toirnament? WHEN is that?
    Too lazy to look this up but what is TSF really? Is it a high school that specializes in basketball? Or simply a sports training academy that passes off as a HS?

    Kai doesn’t strike me as a kid who would want to abandon his education regardless of how good he is.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

  17. #8517
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,060
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Too lazy to look this up but what is TSF really? Is it a high school that specializes in basketball? Or simply a sports training academy that passes off as a HS?

    Kai doesn’t strike me as a kid who would want to abandon his education regardless of how good he is.
    TSF is sports training academy (basketball, volleyball, baseball)

  18. #8518
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Is he on school break? Where does he resume his schooling?

  19. #8519
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    TSF is sports training academy (basketball, volleyball, baseball)
    Yes that has tie ups with academic high school providers to complete necessary requirements for college entry

  20. #8520
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    62
    Country: Philippines

    Default


Page 426 of 558 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •