Page 387 of 470 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 9384

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

very few teams get top draft picks. 70 percent of these turn out duds not dudes within 5 years. even if kai goes during the 2nd round or even starts as a journeyman, he can still be a gem. kendrick nunn wasnt even drafted. yet the heat showed he is superior to draftees in real-world fight conditions. lots of players drafted ahead of donkic and herro. the ones who chose wrong are regretting their very bad decisions. there will always be greater and lesser players, and very few team managers factually cant tell the difference.

until he gets to play as a pro, people are just waiting gallons of saliva on meaningless and unfounded analyses and irrelevant what-ifs. the fact is kai consistently passes the fiba tests. lots of caffaros do not.
    Last edited by ccharmed; 12-11-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    got it. i feel the same way too. actually, i wouldn't emphatically pick chet over kai right now. i think they're pretty close as prospects.

on the perimeter, i think chet will give kai fits. on the other hand, i think kai can score over chet on the post. kai seems to be the bulkier/stronger player over the two.
    Yep and I also mean, I wasn't offended even with them picking chet over kai because Kai is just a newbie in the circuit. I was even surprised at how fast he got ranked. obviously, despite not being the most athletic 7 footer in the radar, scouts are seeing kai as a prospect because of the other facets of his game. Footwork, high bbiq, ambidexterity, good touch and his passing ability. I'm not saying chet doesnt have those , I know too little of that kid but we've seen kids who move like that like TJ Leaf and some thought they'd be dominant in the pros

ESPN is the only recruiting service that has Sotto ranked, and Manotoc points out something interesting: That ranking is solely based on what he’s done in international competitions. It came before he ever played a game of high school basketball here, and as he acclimates to the competition his ranking could go even higher. It also leaves him with a bright future. With Sotto’s size and skill, Manotoc believes that some NBA team will eventually take a flyer on him. He may never turn into a star. But you just can’t teach the natural gifts from God Sotto hashas.

Ranking was just based on fiba games. Even before TSF. WOW

nikola jokic was 19 when drafted in the 2nd round (41st) which was considered higher than his average position in mock drafts. this despite being already an MVP in the adriatic league. here's his scouting report prior to getting drafted:

Strengths: Very high basketball IQ, This is his greatest strength. Strong personality. A team player. Has a great work ethic … Tremendous length … Can really shoot the ball … Hard worker … He was first introduced to real professional training – strength and conditioning as well as basketball workouts in September of 2013 and has shown tremendous improvement in his body … Possesses a big wingpan … Considering the fact that he competes in the Adriatic league, where most players are older than he is, and also that he’s an average athlete, he uses his basketball IQ to succeed… Nikola understands the game really well. Furthermore he is able to follow and execute coach’s instructions. Shows a winning attitude, competes hard in games and practices … A self starter, doesn’t need to constantly be pushed to get the most of his abilties … Well liked by teammates, outgoing, strong character, doesn’t drink or smoke … Young player, born in February of 1995 …

Weaknesses: An average athlete lacking great speed and leaping ability … Foot speed is a big liability. He may struggle to stay in front of NBA athletes at the center position … Needs to improve as a post player, gain strength and develop a repertoire of back to the basket moves … Defense is a real weakness at this point due to lack of lateral speed and lack of strength. His length is a big plus, but he’ll need to continue to work on becoming stronger and learn to anticipate in order to overcome his lack of quickness … Despite being a younger guy, his upside appears limited by his lack of explosiveness and foot speed …
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/nikola-jokic/

kai shares most of his weaknesses except for the post moves part

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    nikola jokic was 19 when drafted in the 2nd round (41st) which was considered higher than his average position in mock drafts. this despite being already an MVP in the adriatic league. here's his scouting report prior to getting drafted:

If you redact everything that refers to the Adriatic leafgue and Jokic's personal info, you would've thought the scouting report was referring to Kai.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post

uLOL

The nerve comparing him to Jokic ... f**k you and your family, stop spreading lies

P5M Kai won’t make it to the NBA ... let’s see who has the balls to call this

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    If you redact everything that refers to the Adriatic leafgue and Jokic's personal info, you would've thought the scouting report was referring to Kai.
    I bet you made this comment while sticking a dildo up your arse ... damn Kai fantard

Popcorn time

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    I bet you made this comment while sticking a dildo up your arse ... damn Kai fantard
    I was actually enjoying a fruity drink at a rooftop bar somewhere in Poblacion. E ikaw, Nathan, anong ginagawa mo ngayon?

You are nobody. Not here, not anywhere. Your opinions have no weight and you live in your mother's basement, fantasizing about being mentored by Tony Tancaktiong. Mahilig ka pala sa matatandang Chinese, ano?
    Last edited by kerouac82; 12-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    uLOL

The nerve comparing him to Jokic ... f**k you and your family, stop spreading lies

P5M Kai won’t make it to the NBA ... let’s see who has the balls to call this
    You don't even have P500K in your account. Barbero amputa
    Keep running, big boy.

This man is still baiting people I see...lol

Whether if kai becomes a star in the NBA, or a journeyman, or never even makes it at all, Kai is already much better than this poor soul's old boytoy Cafaro. Even better than those recent u18 and u19 aussie bigs. And that's enough reason for sound sleeps at night. So, goodnight now.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    This man is still baiting people I see...lol
    And every time people still respond

Evan daniels just tweeted
    Kai will visit GT univ. Today

And kai tweeted 5min after that.

Its hes tita patty handling his twitter account i think and evan daniels is like there WOJ bomb everytime kai has a move .
    Last edited by Jflo26; 12-11-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    East-west Private is the one behind the "Last Home Stand" Gilas event no? It seems that they don't know a lot of things haha.

From what was said in that Kentucky broadcast,they seem to know East-West and mentioned that the original intent was to play semi-pro in Europe.Maybe East-West is not expecting the NCAA schools interest in Kai,they might be using this as a leverage with Euro teams.Even if Kai is eligible,what about his family's demand to be with him,the logistics in visa application and justification will be a nightmare for that NCAA school.Aj's parents are still in England aren't they? Aj as the same age as Kai went to Toledo,without even playing a single game in America,living on his own like a grown should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jflo26 View Post
    Evan daniels just tweeted
    Kai will visit GT univ. Today

And kai tweeted 5min after that.

Its hes tita patty handling his twitter account i think and evan daniels is like there WOJ bomb everytime kai has a move .

ALmost 18 and still has to have his aunt handle his twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    A lot of celebrities ask people to handle their social media accounts for them. I'd rather his tita handle it, while he focuses on basketball.

From what was said in that Kentucky broadcast,they seem to know East-West and mentioned that the original intent was to play semi-pro in Europe.Maybe East-West is not expecting the NCAA schools interest in Kai,they might be using this as a leverage with Euro teams.Even if Kai is eligible,what about his family's demand to be with him,the logistics in visa application and justification will be a nightmare for that NCAA school.Aj's parents are still in England aren't they? Aj as the same age as Kai went to Toledo,without even playing a single game in America,living on his own like a grown should be.
    Even if the target is Europe East West is doing a good job of showcasing him around high visibility US college programs.

If the school covers the families stay that will considered inappropriate expenses unnecessary
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Btw his tita patty is one of the many bosses in EWP.
    And theyre also responsible of creating kai's website

Page 387 of 470 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437 ... LastLast