Page 261 of 302 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 6026

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Wish Kobe had gone through this kind of training as well. Probably after his UAAP stint? I hope so!
    Umm, Kobe has already undergone that type of training already.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Umm, Kobe has already undergone that type of training already.
    and he spend his teenage years doing that much much longer than kai did
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

I'll be happy if Kai averages around the same numbers he posted in the U17 world less than a year ago. The U19 is light-years tougher than the U17. While I like the assurance that he didn't lose his quickness despite the 13 lbs he gained, I still prefer to see a quicker, more agile kai sotto

I don't think agility can be improved in a span of two months.

Keenly awaiting what the excuses will be once Kai inevitably falls flat on his face again in the WC U19.

LOL Kai bulked up in 2 mos? Wait till you pilgrims see how HULKED up Argentinian center Francis Caffaro is, he'll break Kai in half.

Default Kai Sotto

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    Keenly awaiting what the excuses will be once Kai inevitably falls flat on his face again in the WC U19.

LOL Kai bulked up in 2 mos? Wait till you pilgrims see how HULKED up Argentinian center Francis Caffaro is, he'll break Kai in half.
    Fall flat on his face AGAIN??? I wonder if you have watched Kai's performance in the last WC??? Let's just support the kid anyway.

I realize this is the Kai thread and rightfully the focus has been on him & his potential performance this upcoming U19 Worlds/matchup with Caffaro but let's not lose sight of Edu. He will be the great equalizer. His mobility on weak-side d and rim-protection will key. Kai & Caffaro might neutralize each other but who is AJ's matchup etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    Fall flat on his face AGAIN??? I wonder if you have watched Kai's performance in the last WC??? Let's just support the kid anyway.
    Don't feed the troll
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    I realize this is the Kai thread and rightfully the focus has been on him & his potential performance this upcoming U19 Worlds/matchup with Caffaro but let's not lose sight of Edu. He will be the great equalizer. His mobility on weak-side d and rim-protection will key. Kai & Caffaro might neutralize each other but who is AJ's matchup etc?
    I don't think Kai is in the level of Caffaro in terms of neutralizing him. The onus will be on Edu to do that. the question will be, who can stop Kai offensively. Remember the pressure is with the trio of Edu, Dave and Dalph to deliver and not with Kai. It is Kai's responsibility to show that he is the future of the U19 team.

Saw Kai today in Titan BGC...man he was bigger than last time I saw him..his voice is also bigger....manage to have a pict with him....He was looking for size 16 Durant shoe.....
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

Points to consider re Sotto vs Caffaro

Sotto is 17, Caffaro 19. Sotto relies on his skills, Caffaro on motor and physicality. In essence, this is like pitting Tyler Hansbrough vs Isiah Austin.

Right now, Caffaro would have the edge. You can't scoff on that 2 year difference because that's actually a lot. That's two years of training and experience. If we all think Sotto had a noticeable improvement in 2 months time, make that 2 years and i'm certain the progress would be nothing short of exponential. Caffaro might be the better player now, but if I'm an NBA GM and had to draft one between them right now, I'd go with Kai. He simply has the higher upside, both ceiling and floor.

That said, our best matchup vs Caffaro defensively would be AJ, so I'm not worried. AJ has shown he can hang with the toughest out there.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post

Sotto is 17, Caffaro 19. Sotto relies on his skills, Caffaro on motor and physicality. In essence, this is like pitting Tyler Hansbrough vs Isiah Austin.

Right now, Caffaro would have the edge. You can't scoff on that 2 year difference because that's actually a lot. That's two years of training and experience. If we all think Sotto had a noticeable improvement in 2 months time, make that 2 years and i'm certain the progress would be nothing short of exponential. Caffaro might be the better player now, but if I'm an NBA GM and had to draft one between them right now, I'd go with Kai. He simply has the higher upside, both ceiling and floor.

That said, our best matchup vs Caffaro defensively would be AJ, so I'm not worried. AJ has shown he can hang with the toughest out there.
    The caffaro closer in age to kai is the u16 esteban. Fat chance that guy can handle kai. It is only because the philippines is so mobile big-poor that it is forced to use a u17 kai against a u19 francisco caffaro. No top ten nation will do this bullshit. The older though shorter 19 year old aj will be the right match-up for the 7foot caffaro.

I thoroughly enjoyed the gay pride pro and con bashings regarding nonoy. Same as the wild postings regarding the now unemployable midget forward calvab, and also unemployable bullet-in-the-ass alvarz. Both were miserable fits in the international game.

It would be nice to see nonoy meet some of the better 6'3-6'5 guards of argentina, greece and russia. I'd like to see how his ligang labas style, which i feel is ordinary to bisayan players, would work, considering his fans admitted he will need the help defense of aj and kai which is the same as saying he will pose an extra defensive burden for his bigger teammates. It was also good for his admirers to crow and advertise nonoy as the best under20 pinoy player. Im sure the other uaap guards will have a different opinion about that. So, i told my uste grad daughter that there is at least an abando who is the difference-making baller.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 06-11-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post

... wait until his health issues slows him down, he is not the healthiest of 19 your old around, he has leg problems, back problems and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by shamuibilog View Post
    ... wait until his health issues slows him down, he is not the healthiest of 19 your old around, he has leg problems, back problems and the like.
    There will be more fiba world games, and sotto vs caffaro in their prime ages of mid or late 20s is more than possible. It would really be interesting to see how well the pinoy nt will cope against argentina when it does not have serious size and experience disadvantages.

Saw a scouting profile vid of caffaro. The kid is a force down low but if he's gonna guard kai outside the paint, kai would have all of the advantage.
    The Argentine kid have some decent fundamental.Takes one or two dribble back to the basket and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    AJ is obviously more athletic and quick footed than Kai. I think this makes him more ready for the modern game. However, AJ still needs a lot of skill training to be a force in the college level. He doesn't have the length to be a more consistent shot blocking threat. He has the lateral movement and anticipation but he is also thin for a front court player. If he does bulk-up his mobility will be affected and will lessen his shot-blocking ability. He really needs to develop as an SF, say like Pascal Siakam, to be effective at his current weight. Unfortunately his college is not developing him in that direction. Hopefully his Gilas team gives him more opportunity to develop his handles and shooting. I don't want to see him develop as a career role player just because he was pegged as only a front court player.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Hopefully his Gilas team gives him more opportunity to develop his handles and shooting.
    Aj’s the 2nd tallest guy in the the u19 roster. He wont develop his handles in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammomile View Post
    Saw Kai today in Titan BGC...man he was bigger than last time I saw him..his voice is also bigger....manage to have a pict with him....He was looking for size 16 Durant shoe.....
    Good luck to him. I can't even find size 13 shoes here in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post

LOL that's why you're not an NBA GM and never will be. Excuses this early? How pathetic.

Kai Sotto is garbage, heck he won't hold a candle even against China's latest 7 foot teen prodigy Jiao Hao Yu (all 7'3 of him).

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Good luck to him. I can't even find size 13 shoes here in the Philippines
    Pagawa na lang sa Marikina. Lol
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 261 of 302 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast