Page 343 of 465 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 9298

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Lol with these dosing of analogies, but seriously with all the travel involved in scouting, I wouldn't be surprise and actually have seen scouts being sleepy, but here is the thing there is such a thing as you can film lol, and watch things later.

In relation to the conversation regarding scouting talents in the PH, there is a company that brings US NCAA D1 scouts to PH, its for golf though.

I'm not privy with the recruiting process, but can't they (or anyone) do it with the basketball also?

The company says their they're going to expand to football/soccer next year.

The company is called DreamBig Events, I just heard of it today after watching CNN PH's Sportdesk and ABSCBN's The Score.

And here is the a news about the event online:
    https://sports.inquirer.net/370228/n...ries-golf-camp

I think if they do this for basketball we will also get a handful D1 offers every year.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    of course scouts are particular about competitiveness of games but not in the way you think. Scouts watch all the games they are assigned to watch regardless of competitiveness level because that is the raw data they need to evaluate a player or to scout a team. The competitiveness of the games (or lack of it) comes into play during their analysis of the games they watched and the evaluation of the players.. If a Thai scout is asked to watch Cambodia play the Philippines he will not doze off b/c Gilas is crushing it.. he will watch how the PH players built their lead and how they played after building their lead.. he will see if PH will add on to their lead or coast through... If a EUroleague team sent a scout to watch Kai in that blowout game he will watch how Kai plays and see if he changes tendencies when the lead balloons...

I find games like this in bad form,coaches should just sit the starters and use the "Rudy Rule" the Rudy's need some time off the bench anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    In relation to the conversation regarding scouting talents in the PH, there is a company that brings US NCAA D1 scouts to PH, its for golf though.

I'm not privy with the recruiting process, but can't they (or anyone) do it with the basketball also?

The company says their they're going to expand to football/soccer next year.

The company is called DreamBig Events, I just heard of it today after watching CNN PH's Sportdesk and ABSCBN's The Score.

And here is the a news about the event online:
    https://sports.inquirer.net/370228/n...ries-golf-camp

I think if they do this for basketball we will also get a handful D1 offers every year.
    Didn't they get Shanden Vergara of DLSU to a JuCo this year?
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    I'm not a scout
    Ladies and gentlemen that sums it up right there. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    Teka...supposedly we have the oldest professional basketball league in Asia, and it is supposed to be our national pastime...why is it that this hasn't happenned for the past 30 years that I've been actively observing this sport locally? Why have we not been a producer of world class talents since then? Why have we not even produced one locally born talent in the NBA? Bakit kulelat parin tayo in the World or even the Asian stage the past 30 years? We can't even get a Gold medal in the Asian Games for crying out loud!! O sige go ahead and give me a rebuttal you fricken PBA die hards!!

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Didn't they get Shanden Vergara of DLSU to a JuCo this year?
    That dude plays soccer...this is a basketball forum. So to you fricken believers in here..where are our locally produced talents who have been given D1 offers in basketball??Name me even one the past 30 year...ano wala??Nga nga kayo noh??

Face it Kai is an exception because he is over 7 feet tall with rare skills and talent for a filipino player and he is fully supported by his family and local sponsors. But outside of him meron pa ba?? WALA!

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    That dude plays soccer...this is a basketball forum. So to you fricken believers in here..where are our locally produced talents who have been given D1 offers in basketball??Name me even one the past 30 year...ano wala??Nga nga kayo noh??

Face it Kai is an exception because he is over 7 feet tall with rare skills and talent for a filipino player and he is fully supported by his family and local sponsors. But outside of him meron pa ba?? WALA!
    Japhet Aguilar, Kobe Paras duh. Stop trolling about things you dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post

I was discussing it in the context of the organization that brings D1 scouts over for golf scholarships and the possibility of them crossing over to soccer, which has already happened. Please stop overreacting.
    Keep running, big boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Francis Lopez
    Thirdy Ravena

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Francis Lopez
    Thirdy Ravena
    francis and thidy had a ncaa d1 offer? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Well, tbf Japeth and Kobe are rare types of athlete here in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    francis and thidy had a ncaa d1 offer? really?
    Ah sorry, I thought you are saying about players who has potential to train abroad.

Is there a game today?

Kai is a beneficiary of the Jordan Wilmore effect in defense.The opponent would rather drive to Kai than against "The Bear Wilmore",which makes sense if you're a little guard you rather make contact with the skinnier guy,the idea of colliding with a mountain of a man Wilmore is rather frightening.This will make Kai's timing in blocks better and quicker.What I don't get is why the big man is only a 3 star,he's unstopabble scorer inside,a developing midrange,a good shotblocker and he runs the floor on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    Is there a game today?
    Game today vs combine

Quote Originally Posted by Jflo26 View Post
    Game today vs combine
    What time (Manila Time)?

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Kai is a beneficiary of the Jordan Wilmore effect in defense.The opponent would rather drive to Kai than against "The Bear Wilmore",which makes sense if you're a little guard you rather make contact with the skinnier guy,the idea of colliding with a mountain of a man Wilmore is rather frightening.This will make Kai's timing in blocks better and quicker.What I don't get is why the big man is only a 3 star,he's unstopabble scorer inside,a developing midrange,a good shotblocker and he runs the floor on both ends.
    If I'm driving, I' definitely will NOT go the better shotblockers side.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    If I'm driving, I' definitely will NOT go the better shotblockers side.

Yeah,but the physical contact against a big man is something a little not looking forward to,even TR realized his 175lbs.frame takes a beating everytime he makes contact,hence the bulkup.At least against the skinnier Kai,you can still see the ring,with Jordan,you looking up at a widebodied blocking the sun kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Yeah,but the physical contact against a big man is something a little not looking forward to,even TR realized his 175lbs.frame takes a beating everytime he makes contact,hence the bulkup.At least against the skinnier Kai,you can still see the ring,with Jordan,you looking up at a widebodied blocking the sun kinda guy.
    So shoot instead of driving?

Page 343 of 465 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast