Page 584 of 611 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 12209

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

  1. #11661
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Shortage of ventilators would be a common thing. The bigger dilemma would be who gets the privilege to be intubated. Sadly, it is inevitable that around the peak, people would be left to die. Thereís just no other recourse. Here in Italy, the elders are the sacrificial lambs. Doctors prioritizes critical cases of younger people because they say 1)they have the higher chance of survival and 2)they would probably recover in less time, making the ventilators and other machines available again for the next patient. This is the sad state that we should prepare ourselves for.

    Also, house quarantine of positive cases is at around tens of thousands here. Yung ginawa ni Belmonte is pinagtatawanan, but, it actually could be done for MILD and less serious cases. When the positive cases reaches the thousands there (which it would eventually), you canít expect the hospitals to admit all of them as it would bring more harm than good. Only severe to critical cases would be prioritized and admitted. The rest would have no choice but to battle it out in isolation in their own homes or in facilities provided for by the government for mild cases.
    Dunno if it's true but I read somewhere that we only have 1000 ICU rooms in the Philippines. People are gonna be doing manual bagging in the thousands real soon..

  2. #11662
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,356
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    It's not unrealistic that by next month the epicenter will be the USA, as of today the US has the most number of positive cases. (while they've tested a lot, it is actually low % per capita /population)

    The key difference in response comes down to preparedness.
    Counties like
    China, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore are prepared and are set up to respond appropriately

    While counties like
    Italy, Spain, US and the Philippines (have to admit) are not. Don't be surprise because of the strong influence of those countries in the Philippines as compared to our SEA neighbours, the Philippines will be hardest hit (deaths) in SEA
    akala ko ba sabi mo ph will be the next italy?now us has more deaths than italy. arent you suppose to say ph is the next usa?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  3. #11663
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    That's not implying that Pinoys have better discipline than Italians. I just said they did not listen. Not listening doesn't mean worse discipline. Jesus, taasan mo comprehension mo para hindi ka magwala dito. I did also say that the Italian government was a bit late in implementing measures. But of course, you only pick and choose what's convenient for your point para di ka mapahiya.

    You even have eyewitness accounts, reports, and whatnot, but apparently because you live there I have to listen to you instead of my relative and various other Italians who have come forward apparently.

    I don't want to continue this any further at all, just explaining my side, because maraming namamatay sa maling akala.



    I was basing it off the total deaths number, like you see there. And because of what happened to Italy, the US will do everything they can for that to not happen to them.
    Palusot 101 just to save face. Ahaha hope you realize how pathetic you looked like. Sorry, but itís not my comprehension. Itís your huge ego. Grow up.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  4. #11664
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    akala ko ba sabi mo ph will be the next italy?now us has more deaths than italy. arent you suppose to say ph is the next usa?
    Italy still has more deaths, US is # 1 in cases, and is a month or so behind Italy in exponential growth, Italy growth is starting to slow down..

    So whatever it is, we're like (Italy, US etc) in response, and not like Singapore, Korea etc

    Epicenter is moving
    -China - January
    Europe - March
    US - April (maybe)

  5. #11665
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Stock on raw garlic and ginger if possible. Garlic has been known to be one of the best, if not the best natural antiviral since the ancient times. Should be swallowed raw or with honey. Regular intake of hot ginger tea should also help clear the throat. Hope that would help
    Been drinking ginger tea with lemon for about 10 days now. Placebo or not, I think itís working. I canít take the smell of garlic. Lol thanks, man. Hope everyoneís taking preventive measures.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  6. #11666
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Italy still has more deaths, US is # 1 in cases, and is a month or so behind Italy in exponential growth, Italy growth is starting to slow down..

    So whatever it is, we're like (Italy, US etc) in response, and not like Singapore, Korea etc

    Epicenter is moving
    -China - January
    Europe - March
    US - April (maybe)
    I think one contributing factor to the high mortality rate of Italy is its very old populace. Because of high life expectancy, it is very common to see grannies here reach 100 years old. The vast majority of deaths here belong to the 60years old and up category, which Italy has in abundance.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  7. #11667
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Been drinking ginger tea with lemon for about 10 days now. Placebo or not, I think it’s working. I can’t take the smell of garlic. Lol thanks, man. Hope everyone’s taking preventive measures.
    Ginger toddy works wonders for me. It's just the same as ginger tea. Just add honey and a splash of whiskey. Perfect excuse to get yourself buzzed on a Friday night.
    Keep running, big boy.

  8. #11668
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    30
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    What just happened to Kai's thread? Came here for updates on Kai but all I see are covid

  9. #11669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    there should be more cases confirmed in PH if only we had more testing kits/centers around the country.
    From what I read on other forums, the Philippines is just testing 200 people a day. To add insult to the injury, most people tested are probably "VIPs.".

    There have been news of people dying who have showed COVID-19 symptoms but were never tested because of lack of access to kits

  10. #11670
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Where did you get that the Italians didn't listen? There are those that didn't listen, but for the general public, it is nothing different than what is happening right there in the Philippines. Multa dito is 206Ä mahuli ka sa labas plus 3 months imprisonment if the judiciary deemed necessary. Dyan marami pinapalusot by making them stay in covered couts the whole night, bringing them to Batasan for warning, taking offenders pictures as warnings then letting them go. Kahit saan me pasaway, dyan nga sa atin me senador pa. Lol you're sounding off like you knew better what has transpired here when I am here monitoring all these for lack of anything better to do.

    The virus does not know geography, nor race, nor social status. Limiting travel has been done everywhere, archipelago or not, but it didn't prevent this to evolve into a full blown pandemic. Why? Because it takes people movement to spread this. If there were no bridges or boats or airplanes, then maybe your argument has its merit. That's why it's imperative to limit people movement as strictly as possible because it only takes one untracked case to start an outbreak. That's how infectious this Covid 19 is.
    Italy is in deep syet because 1) China complained when Italy wanted/tried to restrict flights to/from China to slow the spread of the disease 2) the WHO downplayed this virus in January and February. They only started the alarm bells when the magnitude can no longer covered up for due to what's happening in Italy.

    Now, China just declared they will close of their borders to the world because of the pandemic. The irony of this Wuhan virus brouhaha.

    If borders were controlled as of early February and the WHO erred on the safe side, this would not happen. It would at least not be at this exponential proportion. Up until mid-March, there have been many people traveling as TOURISTS elsewhere. In fact, there are 4500 stranded foreign tourists in the Philippines right now.

    The first people who contracted the virus were travelers.

    The first Pinoy who contracted it PH4 traveled to Japan for leisure, and this was when the Wuhan virus was already in Japan. PH4 mistakenly thought that wearing masks, gloves, using sanitizers were enough precautions, but it was not. He still ended up contracting the virus.
    Last edited by Artek; 03-27-2020 at 05:44 PM.

  11. #11671
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    137
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Mass testing is what helped Korea contain the disease in such a short span of time. The key is identification. It is hard to tell who is a carrier and who is not because about 80% of the cases are mild, and to make it worse (in terms of identifying carriers), almost half of them are asymptomatic.

    I envy Koreaís healthcare system. They managed to come up with test kits that could yield result in minutes. In the Philippines, me politikahan pa rin. From accreditation, to importation, me mga red tape pa. I came up with Japethís wifeís tweets, and itís disheartening. Kits are held in customs because one broker apparently wants to have a box as a form of grease para mapabilis daw pagrelease. My goodness, these people!
    Their mass testing was also coupled with stringent surveillance of COVID patients and suspected cases - something that we do not have (and not even the US unless they start requiring ankle tracker a la people under probation).

    Mass testing will only be effective you you implement surveillance to make sure PUIs and positive cases follow social distancing.

    Sa Pilipinas, wala eh. Yung VIP na may sintomas at nagpositive, naglagalag pa sa MMC at S&R.

  12. #11672
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,410

    Default

    ^^
    Correct mass testing without physically isolating both negative and positive results back into the community. Will not work

    I have yet to see a plan on how they will execute this, puro new kits etc.. Without a plan in place, wala rin, u can't expect a plan anyway when u don't have people really in charge of the national crisis response. Wala were a headless chicken.. without dirction
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  13. #11673
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Just discuss Covid on the Covid thread...

  14. #11674
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,356
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    Italy is in deep syet because 1) China complained when Italy wanted/tried to restrict flights to/from China to slow the spread of the disease 2) the WHO downplayed this virus in January and February. They only started the alarm bells when the magnitude can no longer covered up for due to what's happening in Italy.

    Now, China just declared they will close of their borders to the world because of the pandemic. The irony of this Wuhan virus brouhaha.

    If borders were controlled as of early February and the WHO erred on the safe side, this would not happen. It would at least not be at this exponential proportion. Up until mid-March, there have been many people traveling as TOURISTS elsewhere. In fact, there are 4500 stranded foreign tourists in the Philippines right now.

    The first people who contracted the virus were travelers.

    The first Pinoy who contracted it PH4 traveled to Japan for leisure, and this was when the Wuhan virus was already in Japan. PH4 mistakenly thought that wearing masks, gloves, using sanitizers were enough precautions, but it was not. He still ended up contracting the virus.
    https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/124856...an-book-hotels
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  15. #11675
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    136
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    COVID is a sensitive and serious issue. But please guys, wag dito. News and talks aboutcovid is everywhere. Wag naman dito. It is one channel where we're supposed to get a reprieve. No covid please.

  16. #11676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,801
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    What just happened to Kai's thread? Came here for updates on Kai but all I see are covid
    Well, the last update about Kai is that he will skip college, and just train in TSF for Nba. People are rumoring about some nba teams scouts/gms already talked to kai's camp.
    hope that rumors are true so his decision of skipping college will be worth off.

  17. #11677
    Senior Member shootingbwakaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    by the Gulf
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Been drinking ginger tea with lemon for about 10 days now. Placebo or not, I think itís working. I canít take the smell of garlic. Lol thanks, man. Hope everyoneís taking preventive measures.
    You sure you're not a vampire man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  18. #11678
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
    You sure you're not a vampire man?
    Lol I like fried garlic but one is supposed to eat it raw, can’t stand that.

    Anyway, I was momentarily blocked from logging in with a message saying my account is suspended. Anyone else? Navirus na rin ata pati IBN. Lol
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  19. #11679
    Senior Member NOiNU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,544
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZjXn-sVhc

    OvertimeNxt just released an extended Kai Sotto highlights.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

  20. #11680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    184
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZjXn-sVhc

    OvertimeNxt just released an extended Kai Sotto highlights.
    Impressive passing. I hope he put on some muscles and weight this lul...

Page 584 of 611 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •