Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Kai "Kaiscraper" Sotto Thread

Now that he will start his career, he deserves a thread of his own.
    _____
    He will play for Ateneo Blue Eaglets. So the picture posted days ago was really a statement. That 2002 championship batch still has the magic.
    _____

As a father, he thinks that the best way for his kid to fly high and reach his NBA dream is to play for the country.

“Pinakamagandang first step para makilala ka is maglaro ka para sa bansa natin,” he advised Kai. “Maganda yung naglalaro ka na (mayroong) pride as a Filipino, nagcocompete ka tapos natututo ka kasi yung kalaban mo magagaling din.”
    http://www.foxsportsasia.com/news/ka...t-next-season/
    Last edited by weward; 05-10-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Great job instilling patriotic values to your kid, Mr. Ervin Sotto.
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

I hope, we won't put too much pressure on the kid. Let's give the kid sometime to be just playing the game.

he will be turning 14 next month hope his body starts to develop little by little until he turns 15 and come U16
    next year medyo matigas na comparable to a jonas tibayan.

If there are no problems with his entrance exam, expect Kai to be lined up in season 79 for the Blue Eaglets. As coach Silva himself stated in the article, Kai will have 5 years of high school ball in front of him. Kai should anchor the second or third unit of the next blue eaglet team. No pressure on the kid to lead the team when he has Belangel, Ildefonso, Credo, Berjay and Salazar as starters.

Per Rick Olivares, Kai is not the only PBA prodigy that will play for AHS in the future. New recruits are 6' 3" Josh Espino, son of Dennis, and shooting guard Migo Santos, son of Rodney.
    Last edited by BLUE HORSE; 04-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Here we go, the classic IBN jinx thread.

Calling it now! Bust! Scrub like his father!

Kidding!

Hopefully the pressure won't get to him, getting hyped very early is both good and bad so hopefully he is surrounded by the right people...
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Default Kai "the Kaiscraper" Sotto Thread

6'11" 14-year old "nba prospect."

hopefully he grows to 7'3"-7'4". so much expectations, so much hype. i feel if he gets to equate marlou aquino's career (the original Skyscraper), then that in itself is already a good thing. but as a 14 year old prospect that is being carefully groomed and developed by the SBP and MVP group, sky is the limit for the KAISCRAPER.

credit to mrjumbo03 for coming up with the monicker. knowing that a lot of sportscasters and reporters regularly visit interbasket, this nick just might stick.

kai-Sotto-5.jpg

wow naunahan pa si Kobe...

nba prospect agad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post

nba prospect agad lol
    haha. di sa kin galing yon... kaya may quotation marks.

Far Eastern University athletic director Mark Molina tweeted about it after the Kaiscraper's 17 rebound, 7 block performance last week.

Pwede ang nickname!

Hope it gets picked up like "The Kraken"!

Is the kid being overhyped? Looking purely at boxscores, he's not dominating the junior league even with his height.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post

nba prospect agad lol
    wow bitter... ahahahaha
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    wow bitter... ahahahaha
    bawal ang jelly jelly jan, dapat support sa lahat, for the good of philippine basketball ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    bawal ang jelly jelly jan, dapat support sa lahat, for the good of philippine basketball ha ha
    Tama hehe

Quote Originally Posted by patay-butiki View Post
    6'11" 14-year old "nba prospect."

hopefully he grows to 7'3"-7'4". so much expectations, so much hype. i feel if he gets to equate marlou aquino's career (the original Skyscraper), then that in itself is already a good thing. but as a 14 year old prospect that is being carefully groomed and developed by the SBP and MVP group, sky is the limit for the KAISCRAPER.

credit to mrjumbo03 for coming up with the monicker. knowing that a lot of sportscasters and reporters regularly visit interbasket, this nick just might stick.

kai-Sotto-5.jpg
    Are there currently any plans to send him to the US?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Are there currently any plans to send him to the US?
    admu senior team usually goes to joe abunassar for their annual training.they are planning to send kai with the senior team afaik.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Kai wants to be a wing and I say let him try. Imagine a 7'2 wing player who can cross people up and shoot midrange to 3s. Not to mention the wingspan. He'd be near impossible to stop. Only thing holding him back is his speed. Even if he dosen't become a wing he could become a stretch 4/5.

I'm sure if Kai completely dominates the youth competition then people will try to get him to the states. But he has to prove that he is head and shoulders above everyone else. 24/12 and 7 blocks in 23 min is incredibly impressive to me however and if he can keep that up then he'll get sent. The Fiba Asia u16 to me is the real test though. If he can dominate or at least performs well there then I have no doubt he can make it in the states.

@TheRodster21
    I see Kai Sotto registering "decent" stats this season in the UAAP juniors tournament, which stats is a big improvement from his stats last season. Next season, I expect Kai to even improve his stats from this season.

U mentioned FIBA U-16. It was suppose to be held last October but di natuloy. We are several days away from year 2018 yet still no schedule of the tournament. If that tournament will be held next year, it would already be called FIBA Asia U-17 Championship. Interestingly, the scheduled youth tournament next year in Asia is the FIBA Asia U-18 which Kai Sotto is also expected to play along with AJ Edu.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I think the wingspan of Kai is an inch or 2 inches longer because when you watched the video, the part na minimeasure ang wingspan niya, medyo hindi nakastretch and kamay ni Kai at siya pa ang nakahawak sa dulo ng tape measurement.
    I noticed this to. Realistically he probably has a 7'1 wingspan but if he is gonna have a chance at NBA it would be better if he had a longer wingspan if he dosent develop he athleticism because wingspan is more important than height in basketball. It's part of the reason someone like draymond green or Dwayne wade to be effective at their positions despite being undersized.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast