Page 9 of 610 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kai Sotto Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    bawal ang jelly jelly jan, dapat support sa lahat, for the good of philippine basketball ha ha
    Tama hehe

I've already made a thread for kai Sotto several months ago.
    titled "The Kai Sotto Thread"
    Link: http://www.interbasket.net/forums/sh...i-Sotto-Thread

You china!
    Hehe
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.
    And I believe in Adam,Lilith and Eve. And dont forget about Samael! lol

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Is the kid being overhyped? Looking purely at boxscores, he's not dominating the junior league even with his height.
    No 14 year old boy baller ever is showing up 17 year old near-men players of top pinoy high schools. I don't even know of a 14 year old boy that can start for a top uaap team. As anyone who watched the game knows, the boy just got dead tired. With better conditioning, a 10 block 30 rebound game for 30 minutes will certainly be easy for him. No hype at all. It is just natural for a 14 year old body to last at most 20 minutes in a uaap game.

What again did kobe paras accomplish at 14?
    Last edited by charmed; 02-13-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed View Post
    No 14 year old boy baller ever is showing up 17 year old near-men players of top pinoy high schools. I don't even know of a 14 year old boy that can start for a top uaap team. As anyone who watched the game knows, the boy just got dead tired. With better conditioning, a 10 block 30 rebound game for 30 minutes will certainly be easy for him. No hype at all. It is just natural for a 14 year old body to last at most 20 minutes in a uaap game.

lol don't start a debate...

Kobe was already dunking a basketball at age 13 whereas Sotto at 13 barely with his height...

either way, would be very interesting to follow this kid's progress...

Quote Originally Posted by patay-butiki View Post
    6'11" 14-year old "nba prospect."

hopefully he grows to 7'3"-7'4". so much expectations, so much hype. i feel if he gets to equate marlou aquino's career (the original Skyscraper), then that in itself is already a good thing. but as a 14 year old prospect that is being carefully groomed and developed by the SBP and MVP group, sky is the limit for the KAISCRAPER.

credit to mrjumbo03 for coming up with the monicker. knowing that a lot of sportscasters and reporters regularly visit interbasket, this nick just might stick.

Attachment 9461
    Are there currently any plans to send him to the US?
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Are there currently any plans to send him to the US?
    admu senior team usually goes to joe abunassar for their annual training.they are planning to send kai with the senior team afaik.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Up..

There are many 6'6 athletic college basketball players in the US NCAA but a 7'3 plus with good fundamental in basketball is a rarity..

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Is the kid being overhyped? Looking purely at boxscores, he's not dominating the junior league even with his height.
    It's really the potential of what the finish product could look like, he's projected to be at least 7 feet and his mobility at this young an age is good. Watching him he actually has a good feel for the game , has good timing. (obviously he's still weak, but that will come to a decent level)

As a poster above mentioned the combination of his projection as an adult (7 feet with mobility and coordination) is really a rarity for Pinoy hoops. (A worst case scenario of a 7 feet version of Marlou Aquino is pretty good!)
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Mods, thanks for merging our threads.
    Cybernetics microchip, RMS not rfid, implantee since 2017. Coz apparently I'm not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    Mods, thanks for merging our threads.
    My apologies. Didnt check carefully if there was a thread for Kai already.

Any chance you can edit the title and add the monicker of "the Kaiscraper"? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by charmed View Post

Maybe good comparison would be to look up the stats of ej feihl in high school. I remember he was already 6'11" when he played for ust junior squad. Was he able to put up monster double-doubles considering he was playing against centers that are may be 8 inches shorter than him?

What i did not know (and i just found out recently), marlou aquino and ej feihl were teammates in high school! That was one tall high school team!!! :eek

^
    that's the thing that is so promising with Kai, he's as tall as EJ Feihl as a high school player, but he definitely is a lot more mobile (similar to Marlou at least. which he's 2 or 3 feet taller than at same age)

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    ^
    that's the thing that is so promising with Kai, he's as tall as EJ Feihl as a high school player, but he definitely is a lot more mobile (similar to Marlou at least. which he's 2 or 3 feet taller than at same age)
    --2 feet to 3 feet taller would be in the Robert Wadlow territory plus.... maybe you mean 2 to 3 inches taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    --2 feet to 3 feet taller would be in the Robert Wadlow territory plus.... maybe you mean 2 to 3 inches taller.
    this. u made my day man.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    As a poster above mentioned the combination of his projection as an adult (7 feet with mobility and coordination) is really a rarity for Pinoy hoops. (A worst case scenario of a 7 feet version of Marlou Aquino is pretty good!)
    Marlou was good when he was young and before he absorbed the pay-for-play attitude.

Any chance you can edit the title and add the monicker of "the Kaiscraper"? Hehe
    I wish I could but its part of forum restrictions..
    anyway, mods can help us.
    If there is any mod out there with access to the database(a brave one), pls contact me. I could help you out with accessing and modifying the data in the database.

i actually liked your thread. it has the monicker in it. i want it back and have discussion over there.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

another double double for Kai Sotto against FEU.

Kai sotto with the outside shooting touch of a primed mick pennisi is more than welcome with me.
    Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    another double double for Kai Sotto against FEU.

hope ateneo goes to the finals to further kai's exposure to higher stakes high school games.

Page 9 of 610 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast